PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ah! Bob Ryan is trashing the Pats, Belichick, and the fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a hypocrit. The guy idolizes our cheating Aurebach but hates Belichick. Give me a break. How sad that Bill has to deal with this bs.

These people are paid to give their opinions. That's what they do. Be it Peter King, Bob Ryan or anyone else, they are not much different from anyone posting here. They just get paid to post their opinions while we do it for free, and they're every bit as full of crap as most people are. Why not just take a very simple position on all these sorts of 'journalists' and say:

I%20don%27t%20give%20a%20rat%27s%20ass.jpg

Use the media for factual information. Their opinions mean nothing.

i have never heard of this bob ryan, but i am sure espn will air something about it

What a hypocrit. The guy idolizes our cheating Aurebach but hates Belichick. Give me a break. How sad that Bill has to deal with this bs.

Exactly.....BOOB Ryan.

He's a basketball guy so he should be forgiven, but the league has been over the rule a million times.

So he would rather have senile refs making judgment calls on whether or not "hand going forward = fumble or pass."

There's a valid reason for the rule, Bob....you can't have any gray area for assigning intent of passer.

Its funny how nobody complains about the rule when it happens to their team, but as it applies to the Pats it's suddenly a "bad rule."

Bob's right, it was a bad call. The call should have been roughing the passer, Pats ball 15 yards from the spot of the foul. That said, I'll settle for the tuck rule call.

You are correct sir. A blow to the head of the QB could have been the call on Charles Woodson. It would have moved us 15 yards further and O.T. might have not been necessary. Certainly more blatant than the Ben Drieth call against Hamilton on Stabler. The better team lost that day in 76. Don't you ever ***** Oakland fans.
I have seen many lesser helmet hits on the QB called.
DW Toys

Right, Bob, because the Celtics ALWAYS won it the right way.

He's in some stupid fight with Simmons, too. I don't read his column, don't watch his show.

Just to chime in, Bob Ryan is a dumb tw@.

That's all.

Come on people, it's much better to win a championship by BUYING your way to it.

Sox and Schilling + $200 million dollar payroll, or Celtics and their sham trades for Garnett!

Ryan is intellectually bankrupt on this one.

The NBA has a salary cap too...

He's a basketball guy so he should be forgiven, but the league has been over the rule a million times.

So he would rather have senile refs making judgment calls on whether or not "hand going forward = fumble or pass."

There's a valid reason for the rule, Bob....you can't have any gray area for assigning intent of passer.

Its funny how nobody complains about the rule when it happens to their team, but as it applies to the Pats it's suddenly a "bad rule."

see he gives this opinion after the celtics won the championship this yr . So he has something to harp on.
Aside...is Felger's show still on ????

Last night on PTI, Wilbon and Ryan (who sat for Korn) had the ARod/Madonna story as a topic. Ryan thought it was discussion-worthy for all the obvious reasons but Wilbon disagreed, and his rebut was... (you'll never believe this in a million years)...

Wilbon's comment was..." We don't discuss anybody's personal lfe here unless it affects the game. Their personal lives are their own and it's none of our business". Sweet Jezuz I couldn't believe what I'd just heard. I think we all recall "Bradygate", and on more than one occasion Korn and Wilbon discussed Bridgete, The Love Child, and how many times Tom was seen with Gisele and how often Tom saw his son. All of a sudden, it's none of Wilbon's business, and ESPN doesn't discuss players' personal lives...:rofl: Stop the madness. I was in disbelief of that statement.

Anyway Ryan never said a word...not ONE WORD, to Wilbon about how he'd handled certain other "personal stories" about players in Boston. Not a word....all Ryan did was kiss Wilbon's * and agree with him. He just let it go.

With very few exceptions, our local media is just dumb and uninformed. It's much easier for people like Bob Ryan to just go with the flow than to step up and have at least the modicum of intelligence to be able to defend something or someone that most people are trying to tear down. JMO but I'd come here to this site before I'd bother to read 90% of the garbage out local yokels offer up. (I miss Al Breer btw. His Tale Of The Tape and his game analyses' were just outstanding. Mike Reiss and Al Breer-life was good for the Patriots fan :))

I'm so sick of being embarrassed by our local media.

He feels the Pats' win in the first Super Bowl was fraudulent because they won on a bad rule.

Um, no they didn't. They may have gotten there with one but they still had to win the big one as massive underdogs. No rule helped them there.

Um, no they didn't. They may have gotten there with one but they still had to win the big one as massive underdogs. No rule helped them there.

Twice, actually. No one gave them a chance in Pittsburgh, also.

The NBA has a salary cap too...

It's a soft cap, not a hard cap. The Celtics pay penalty dollars to the rest of the league. I'm pretty sure that Bob Kraft would jump at the chance to pay Tom Brady what he's actually worth even if that means incurring a penalty.

OK, here's a quiz. No cheating now!

Select one answer only!

Bob Ryan is:

(a) Past his prime
(b) Desperate for anything that will get him a byline and attention on ESPN
(c) Jealous of Tomass. At least people know who he is!
(d) Really threatened by guys like Reiss who know what they are talking about
(e) All of the above.

Time's up. Close your blue books and pass them to the middle of the room.

lol yeah it is funny that 6 1/2 years later some people are still mad about the tuck rule, or say it was a BS title. what a bunch of sorry crybaby losers.

c'mon...wait just a sec...I've been a Pats fans since the 60's...I would smash Ben Dreith right in the mouth today because HE'S a freakin' azzole..he knows what he did...we NEVER got a damn thing from the league about that 75 playoff.

The Brady tuck situation I thought was a fumble. I never heard of any tuck rule...I saw it, I would have called it a fumble...when it was explained and I read the NFL rule..it was the PROTO tuck rule situation...OK...a stupid rule but THEY put it in..the Raiders STILL had a fair chance and BLEW it...and the Pats, not Brady, beat the bejeezus out of the greatest show on turf...all in all all it added up to one of the greatest football moments in NFL history...if/then was a nice way of dealing with the shock of that Ram offense being shut down in a game they should have scored 50 in. Why there is any question to this day goes to West Coast bias to anything associated with the East.Period. Brady GREW in the second super bowl amd actually unmasked McNabb as a choke in the third. This past one they had won, even though offensively they played horrible. So what? It's always been the Patriots manta these past 8 years that they OUT execute the other team...well the G-Men out executed at the end. End of story. They should have won by double digits but they got a good taste of what the Rams felt in 2001. I think THAT is a good thing for a team with Brady in his prime...and Kevin Garnett,Paul Pierce and Ray Ray using TEAM concepts to do what every bigmouthed media pundit who spent insane amounts of print on the Patriots earlier can only serve as a TREMENDOUS incentive for this 2008 Patriots incarnation. I know you people see it...you see the Sox...you see all the media craziness trying to find holes, trying to tear away at Manny, trying to look for Matsuzaka to falter...and what are they getting?? Lowell(the throwin) is shoving it right down their throats..Pedroia is making them eat tons of bigmouthed crow...think about it...the pressure is OFF the best team in football this season...and I think they are going to dominate in a way that will finally end this whole nationwide jihad waged against them

Bob Ryan acting like this on the Felger Show, what a perfect stage hosted by a perfect azzhole.. Borges, Tomase, Ryan, Felger the ass clowns of Boston Media.. give them a double flush of the mind.

c'mon...wait just a sec...I've been a Pats fans since the 60's...I would smash Ben Dreith right in the mouth today because HE'S a freakin' azzole..he knows what he did...we NEVER got a damn thing from the league about that 75 playoff.

The Brady tuck situation I thought was a fumble. I never heard of any tuck rule...I saw it, I would have called it a fumble...when it was explained and I read the NFL rule..it was the PROTO tuck rule situation...OK...a stupid rule but THEY put it in..the Raiders STILL had a fair chance and BLEW it...and the Pats, not Brady, beat the bejeezus out of the greatest show on turf...all in all all it added up to one of the greatest football moments in NFL history...if/then was a nice way of dealing with the shock of that Ram offense being shut down in a game they should have scored 50 in. Why there is any question to this day goes to West Coast bias to anything associated with the East.Period. Brady GREW in the second super bowl amd actually unmasked McNabb as a choke in the third. This past one they had won, even though offensively they played horrible. So what? It's always been the Patriots manta these past 8 years that they OUT execute the other team...well the G-Men out executed at the end. End of story. They should have won by double digits but they got a good taste of what the Rams felt in 2001. I think THAT is a good thing for a team with Brady in his prime...and Kevin Garnett,Paul Pierce and Ray Ray using TEAM concepts to do what every bigmouthed media pundit who spent insane amounts of print on the Patriots earlier can only serve as a TREMENDOUS incentive for this 2008 Patriots incarnation. I know you people see it...you see the Sox...you see all the media craziness trying to find holes, trying to tear away at Manny, trying to look for Matsuzaka to falter...and what are they getting?? Lowell(the throwin) is shoving it right down their throats..Pedroia is making them eat tons of bigmouthed crow...think about it...the pressure is OFF the best team in football this season...and I think they are going to dominate in a way that will finally end this whole nationwide jihad waged against them

The Ben Dreith fix game was a 1976 playoff game, but I hear ya.

I always knew Bob Ryan was a know-nothing long before his latest rantings. Met him down in Houston prior to the Super Bowl, and he's an idiot to boot, but I digress.....

There are good doctors and bad doctors, good lawyers and bad lawyers, and good and bad in all professions. Bob Ryan (and I've said this to friends for a very, very long time) falls in the category of "bad". He's often uninformed. He takes what ends up being the wrong position on things, almost at a pathetic rate. I wish I tracked this stuff over the years, because he the worst.

Think about the C's though...only Maxwell was consistently on the mark series to series. Sure Atalanta used their hustle and youth at home, Pierce had a couple dog games and Ray Ray was moved off his spot by their young, quick guards...the media tried to predict doom, gloom ,Doc is a lousy coach..blah blah blah...that 7th game, the Hawks were never in it..and Doc played Posey in key minutes and Pierce did what he was supposed to do....flustered the media, but Maxwell was spot on...the Hawks never had a chance...same thing with Cleveland, and when LeBron blew up middle series, THIS was it...they never had a chance in the final game...once again Doc's rotation, which the media could not seem to grasp, fit that situation perfectly. Then of course, Ray Allen was done so the C's were ****ed up against Detroit...unfortunately Dtroit didn't have the young quick guards that gave Allen so much trouble earlier and suddenly.."hey!! Ray Allen might be coming out of it!!"...bull****..he was always in it..it was the matchups..lost in the whole thing was Pierce shut down Detroits small forward postion and Doc played the bench for stretches that actually increased leads, with no answer for Posey. Rasheed Wallace had a hard time because through it all, Garnett was there game in and out. OK, shocking but Detroit obviously was getting old right?

So then the best palyer in the league with the best supporting cast and the big center and the best supporting cast were practically handed the title...C's were big underdogs...the entire press agreed...I heard Maxwell say on EEI, the Lakers were custom made for Doc' rotation...he was right ...everyone else was dead wrong. You put Kobe Bryant on the floor looking to score and you'l damn well see who Paul Pierce really is...that block took Bryant out of the series...and Allen abused this supposed super supprter Voyachic or whatever like a two year old *****..behind it all Garnett tortured the soft center and the C's second unit INCREASED leads on this team that was suppose to run the C's off the floor...most obvious was Allen making threes at will...why?..the Lakers didn't have the Hawks quick youngsters that could keep him off his spot...it was a destruction..and Ryan and the entire Boston media took it right in chin...because they actually don't know **** about matchup basketball and they certtainly never suspected Paul Pierce not only had no fear of Kobe, hE OWNED HIM. A great championship...and the key was the 6'11 guy who you can't win with because he takes jumpers...heh...ask that stiff the Lakers had at center what else KG is good at.

But the best...the ab solute best...was the second string shooting lights out and BURYING the Lakers and the game in the 2nd quarter. WTF could Ryan and the rest write about? They never saw it coming...well I know we fans did...and I get a funny feeling BB is going to get back to that same focus and intensity without all the media pressure..and I bet dollars to donuts the C's are guests all season just to remind the best coached team team in football that's it's the basics and exection that wins out. I'm really looking forward to this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back