PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Some of his gems from his appears on Felger's radio show:

"I get queasy thinking of the tuck rule"

"This whole thing started on a sham (tuck rule)"

"The Patriots fans failed for not caring about Belichick cheating"

"I will never feel good about the Patriots wins because I want to win right"

He basically spent five minutes trashing Belichick and the fans for supporting him. He feels the Pats fans have no morals because they never even questioned Belichick. He feels the Pats' win in the first Super Bowl was fraudulent because they won on a bad rule.

Media Branding 101: When all else fails, offend people. He's desperate...go into the tar, dinosaur, your time is over.

Bob can't admit he is wrong about his earlier moronic column, so he just keeps plugging away with nonsense.
Tuck rule !!!
Do a little better than that Bob.

Bob can't admit he is wrong about his earlier moronic column, so he just keeps plugging away with nonsense.
Tuck rule !!!
Do a little better than that Bob.

Bob's right, it was a bad call. The call should have been roughing the passer, Pats ball 15 yards from the spot of the foul. That said, I'll settle for the tuck rule call.

You know, I really used to like Bob Ryan. I would read anything he wrote, watch shows like Sports Reporters when he was on and always listen to whatever radio show he is on. However, over the last few years, he has grown old and tired. It is sad. It is like watching a great athlete who should have retired two years earlier hang on for one more run that is never going to happen.

Come on people, it's much better to win a championship by BUYING your way to it.

Sox and Schilling + $200 million dollar payroll, or Celtics and their sham trades for Garnett!

Ryan is intellectually bankrupt on this one.

Ryan is a basketball writer first and a baseball writer second and not a football writer. I think he hates that the Patriots have become nearly as popular as the Red Sox and even with the NBA Championship the Celts still trail a distant third in this town.

I always thought Bob Ryans writing was annoying. He had this holly than thou attitude because he felt he had been on the beat so long he was entitled to this attitude and he wrote about the Boston misery much better. He has no clue what to say now that the teams are successful. I probably haven't read more than 10 Ryan articles since highschool.

Bob Ryan is a sensationalist, pure and simple. He'll say anything to get attention.

Sox and Schilling + $200 million dollar payroll

To be fair to the Sawx, they've "only" spent $130M-$150M on payroll each year since 2004, as opposed to the Steinbrenners, who've spent well over a billion dollars on their zero championships this decade. :rofl:

what does one expect.. he's a moron...once was a writer with integrity...but ESPN can certainly make one a loud mouth jerk with no substance. which is what he is..If ever there was a case of a writer having a brain transplant..this is teh case..the OLD Bob Ryan was a solid writer of integrity the pseudo Bob is now a half baked moron.

Yes the whole thing started on a sham, aka the correct call being made.

You want to talk about a bad call during a championship run?

Hmmm, face guarding on Ellis Hobbs? Or was that alright Bobby?

Anyways I don't even take this stuff seriously any more, I honestly stopped caring a long time ago. I can really care less what a non-Pats fans opinion of our team is.

You know, I really used to like Bob Ryan. I would read anything he wrote, watch shows like Sports Reporters when he was on and always listen to whatever radio show he is on. However, over the last few years, he has grown old and tired. It is sad. It is like watching a great athlete who should have retired two years earlier hang on for one more run that is never going to happen.
I'm with you. For many, many years I admired his writing and commentary even when I didn't agree with him, which wasn't often. Now, he seems like an angry, old guy who hates a lot of things, particularly anything connected to Bill Belichick. I have no information to back this up, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is suffering from the same syndrome which I believe afflicts Peter King - namely, being frozen out by BB.

I don't know who this guy is. I thought it was the DC for the Raiders at first. I never heard of this guy or if I have he was easy to forget.

I'm with you. For many, many years I admired his writing and commentary even when I didn't agree with him, which wasn't often. Now, he seems like an angry, old guy who hates a lot of things, particularly anything connected to Bill Belichick. I have no information to back this up, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is suffering from the same syndrome which I believe afflicts Peter King - namely, being frozen out by BB.
Could be...or a brain transplant...what was a good noteworthy writer has been ESPNed into being a hack...if even that..

HEY BOB RYAN....F U PAL!!!
You are just as pathetic as that scumbag loser who "Makes up" stories for the Herald. Oh wait, you are on the show of another Herald writer who is a pathetic loser. Go figure.
I will support my coach and team whether you like it or not. I don't need your friggin permission to do so. You better not cross my path on the street. I will tell you to your face how much YOU SUCK!! :mad:
I am sick and tired of these morons in the Boston media. Now we fans are the target for their venom because we don't agree with their ridiculous opinions.
It's time for us fans to tell them where to go.

Thank God for Mike Reiss.

Last edited:
Yes the whole thing started on a sham, aka the correct call being made.

You want to talk about a bad call during a championship run?

Hmmm, face guarding on Ellis Hobbs? Or was that alright Bobby?

Anyways I don't even take this stuff seriously any more, I honestly stopped caring a long time ago. I can really care less what a non-Pats fans opinion of our team is.

:agree:

AMEN.

Ryan is watching his own ship sink while the good ship Patriot steams merrily along, with BB still manning the helm. Man Hands Macmullen was recently thrown overboard, Borges walked the plank, Shaugnessy has a shell of his former influence.

He looks across the harbor and sees the Herald half-submerged, with a hole in the hull the size of John Tomase.

The old guard's day is over. The instituitons that gave them unrivaled access to the public are dissolving.

Long after Felger and Tomase leave the Herald, and Ryan takes his severance check, Belichick will still be smiling, adored by the fans, with a hot cougar on his arm.

Was there any greater demonstration of the old guard's impotence than the adoration BB received at the C's games, despite the unending vitriol directed at him from the corridors of power?

I hope Ryan slips on another professional banana peel, maybe another wife-beating promotion on national TV. That would close his career on a high note.

You can't blame him. He learned at the feet of that beacon of sportsmanship, Red Auerbach.

Red knew that cold muscles caused injury which is why he set the heat for 150 degrees in the opposing locker rooms during June playoffs.

Come on people, it's much better to win a championship by BUYING your way to it.

Sox and Schilling + $200 million dollar payroll, or Celtics and their sham trades for Garnett!

Ryan is intellectually bankrupt on this one.

Ryan's huge love is the NBA. Yes Tim Donaghy's NBA. Funny how Ryan has never written on that topic. Most American's aren't surprised to hear about refs fixing NBA games because they (me) have thought the NBA product (games, draft) has been rigged for a long time and it's one step above Roller Derby and the WWF.
Preach On Daddy Bob!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill