PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aikman says Tony Romo doesn't get it. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMarr

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Aikman: Romo hasn't 'fully grasped' being 'Boys QB

"I think maybe things happened so quickly for Tony in terms of obscurity to all of a sudden national spotlight that he hasn't fully grasped what being the Cowboys quarterback is all about," Aikman said to former teammate Michael Irvin, who hosts a radio show on ESPN Radio. "And you don't go to Cabo the week before a playoff game. You just don't do it.

This talk is deserved at least until Romo wins a playoff game or 2. The guy is flat out bad in the games that matter.

I also didn't realize this until a few months ago-the guy didn't win a playoff game in college either. I believe he was a starter for 3 years(or 2, not sure), so that says ALOT.

He definitely needs to work on his ball security, that's for sure!

just pass the torch Aikman. Let the next dallas QB get the spotlight now

I also didn't realize this until a few months ago-the guy didn't win a playoff game in college either. I believe he was a starter for 3 years(or 2, not sure), so that says ALOT.

He definitely needs to work on his ball security, that's for sure!

he needs to work on a lot of things as does the whole team.i like aikman but i have seen him so biased towards the cowboys in the fox broadcasts that its disappointing.
romo maybe good but 1 yr and he was next peyton manning. Teams eventually figure out that if kept in the pocket and not allowed to roll out...he can be had..easily.
Plus...everyone complained how parcells was a dictator and how phillips is such a nice guy .Ibet no one misses him more than romo right now.

he needs to work on a lot of things as does the whole team.i like aikman but i have seen him so biased towards the cowboys in the fox broadcasts that its disappointing.
romo maybe good but 1 yr and he was next peyton manning. Teams eventually figure out that if kept in the pocket and not allowed to roll out...he can be had..easily.
Plus...everyone complained how parcells was a dictator and how phillips is such a nice guy .Ibet no one misses him more than romo right now.

It's not so much Parcells that's missed, but members of his STAFF-in particular, Tony Sparano and ESPECIALLY David Lee-the latter who worked constantly with Romo and helped keep him in focus 100% of the time.

Our current QB coach, Wade Wilson, is a JOKE-it was no coincidence Chicago let him go 2 years ago. Yeah-Wilson coached a bunch of Rex Grossmans there, but since Lee left and on came Wilson, alot of Romo's tendencies have been awfully similar to Orton's in '05 and Grossman's in '06...start out fast, then largely due to not paying attention to the basic fundamentals like ball security and throwing off his back feet when facing pressure, he would regress quite a bit as the season went along. I saw the same exact thing with Rex in Chicago's Super Bowl year. Remember when he emerged as an MVP candidate after that first month?

All I can say it's no coincidence that regardless of the team and QBs, Wilson's presence had similar results.

BTW-Kyle Orton played much better this year w/ a different, albeit much better QB coach(Pep Hamilton).

I love listening to Aikman's disgust when he is in the booth. On many receptions, he will still say the QB sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes