PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ahmad Brooks currently weighs 290 LBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
According to Len Pasquarelli of ESPN insider. He also reports that the Pats are impressed with the work of Jeremy Mincey and Freddy Roach so far.

PonyExpress said:
He also reports that the Pats are impressed with the work of Jeremy Mincey and Freddy Roach so far.
I realize we're miles and miles away from these two being starters but it would just crack me up if they ended up being good with all the #1 picks used on LB this year.

PonyExpress said:
According to Len Pasquarelli of ESPN insider. He also reports that the Pats are impressed with the work of Jeremy Mincey and Freddy Roach so far.

How does one put on 40 lbs in 3 months????? Seriously.. In February, Brooks was at 249 lbs. Did Brooks just stop working out and plant himself at McDonalds eating 5 Sausage McMuffins and 10 Hashbrowns for Breakfast, and then 2-3 Big Macs for lunch and Dinner with 2 large helpings of fries at each meal?

DAMN that is a lot of weight in a short amount of time if true.

Here's a snippet on Brooks from the Pasquarelli piece:

Teams interested in Brooks, based on his play early in his college career, might want to do a little more homework on him. It seems that Brooks, who has been working out in the Atlanta area, has ballooned up to 280-290 pounds, and has plenty of conditioning work to do before league scouts come calling. Or before teams start to consider him a defensive line candidate instead of a linebacker prospect. The good news, relatively speaking, is that Brooks is still clocking at under five seconds in the 40, and has retained much of his quickness.

What would be interesting is if he made a move to 4-3 DE. He apparantly has the quickness for it, and if he's gained weight he would have the weight for it.

I believe Brooks was in the 260 range last year. Whatever interest I had in him is now at a very low point. What are people's thoughts on Chris Clairborne? I've always liked him and I've thought he'd make a good fit here. Has been released? He can play inside or outside and maybe BB could bring him to the next level.

Last edited:
I don't believe Claiborne is on a team right now. You'd think Belichick would have brought him in at some point if he had interest. Not sure about his injury history, but he did play 14 games for the Rams last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG he gained 40 lbs? One word - FAT!!!

I think this drops his chances even further of getting drafted in the supplemental draft. I revise my previous estimate of a 3rd rounder to a 6th rounder. Maybe 5th rounder if you want to make sure you win. :p

I'd rather have the in shape and working hard Mincey and Roach then the now fat pot smoking slob known as Brooks.

Atlanta Patsfan said:
What are people's thoughts on Chris Clairborne?
I dont see why we haven't brought him in, perhaps we are waiting to sign and extend some people before we do so. I'm also interested in Tommy Polley as an ILB, how do you think he'd do?

drpatriot said:
I dont see why we haven't brought him in, perhaps we are waiting to sign and extend some people before we do so. I'm also interested in Tommy Polley as an ILB, how do you think he'd do?

Polley is under 230 lbs. That is extremely light for a Patriots ILB. I think Polley would be better lining up at Strong Safety for the Pats than ILB. But, I don't know the extent of Polley's coverage skills or his play-calling ability.

drpatriot said:

Polley's pretty small, isn't he? Only weighs around 230. If he could put on 10 lbs he could work, but Claiborne is already 250. Just has no work ethic and isn't willing to put in the work to reach his high ceiling, despite being only 28. He had a hundred tackles or more for three consecutive seasons with the Lions (2nd-4th of his career) but his production tailed off recently. Despite playing 14 games with the Rams last year, he finished with only 38 tackles. If he can't stick with the Lions, Vikings, or Rams, three teams with poor defenses, he'll have trouble making it with the Patriots.

Attachments

• sbring18.jpg
    sbring18.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 26
VJCPatriot said:
OMG he gained 40 lbs? One word - FAT!!!

I think this drops his chances even further of getting drafted in the supplemental draft. I revise my previous estimate of a 3rd rounder to a 6th rounder. Maybe 5th rounder if you want to make sure you win. :p

I'd rather have the in shape and working hard Mincey and Roach then the now fat pot smoking slob known as Brooks.

The assumption is the weight gain is all fat. It is possible that he gained it in muscle. There is only one way that I know of to gain that much mucle mass that quickly and that ain't good, either.
I say we pass on Mr. Brooks.

sounds to me like he's using roids. There is no possible way, without HEAVY, HEAVY lifting to gain that much wait in that little time

bigrichard93 said:
sounds to me like he's using roids. There is no possible way, without HEAVY, HEAVY lifting to gain that much wait in that little time

It does not matter period. No way in hell could you gain 40 pounds in 3 months. There's just no humanly way possible. This report is either crap, or he has been juicin' up bigtime.

BionicPatriot said:
It does not matter period. No way in hell could you gain 40 pounds in 3 months. There's just no humanly way possible. This report is either crap, or he has been juicin' up bigtime.
There is another possibility. His listed weight as of 3 months ago could have been incorrect. I have read elsewhere that Brroks was at 260 lbs last year, not 249, which makes this report more plausible.

BionicPatriot said:

Even with that, HGH is the only way I think. Effective short-term anabloic steroids like nandrolone or stanozolol won't give you that kind of gain in that amount of time, even with heavy lifting. HGH might, simply because it promotes rapid tissue growth under those circumstances, but it would just be size, and not the commensurate strength or endurance gains you would expect to accompany such an increase in muscle mass.

Personally, I think he's been scarfing down cheeseburgers.

Last edited:
you guys have perspective issues

I recently gained 15lbs in 2 weeks thanks to in-laws spending 10 days with my wife and I, and taking over both cooking duties and our general routine...

...so now I'm 225 instead of 210...

40 lbs in 12 weeks??

easy as a big f'n pie or 3

Flying Fungi said:
you guys have perspective issues

I recently gained 15lbs in 2 weeks thanks to in-laws spending 10 days with my wife and I, and taking over both cooking duties and our general routine...

...so now I'm 225 instead of 210...

40 lbs in 12 weeks??

easy as a big f'n pie or 3
Ain't that the truth. Sigh

So basically Brooks got 'elvis fat' proportions but without the muscle to go with it or the ability to rock n roll? Wow talk about letting yourself go. No wonder he got kicked off the team. I wonder maybe if he got so depressed after missing out that he decided to just stuff his face with pie.

If he had any kind of motivation he would have worked out harder than ever since it's so hard to make it as a supplemental draftee or UDFA.

... 290 lbs. Serious case of the munchies!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back