Welcome to PatsFans.com

Aikman says Tony Romo doesn't get it. LOL

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by JMarr, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMarr

JMarr In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0

FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Aikman: Romo hasn't 'fully grasped' being 'Boys QB

"I think maybe things happened so quickly for Tony in terms of obscurity to all of a sudden national spotlight that he hasn't fully grasped what being the Cowboys quarterback is all about," Aikman said to former teammate Michael Irvin, who hosts a radio show on ESPN Radio. "And you don't go to Cabo the week before a playoff game. You just don't do it.

2. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

This talk is deserved at least until Romo wins a playoff game or 2. The guy is flat out bad in the games that matter.

3. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I also didn't realize this until a few months ago-the guy didn't win a playoff game in college either. I believe he was a starter for 3 years(or 2, not sure), so that says ALOT.

He definitely needs to work on his ball security, that's for sure!

4. WhiZa

WhiZa Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

just pass the torch Aikman. Let the next dallas QB get the spotlight now

5. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +718 / 5 / -5

he needs to work on a lot of things as does the whole team.i like aikman but i have seen him so biased towards the cowboys in the fox broadcasts that its disappointing.
    romo maybe good but 1 yr and he was next peyton manning. Teams eventually figure out that if kept in the pocket and not allowed to roll out...he can be had..easily.
    Plus...everyone complained how parcells was a dictator and how phillips is such a nice guy .Ibet no one misses him more than romo right now.

6. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

It's not so much Parcells that's missed, but members of his STAFF-in particular, Tony Sparano and ESPECIALLY David Lee-the latter who worked constantly with Romo and helped keep him in focus 100% of the time.

Our current QB coach, Wade Wilson, is a JOKE-it was no coincidence Chicago let him go 2 years ago. Yeah-Wilson coached a bunch of Rex Grossmans there, but since Lee left and on came Wilson, alot of Romo's tendencies have been awfully similar to Orton's in '05 and Grossman's in '06...start out fast, then largely due to not paying attention to the basic fundamentals like ball security and throwing off his back feet when facing pressure, he would regress quite a bit as the season went along. I saw the same exact thing with Rex in Chicago's Super Bowl year. Remember when he emerged as an MVP candidate after that first month?

All I can say it's no coincidence that regardless of the team and QBs, Wilson's presence had similar results.

BTW-Kyle Orton played much better this year w/ a different, albeit much better QB coach(Pep Hamilton).

7. luckiestman

luckiestman Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I love listening to Aikman's disgust when he is in the booth. On many receptions, he will still say the QB sucks.

8. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Why should he? Until a QB that puts on a Dallas uniform wins anything, Aikman stays in the spotlight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.