Welcome to PatsFans.com

"Ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more...."

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

How the times are a-changin'.....

Woot!!

[size=+5]Dylan’s Outhouse - Smells Like ‘Rank’ Hypocrisy[/size]

by Pam Meister

In all of the uproar about how the stinky porta-potty at Bob Dylan’s Malibu compound is making his neighbors ill, has no one stopped to think about the rank (pardon the pun) hypocrisy on the part of Dylan, who made his fortune singing songs about the downtrodden, the disenfranchised, the haves versus the have-nots?

In this Red Pepper article reviewing the politics of Dylan’s music during the 1960s, we learn that…

‘Maggie’s Farm’ – booed by purists at the Newport folk festival – fuses class and generational rage in an uncompromising renunciation of wage labour. Here the power of the employers is propped up by ideology (“She talks to all the servants about man and God and law”) and the state (“the National Guard stands around her door”.) The social order is experienced as intrusive, deceitful, inimical to the individual’s need for self-definition. “I try my best to be just like I am/ but everybody wants you to be just like them.”

These themes were also explored in ‘It’s Alright Ma, I’m Only Bleeding’, Dylan’s epic indictment of a society built on hypocrisy and greed (“money doesn’t talk it swears”). Here consciousness is the battleground; it’s where the individual struggles to extract some autonomy from the all-pervading corruption of a society ruled by commodities. (all emphasis mine)

Dylan scholars may be shocked to discover that this outhouse isn’t the result of Dylan’s love of the environment (fellow celebrities Sheryl Crow and Drew Barrymore have both displayed an affinity for more earth-pleasing defecation), but is for the sole use of his employees. Now I understand that maybe he doesn’t want people traipsing in and out of the house day and night, but couldn’t he afford to build a nicer outdoor facility with running water? Seeing as how he was able to bypass handicap accessibility requirements to build a guard house by promising not to hire any handicapped people, surely he could have gotten permission to build a decent restroom for the hard-working security guards hired to protect Dylan from Malibu riff raff.

Say it ain't so, ... Bob!!!

But you can't.

And the times they are a-changin'.......

//
  2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Look, everyone!!!

It's yet ANOTHER thread from our resident creepoid about bodily waste and waste function!!!
  3. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +72 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Oh to be stuck in the Anal phase for life. Not pretty.

Psychoanalysis. a. of or pertaining to the second stage of psychosexual development, during which gratification is derived from the retention or expulsion of feces.
    b. of or pertaining to an anal character.
  4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +908 / 7 / -17

#87 Jersey

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +563 / 2 / -9

I could never understand the success of that Dylan a$s hole, when I get drunk and start singing these Female Mainers squeal and faint like democrats at a Messiah speech, Dylan is just another anti establishment sh!t head who was in the right place at the right time, if you really want to get turned on listen to Roy Rogers singing Swanee River.

Dylan over there taking a sh!t in his Malibu brick Outhouse>>>>>>>>>>>>:bricks:
  6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Bob Dylan's life:

[size=+8]"SOLD OUT!!!"[/size]

//
  7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

no doubt....
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +281 / 10 / -26

it is interesting to note that there is no link posted here..a quick google indicates that Pam Meister works for Newsbusters.. and is a right wing blogger.. perhaps there is shame for posting from such a site..

interesting to note that Dyaln is currently touring in Europe until May 5th..

Do not understand this post, as it seems to have been taken out of context.. is the intent to criticize an port a john has has not removed for workers or is it a critique of his music??? Or is it a defense of the rich and famous in Malibu??
  9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

[size=+3]"... you don't need a Weatherman to know which way the wind blows.....:singing:..." -- Bob Zimmerman[/size]

".... like a rolling stone..... a complete unknown....."

Not any more. Bobby's made it big. REAL big. From Hibbing to Malibu. Such a nice life...... but, but... but.... I thought all the "rich" were just leeches, living off the work of the "poor"..!!!

Say it ain't so, Bobby!! Say it ain't so!!

But, sadly, you can't.

[size=+4] TONIGHT: Bob Dylan!!! SOLD OUT[/size]

//
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +563 / 2 / -9

It's about "SH!T" and I'm all for it.

If human sh!t was ever to become of value Poor people would be born without A$s Holes.
  12. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Good one!:eat3::rofl:

Can I use that at the Rod & Gun meat raffle tomorrow?
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

YEAH! BABY!

Lovin this thread! Ummm...I mean....Ummmm....this is disgusting, sexually repressed bullsh....ummmmm....
  14. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +72 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

That sounds pretty liberal Harry,your slipping.
  15. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +447 / 6 / -9

Thank God you were here, Fog. I almost missed the damning evidence of Bob Dylan's "rank hypocrisy" based on... an outdoor bathroom.

If you actually ever listened to folkie Dylan, you knew he sold out by getting an electric guitar. Then in the 70s he sold out by singing about stuff other than politics, and in the 80s he sold out by turning Christian, then at some point he sold out by turning back Jewish again for like 20 minutes, and I'm not sure what other ways he's sold out.

Of course, you're still fascinated by him, he's still touring Europe, and for a man of 70 or so he seems to attract a good deal of attention, not to mention cash. Not a bad gig.

So I guess 70 year old Bob needs the forgiveness of 20 year old Bob, but I don't know who that's not true of.

But hey, if you and the chick that wrote this article want to burn your 50-year-old vinyl platters, knock yourself out. Me, if I had 'em and didn't want 'em anymore, I'd put those bad boys on E-bay and make some cash...

PFnV
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +563 / 2 / -9

Certainly, while your there look for Henry's Bobcat Bowels, they look just like breakfast sausages, they're great with dropped eggs.
  17. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +281 / 10 / -26

Remember one time saw an interview with Joan Baez and she was commenting on how people come to peace rallies to see Bob Dylan.. she said quite clearly Bob sings the songs but does not walk the walk.. not sure why he is a hypocrite.. capitalism is good. The whole thing sounds like a bunch of rich people whining..
  18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I heard he hangs out with Feinstein when she's on the left coast. He may have sold out when he went electric, but this...... this is just too much!!!!

:mad:

//