Ahhh, the memories of it all....

Status
Not open for further replies.

supafly

Eff you, Shula
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
For those who may have missed it on the home page. The last minute or so of the AFCCG at Heinz field in 2001 + some post-game interviews.

This one really proved the 'team' mentality out of all of them for me, and we went from 9 point underdogs in Pittsburgh to 14 point underdogs in New Orleans in SB 36 vs St.Louis. Then, as we all remember "tonight a dynasty is born."

May sound cheezy, but it's still some damn powerful stuff right here.

YouTube - ‪2001 New England Patriots win the AFC Championship‬‏

Thanks for posting this. I've never seen it before. It also led me to click on another video of the last drive of SB 36. I got chills all over again. I guess it never gets old for me :)

Thanks for posting this. I've never seen it before. It also led me to click on another video of the last drive of SB 36. I got chills all over again. I guess it never gets old for me :)

Same here, it had been awhile. Something like that can never get old :) Best thing is, it's going to happen again, and the team is poised to make another good run.

Look how far the Patriots have come since being that Cinderella team that went into the Super Bowl as 14 point underdogs and brought home a championship. Good to be reminded of what Drew brought to the 2001 team and the many veterans that established the model for the Patriot attitude, including Troy Brown.

No question, the Patriots have reigned over the league since that year.

Seeing Heinz field in the background just makes it all that much better. 9 pt dogs there + then 14 pt dogs vs St Louis--definitely some challenging stuff.

I believe, without a doubt that's when the team really started trusting & believing in themselves and the Belichick, especially after the Oakland game.

Last edited:
The best part of that game, in hindsight, was Gil Santos' opening:

"Good afternoon everyone and welcome to Heinz field in Pittsburgh where we are happy to report that despite all of the prognostications of doom, the Patriots ARE here and DO intend to take the field against the Pittsburgh Steelers."

The best part of that game, in hindsight, was Gil Santos' opening:

"Good afternoon everyone and welcome to Heinz field in Pittsburgh where we are happy to report that despite all of the prognostications of doom, the Patriots ARE here and DO intend to take the field against the Pittsburgh Steelers."

LOL classic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey