Welcome to PatsFans.com

After watching Bowl Games who would you draft?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by VJCPatriot, Jan 2, 2007.

1. PonyExpress

PonyExpress In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +25 / 3 / -0

a couple things on Poszlusny... I realize he has great character, but I watched him alot this year and I just didn't see a 1st rd player. Connor made more of an impact. I realize they switched to the 3-4, and Pz looked like he was thinking to much, taking bad steps and arriving late at the action pretty frequently. He looked tentative and outphysicaled by Michigan's O-line, for instance, not enough "sand in his pants"... I know he's improved since then, but usually when you watch a real 1st rd talent, they jump off the screen in college, they're that dynamic when compared to the lesser competition. Joe Thomas was rag-dolling the Arkansas D-line; Baker was stoning Biggs and Woodley; Jarett (who I don't like because of his attitude and his inconsistent effort) destroying the college cbs from Michigan. I was actually unimpressed with Adrian Petersen. He runs too upright, doesn't show alot of flexibilty in the hips, hipswivel that makes people miss. His vision was not great, he didn't show alot of creativity. But it was his first game in several months, so maybe that affected him...

2. upstater1

upstater1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +197 / 15 / -3

He was coming off a knee injury. Last year he was ten times better. Better than AJ Hawk.

3. Seneschal2

Seneschal2 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Here you go. He's one of only a handful of WR prospects who fit the Pats profile. It's still early yet, but I'd start to consider a WR at 1B, or a trade down from there. Waiting till our 2nd-rounder may be a little late for a quality WR. Practical reasoning for sure...

4. Steamer86

Steamer86 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

If redshirt soph WR Sidney Rice of South Carolina comes out this year - he is likely going to go late in first. Next year he will be a top 10. He is big, fast and has good hands. He is also a good kid. The Pats may want to look at him at 28.

5. Steamer86

Steamer86 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

At least it is Pats/Football related and not fueding.......

6. TeamPats

TeamPats On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I Love Paul, actually shared an Econ class with him, but I do recognize the fact that it did seem like Connor was quicker often this year. Now this does not take away anything from Poz but it does make you wonder if he is 1st round material. But the great thing about BB is that if we draft him then I know he will and can make it in our system. I now see myself on draft day more excited after the picks to research who we got then I am before the pick to speculate who I want because I know they'll always know best.

7. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +66 / 1 / -4

So I'm not the only one who is a little leery of Ginn? Guess it wasn't just my imagination after all.