PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ainge Plans A Trade

PatsMyBoyz!

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
He was interviewed on Sports Tonight and said he plans to package up a couple of his young players in hopes of trading up. Definitely he has to try,but given his apparent lack of trade acumen,will this be a good thing or will he screw it up? They have the Celts taking Ji Jailain (?) at #5,and this draft is supposedly very deep.
Who do you think he'll package?

He was interviewed on Sports Tonight and said he plans to package up a couple of his young players in hopes of trading up. Definitely he has to try,but given his apparent lack of trade acumen,will this be a good thing or will he screw it up? They have the Celts taking Ji Jailain (?) at #5,and this draft is supposedly very deep.
Who do you think he'll package?
There's no way the Celtics trade up because there's no one worth trading up for unless you can get into the top-2, and there's no way in hell Portland or Seattle are going to trade down.

Given his track record, it doesn't look good.

He should trade down before trading up, cuz as QuiGon said, there is no chance in hell that Portland or Seattle trade their picks. Ainge might be able to get his guy at #9 as it stands now. Look at all the mock, albiet it's May, and they have players outside of #2 all over the board. Some think the guy going #3 will go #11. Ainge should stay put, target his player(s), and see if the phone rings.

Yi Jianlian if he's actually 19.

i say trade the #5 and a player to Minn for Garrnett.

G West
G PP
F Green
F Big Al
C Garrnett

not bad. We do not need another young player.

He should trade down before trading up, cuz as QuiGon said, there is no chance in hell that Portland or Seattle trade their picks. Ainge might be able to get his guy at #9 as it stands now. Look at all the mock, albiet it's May, and they have players outside of #2 all over the board. Some think the guy going #3 will go #11. Ainge should stay put, target his player(s), and see if the phone rings.

Yi Jianlian if he's actually 19.

That's what makes sense to me-there's nothing wrong with being in the 5 slot and there are good teams who drafted low but could use some youth-and the Celts could stand a veteran. Ainge threw that out there to let it be known he's listening and no doubt his phone will ring. Anything could happen in the next month so my point is-all is NOT yet lost. He's sitting in a pretty spot to possibly make some things happen.
On the flip side,the consensus is also that Portland doesn't need anymore youth either. It will be interesting to see what transpires.

i say trade the #5 and a player to Minn for Garrnett.

G West
G PP
F Green
F Big Al
C Garrnett

not bad. We do not need another young player.

Except that minn said last night there is no way they are trading KG

Except that minn said last night there is no way they are trading KG

if we draft anyone...i say Corey Brewer would be the best choice and would be a great SG who is also a great defender. We will see. I know i dont want that Chinesse side show Yi

if we draft anyone...i say Corey Brewer would be the best choice and would be a great SG who is also a great defender. We will see. I know i dont want that Chinesse side show Yi

Brewer is a player. He's the type of guy that might be available at #7-11 meaning Danny might be able to move down and still get him. Al Thorton is another guy to keep an eye on.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back