PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

After todays game...Ocho cinco, keep him or cut him?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What to do with Ocho.

• Keep Him

Votes: 107 58.8%
  • Cut Him

Votes: 43 23.6%
  • Trade Him

Votes: 32 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
With Ocho's absolutely awful performance so far, with no improvement, he projects to 24 catches for 523 yards. In 2010, Tate had 24 catches for 432 yards.

Even with no improvement, we have lost nothing. If Ocho improves, we will be better off. If not, we will break even.

Eh. I'm alright with that.

If the Pats really wanted to get rid of Chad they would have made a huge offer to get Lloyd or Royal.

One Lloyd was gone today that possibility ended.

Chad will be here at least until next summer.

Haven't had the chance to read the thread but I don't see any point in getting rid of him now, they gain nothing and he could contribute down the road. He's clearly a disappointment at this time but they can't get anything in a trade and cutting him without a replacement makes no sense.

Slater is a stiff who can't hold onto the football. Price is a guy who's shown nothing. It's Johnson or Lloyd.

Agreed. Price did not just join the Pats. Neither did Slater. People conveniently forget, in offering the Brady argument, that he had worked his way up the depth chart in order to take over when he did. He was not the #4 QB when Bledsoe went down. These guys are not at the bottom of the depth chart because BB is trying to increase the value of his Chad Johnson football card collection. If they impress him in practice and preseason, they play. If not, they stay at the bottom of the depth chart. I submit they are the emergency reserve for a reason that has nothing to do with the contract value of other receivers.

If Ochostinko is not cutting it, trade for Lloyd so that we can start a new "cut Lloyd" thread in lieu of this one if/when he cannot pick the complex offense up. The "give the other guys a chance" argument assumes fans see something in Slater and Price that BB doesn't see in practice every day.

As Lloyd is now apparently off the table, you can substitute in whatever other name may currently be on the market, if any.

Last edited:
Yesterday after the game winning TD Brady was on the bench and players were coming by celebrating and congratulating Tom. Chad came by and it was like a mandatory congratulations kind of scene - looked to me like he felt obligated. Chad is not happy which I think will factor in going forward. If he is not a malcontent yet he is damn close to it.

Or he could just be frustrated at himself and doesn't feel like he helped with the win.

Yesterday after the game winning TD Brady was on the bench and players were coming by celebrating and congratulating Tom. Chad came by and it was like a mandatory congratulations kind of scene - looked to me like he felt obligated. Chad is not happy which I think will factor in going forward. If he is not a malcontent yet he is damn close to it.
He isnt even good enough to be in the league at this point, let alone good enough to be a destructive malcontent. He sucks in every single possible way that one can suck. P4P he is the worst WR in this division. if he starts crying about ****, other guys would laugh him off like a kicker. He has ZERO clout.

Last edited:
Chad = last years Randy Moss

Chad = last years Randy Moss

Moss with the Pats & Vikes= NOPE. Moss had 313 yards & 5 TD's in 8 games.

You would take that in a heartbeat from Chad.

With the Titans= Agreed.

He doesn't even compare to Moss' worst year!

Last edited:
moss with the pats & vikes= nope. Moss had 313 yards & 5 td's in 8 games.

You would take that in a heartbeat from chad.

With the titans= agreed.

He doesn't even compare to moss' worst year!

:goodposting:

heres what belichick said on WEEI this morning

"What we're expecting to do is to win. It's to go out there and move the ball and score points. I feel like we're doing a pretty good job of that, so if we can produce offensively as a team, and everybody's doing their job, which involves a lot of different things, then that's good. If we're not, then we're going to try to do it better. We're going to try to do it better anyway. … It's how we function as a team.

"If guys are doing their job, they're going to play more, they're going to get more opportunities, they're going to be on the field. If they're not, then somebody else will probably be doing it instead of them."

Ochocinco was on the field for only seven offensive snaps Sunday and did not have a catch.

"Some of that is game-plan related," Belichick said. "It's not the number of snaps, it's the amount of production with the opportunities. Obviously, players that only get so many opportunities are going to have few opportunities to have the production of other players. The important thing is when they do get those opportunities, that they make the most of them in whatever their job, whatever their assignment is on that particular play. That's really how I look at it."

from these comments and Ocho's lack of snaps last game, I wouldnt be surprised to see the pats increase snaps for Edelman/Taylor Price after the bye week if Ocho is still useless

With Ocho's absolutely awful performance so far, with no improvement, he projects to 24 catches for 523 yards. In 2010, Tate had 24 catches for 432 yards.

Even with no improvement, we have lost nothing. If Ocho improves, we will be better off. If not, we will break even.

With that kind of offensive production, I would rather have Tate who excels as a KR (and I like at that particular position more than Edelman).

Having said that, I think Chad Johnson will play better than his current projection and by season's end we'll look back and laugh at all the talk of cutting him loose. Part wishful thinking, part thinking that he's just too good to keep at this sluggish pace.

why all the hate for Ocho the guy he replaced ( Brandon Tate ) has 0 rec this year and the guy everyone wants to replace him ( Taylor Price ) is not good a nuff to be on the field for more then 5 snaps a game, i understand Ocho is not playing Good but he's going to be 34 in three months he will never be the same WR he was 4 years ago but he's still better then Edelman Price and Slater so why cut him

OC Bill O'Brien gave Chad Ochocinco the dreaded vote of confidence yesterday.

My guess is that he goes to Chicago with John Lackey as part of the Theo Epstein compensation package.

lozadatees.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back