Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ain't No Po-lice Brutality in Texas

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +571 / 11 / -4

#24 Jersey

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +717 / 2 / -9

It's amazing the stupidity of Cops today in this day and age, don't these morons know that Camera's Are Everywhere, this kid will wind up with a few Million $...........

3. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +274 / 3 / -3

That's why so many cops around the country are now arresting people for using their cameras to record their actions -- even though the people aren't doing so secretly, there's no reasonable assumption of privacy when they're out on the street, and their own cars often have cameras now, too. (Of course, those cameras often mysteriously "malfunction" when there are allegations of misconduct that would have been caught on their cameras -- weird, huh?)

4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +571 / 11 / -4

#24 Jersey

Sooo.....it wasn't wrong they beat the bejezuzz out of him - but it was stupid to do it in front of a security camera?

5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +416 / 4 / -15

#18 Jersey

Personally, I'd love to beat the sh1t of all the cops present in that video. It was wrong and horrific to watch and those cops who participated are low-life, scum-sucking cowards.

Having said that, what I don't think is right is that this is being viewed as a civil rights issue because the victim is black. My question is, if the victim was white, should the police officers and the department be punished to a lesser degree? Of course anyone with a brain knows the answer is, "the police officers and department should be punished in exactly the same manner if the victim was white"

And of course race shouldn't influence what the victim receives once he sues this department. None of us should feel worse or better about this incident due to the race of the victim.

Beating any citizen is wrong. Race is irrelevant to that fact.

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +426 / 12 / -26

It is interesting that wolfie's thread have a zillion star rating, and this has one.. guess there are those amongst us who still think that stars mean something, either that or someone has wayyyyy too much time on their hands.

7. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +274 / 3 / -3

It's not a civil rights issue because the victim is black.

However, the victim being black could indicate that there is a continuing problem. Race is not irrelevant if it's part of an ongoing pattern of racism among police, and police misconduct due to that racism. If that's the case -- and I don't know whether it is -- then the incident highlights the need for continuing change in police attitudes and behavior.

8. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +274 / 3 / -3

OT: you should start a thread to whine about that. And start posting in each thread that has more stars about what a shame it is. :)

9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +717 / 2 / -9

I could be wrong and probably am and with my reputation on this forum I'm gonna get it for what I'm about to say but here goes
    "I WONDER IF WE ARE HEARING THE WHOLE STORY OF WHAT LED UP TO THIS"

10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +574 / 6 / -2

Those cops should be F-I-R-E-D. If you can't handle the job, then you should find employment elsewhere.

I don't pity any criminal that gets a beating. Don't want to get beat down, then don't commit crimes. That doesn't mean I think the beating should happen, should be allowed, or that the people delivering the beating shouldn't be punished. It simply means that if you rob someone, and your nose gets broken, I won't shed a tear for you.

I got no problem investigating whether or not the color of one's skin was a factor here. I just don't think it is in the majority of cases. I think police that beat down criminals, beat down all criminals regardless of color. It's a power trip, god complex type deal for some. They beat you down cuz they can beat you down. I'm sure for some it is a factor which is why it should be investigated.

11. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +175 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Well, in that particular police station a bunch of people got fired and several were suspended by the police chief immediately after he saw the video according to that report. Maybe the rest will get the message.

12. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +274 / 3 / -3

It's never wrong to wonder what the whole story is.

Interesting though that you only seem to think about it in an instance like this.

13. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Didn't you say that bringing people up into a thread was a personal attack? I guess you admit you feel you deserve an infraction for bringing me up in an entirely out of context way.

14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +426 / 12 / -26

Mentioning a thread authored by someone is not a personal attack, the term "wolfie" was used to identify the thread.. not the person.

Need to think before you react... guess you did not see the irony.

Thanks for stalking though, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy..

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  15. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +416 / 4 / -15

#18 Jersey

All good points Chico and I agree with all of them.

I just don't think any victim of police brutality should be treated any differently than another...because they are all equally.."Victims".

Nor do I believe that a victim of proven racial police brutality should receive any more compensation from suing a pollice dept for brutality because all victims suffer equally (if the physical beating is equal).

16. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

IOW when you do it, it's not a personal attack. But when I do it, it is. :rolleyes:

Sad part is the liberal moderator agrees with you. In the forum, some posters are far more equal than others. BTW, calling me a stalker is a personal attack and you've been reported.

17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +717 / 2 / -9

I always think of it that is why after seeing something like this in the Left Wing Media i go to Fox and Drudge to get the whole story, nothing yet on it I'm sure they are working on it, I can't understand why this isn't all over the news maybe it is to early for that, this is worse than Rodney King, this is a 16 year old kid Rodney was a wife beating drunken coke sniffing piece of sh!t.

If this kid did nothing but run from the cops they should all go to jail where the Gang Bangers can use them for their girl friends.

Go to Fox News tonight, get their version of it, if they have it.

:bricks:

18. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +274 / 3 / -3

No, you don't always think of it. If it comes from Drudge, Fox, etc. you swallow it unquestioningly. That's why you've started threads about things that were flat out incorrect on multiple occasions -- if it's something negative about anyone or anything from the left, or Muslims, etc., you take it as fact.

19. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +571 / 11 / -4

#24 Jersey

Oh fer cryin out loud, Harry. It IS all over the news. There's not a television station or a media outlet that isn't reporting it.

Why wait? Here it is....FOX is not denying it happened, they are not denying that the video is real or that the story behind it (kid was suspected of burglery, chased, fled, was hit by squad car, immediately lay down and put his hands over his head and was then kicked, punched and stepped on by a large number of policemen.)

What they are saying is, in effect, no big deal - no broken bones or anything.

In other FOX words, no harm, no foul.

Unless, of course, they're trying to say that the cops were really ineffective sissies who couldn't even kick a black kid properly.

Of course, they aren't showing the video, either.

Source: No Broken Bones in Alleged Police Beating

Oh, and by the way, no one was reporting that the kid had any broken bones other than possibly his nose in the first place - so I don't know where they're getting that his "injuries may not be as bad......"

They've also conveniently left off the part where 4 police officers have already been fired for the beating and are awaiting trial and that The Harris County District Attorney's office, the Houston Police Department and Mayor Annise Parker all had opposed release of the video for some unknown reason. (I mean, I wonder why that is?)

http://www.policeone.com/legal/arti...e-shows-controversial-Houston-police-beating/

20. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +426 / 12 / -26

Fools ignore complexity. Pragmatists suffer it. Some can avoid it. Geniuses remove it.