PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

After watching Bowl Games who would you draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
a couple things on Poszlusny... I realize he has great character, but I watched him alot this year and I just didn't see a 1st rd player. Connor made more of an impact. I realize they switched to the 3-4, and Pz looked like he was thinking to much, taking bad steps and arriving late at the action pretty frequently. He looked tentative and outphysicaled by Michigan's O-line, for instance, not enough "sand in his pants"... I know he's improved since then, but usually when you watch a real 1st rd talent, they jump off the screen in college, they're that dynamic when compared to the lesser competition. Joe Thomas was rag-dolling the Arkansas D-line; Baker was stoning Biggs and Woodley; Jarett (who I don't like because of his attitude and his inconsistent effort) destroying the college cbs from Michigan. I was actually unimpressed with Adrian Petersen. He runs too upright, doesn't show alot of flexibilty in the hips, hipswivel that makes people miss. His vision was not great, he didn't show alot of creativity. But it was his first game in several months, so maybe that affected him...

a couple things on Poszlusny... I realize he has great character, but I watched him alot this year and I just didn't see a 1st rd player. Connor made more of an impact. I realize they switched to the 3-4, and Pz looked like he was thinking to much, taking bad steps and arriving late at the action pretty frequently. He looked tentative and outphysicaled by Michigan's O-line, for instance, not enough "sand in his pants"... I know he's improved since then, but usually when you watch a real 1st rd talent, they jump off the screen in college, they're that dynamic when compared to the lesser competition. Joe Thomas was rag-dolling the Arkansas D-line; Baker was stoning Biggs and Woodley; Jarett (who I don't like because of his attitude and his inconsistent effort) destroying the college cbs from Michigan. I was actually unimpressed with Adrian Petersen. He runs too upright, doesn't show alot of flexibilty in the hips, hipswivel that makes people miss. His vision was not great, he didn't show alot of creativity. But it was his first game in several months, so maybe that affected him...

He was coming off a knee injury. Last year he was ten times better. Better than AJ Hawk.

Gonzalez, on the other hand, does it all.

Here you go. He's one of only a handful of WR prospects who fit the Pats profile. It's still early yet, but I'd start to consider a WR at 1B, or a trade down from there. Waiting till our 2nd-rounder may be a little late for a quality WR. Practical reasoning for sure...

If redshirt soph WR Sidney Rice of South Carolina comes out this year - he is likely going to go late in first. Next year he will be a top 10. He is big, fast and has good hands. He is also a good kid. The Pats may want to look at him at 28.

He was coming off a knee injury. Last year he was ten times better. Better than AJ Hawk.

I Love Paul, actually shared an Econ class with him, but I do recognize the fact that it did seem like Connor was quicker often this year. Now this does not take away anything from Poz but it does make you wonder if he is 1st round material. But the great thing about BB is that if we draft him then I know he will and can make it in our system. I now see myself on draft day more excited after the picks to research who we got then I am before the pick to speculate who I want because I know they'll always know best.

So you think his showboating antics moved him near the top of the Pats draft board? VJC, quite frankly I'm disappointed...you're usually more astute than this.

Well I don't know how showboaty flipping a ball to another player is, but I'm sure he can outgrow it. The showboating is not what I like, it's the talent.

I agree we'll draft a WR, but doubt it'll be Ginn or Jarrett. The earliest we go WR may be 1B or R2. Just look at the value board. Our 1A pick may be one of the 6 CBs and 2 Safeties (if the juniors declare). I'm guessing we'll get a future starter from one of those DBs.

I think a future DB is definitely a 1st day pick. It depends on where the value is. But I also think it behooves the Pats to find a replacement for Branch. This is a noted weakness of the 2007 edition of the Pats. And if they win the SB this year it will be because they overcame it.

No, not at all...

Regardless Leon Hall probably doesn't drop out of the top 10 so it really doesn't affect our picks.

Throw in his inconsistent hands and below average route running and you're left with an exciting, athletic talent. How long do you think Brady's gonna wait for him to learn the offense? :eek:

So I'm not the only one who is a little leery of Ginn? Guess it wasn't just my imagination after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes