Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do Pats have three of top four QBs in the division?

• Yes.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • No—they have the top 3!

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • No—there are at least two better ones

Votes: 67 75.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The above possibility occurred to me this evening.

Do you agree or disagree?

DISAGREE.

What exactly has Hoyer done to make you all beleive he's legit? And seeing that Mallett hasn't 1) played an NFL down, let alone practice with NFL players and 2) won't ever see the field (God willing)....what makes you think he's legit?

C'mon people. Being a fan is great. Homerism is fine, but this is cookoo.

No offense, but what has Hoyer ever done to fill anyone with confidence or to say that he is a better player than Mark Sanchez who played very well (3 td's) vs the Pats in the playoffs?

Ryan Mallett comes with a lot of potential but he also comes with just as many question marks...Mallett was eratic to say the least in the college game. What is he going to look like when NFL teams scheme for him?

Not saying the Mallett choice was a bad one, but to say that he is better at this point than guys like Sanchez or Fitzpatrick (who looked really good at times) is just plain silly.

Fitzpatrick might be the 2nd best QB in afc east. He was very solid imo and the Bills obviously feel confident in him for this year. Sanchez is surrounded by talent in every position and he still struggles.

I agree, especially when you look at the players they have surrounding them. Sanchez is in a fight with Henne for the #3 best QB.

I might put Hoyer over Henne and Sanchez, but without starting a game I can't tell. Same goes for Mallet. If I'm going to be a homer then I'd say it goes Brady, Mallet, Fitzpatrick, Hoyer, Sanchez, Henne

Sanchez
Brady
Clemmens
Ainge
McElroy
Fitz
Henne
:)

Brady
Fitzpatrick
Sanchez
Henne

All the rest are either stiffs or unproven.

Hoyer could very well be better than Henne. I just haven't seen enough to verify if that's the case.

If he isn't, that would certainly explain the Mallett pick.

the **** is this?

=====================================================================

Lighten up homer, I gave it a happy face, which of course means I was being facetious. It goes with out saying and everyone knows McElroy is better then Ainge.

=====================================================================

Lighten up homer, I gave it a happy face, which of course means I was being facetious. It goes with out saying and everyone knows McElroy is better then Ainge.

Mallett>Sanchez.

At doing drugs and being a statue in the pocket.

No. For not going around an hooking up with 18 year old college kids.

It's hard to argue that Sanchez and Fitzpatrick are 2 & 3, in the order of your choice. Fitz had better regular season stats with a far worse supporting cast; Sanchez seems to step up in the playoffs, which Fitz has never had a chance to do.

But I do think that if you put Hoyer and Mallett in Dolphins camp, there would be a 3-way open competition for the starting job.

I don't want to hijack this thread or be labeled a troll so I don't want this to turn into some flamefest....while I'm not advocating what Sanchez did, at least the girl was legal and she did lie about her age to him.

How some of you even think that there is a sliver of an argument for Fitzpatrick over Sanchez is hilarious to me, such homerism.

There is no argument for it at all, throw all the stats out, anyone with any understanding of football can just use the eye test to determine it's no competition. Cherry pick stats, use the better team excuse and the "what ifs", but there is no legit argument at this point to even mention Fitzpatrick over Sanchez. It's just embarrassing to the more knowledgeable ones of your fanbase.

How some of you even think that there is a sliver of an argument for Fitzpatrick over Sanchez is hilarious to me, such homerism.

There is no argument for it at all, throw all the stats out, anyone with any understanding of football can just use the eye test to determine it's no competition. Cherry pick stats, use the better team excuse and the "what ifs", but there is no legit argument at this point to even mention Fitzpatrick over Sanchez. It's just embarrassing to the more knowledgeable ones of your fanbase.

We are debating over the QB's of two division rivals. Explain the homerism.

What eye test do i need to use? Sanchez overthrowing his guys by 5 yards on 5 yard outs?

There is also no cherry picking of stats possible...Fitzpatricks stats were better in every category with far less talent and less games.

We are debating over the QB's of two division rivals. Explain the homerism.

What eye test do i need to use? Sanchez overthrowing his guys by 5 yards on 5 yard outs?

There is also no cherry picking of stats possible...Fitzpatricks stats were better in every category with far less talent and less games.

The eye test is watching Sanchez when the games matter most, as you should be well aware of.

1. Brady

2. Sanchez

3. Fitzpatrick
4. Henne

The eye test is watching Sanchez when the games matter most, as you should be well aware of.

1. Brady

2. Sanchez

3. Fitzpatrick
4. Henne

Does the wild card game vs the Colts count for the eye ball test? Did it not matter then when the Jets went 11 quarters without an offensive TD ? Or do we only acknowledge the games that go well for him?

Simple scenario. Put Sanchez on the Bills. Let's see him carry that team by his arm alone. 3-13 at best.

Last edited:

1. Brady

2. Sanchez

3. Fitzpatrick
4. Henne

Sanchez was the second worst QB in the NFL in his rookie year. Last year, he was a bottom tier QB. With hyped receivers, Sanchez was 4th lowest in the league in yards per pass, ahead of Clausen, Anderson and Bradford (a rookie). With that same hyped receiving corps, he was 24th in TD%, 15th in INT%, and 29th in comp%. Take a look at the QBS he finished above in QB rating, for example:

Clausen
Anderson
Favre
Hasselbeck

None of them are expected to be back with their teams as starters this year. Sanchez finished behind Henne in QB rating, for goodness' sake.

WHIZA HAS ME QUOTED

BRIAN HOYER WILL GET US A 2ND ROUNDER BOOK IT.

i want Ryan as TFB's successor sign him LONG TERM

we can afford to use that cap space on him.

we have cheap ROOKIE TALENT

5 yr 50 mill w/ DRUG CLAUSES:)

why take a gamble on a college kid when u have a proven pro who has been learning from the BEST QB of this ERA?:confused:

round 2 EASY:cool::rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back