PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Agent: Lions agree to terms with McCown

Status
Not open for further replies.
broadwayjoe said:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5418048

Ok now if I'm correct This is three quarterbacks that I know of lately Jon Kitna, Shaun King, now Josh McCown I think Detroit likes mutilple receivers
and quarterbacks.
Harrington is gone...will be released...so they are taking a pick of 3...why not??? You figure..1 of 3 will be ok right??? Seems to me they need a new FO..but?? Maybe they will need to unload a WR..to ...the Pats??

Hmmm - seems to me that Harrington could be a good veteran backup if he sat back and learned a few lessons from Tom Brady on how to handle pressure.

I always felt that Harrington was set up to fail with crappy Lions teams and then couldn't handle all the blame that came his way - not that I followed him too closely - that's just my gut opinion... that the QB gets a lot of blame when the team itself sucks.

Again, gut feeling - he strikes me as a Tom Brady type QB who would "fit" into our system should Brady be injured. In that sense they would have 3 QBs on the team all very much in the same mold - which for me makes more sense than having someone like Flutie who is just a freak (though I mean that in a good way).

The next time we complain about a third or fourth round bust from a Pats draft, lets stop and think about the Lions releasing Harrington four years after they signed him as the third overall pick in the draft! Now that is a bust. That's the kind of draft pick squandering that kills a franchise.

Last edited:
Akili Smith, Ki-Jana Carter, David Klingler, Ryan Leaf...

Notice what team drafted 3 of these mega-turds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back