PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

After today... This looks like a 9-7 team as of today..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: After today... Still a 9-7 team..

I still am not crazy about the lack of change in the RB area to this point

I would like the running game to be a big part of the offense and keep Brady from having to win the game or getting killed in the pocket.

Those 30 years olds running the ball are not getting any younger and Maroney has another team next year.

If the draft was anything negative,it was not getting a nice young RB to gain a spot in the rebuilding process that is coming in 2011 in that area.

Last edited:

Maybe we will be 9-7 next year, we do have what looks like a very very tough schedule to contend with.

You cannot be the overwhelming favorite to win the Superbowl every year. Some fans have been spoiled by the amazing success the Pats have had, and I for one hope the band wagon crowd jumps off if we another down year.

But think about 2-3 years down the road, the Pats are laying the foundation for the next decade. If our draft turns out to be as good as it looks right now we are going to be a great team in the future.

I understand where you're coming from Sean and I see what you're thinking is in terms of "NFL ready talent on the roster now" (although i don't entirely agree with your sentiment I'm not gonna jump down your throat!)

If you were to ask me to project (on April 24th) how the 2010 season would go, I'd venture to guess we'd be a lot stronger team from November on and have a better finish than a start. I'd see the Pats playing more like the 01 team rather than the world beaters than 03 and 04....because of the youth/rookies. Would you be willing to buy that thinking?

This is one of the more bizarre threads to wake up too. The Patriots could have easily been 13-3 as they could have been 7-9 last season. Meh.

Yeah, and British people had better teeth they'd be more attractive, but they don't, what's your point?

**** you.

(I couldn't find a polite way to make this post. So I didn't bother.)

We were a fumble or a great comback by Brady in week 1 from being a 9-7 team this past year...

they were also 3 plays away from going 13-3 (Broncos, Colts, Dolphins)

This thread is the water never made it into the glass to begin with thread.

Icy...i may need a drink or 2 to digest that one!!!!!! NICE!

**** you.

(I couldn't find a polite way to make this post. So I didn't bother.)

Don't think anyone would blame you for that reply either...you were easy on him frankly :cool:

The OLB spot will either be Damione Lewis, who is decent, and/or Jermaine Cunningham. Spikes will take over at ILB. At LB, we will have
Lewis/CUnningham -Spikes-Mayo-Thomas/Crable.

Excuse me... what?

Damione Lewis is a 300lb defensive tackle.

While we're at it, let's see if Ron Brace can play rush linebacker.

Yeah, and British people had better teeth they'd be more attractive, but they don't, what's your point?

If this team is still prone to melting down in late in the game then we're not that good of a team.

And if you weren't a 6 toed hillbilly who'd f*cked his sister, you'd be intelligent, but you're not, so what's your point?

Really, this site gets worse and worse.

If you believe that Moss, Holt and Edelman in the slot is a position of question mark, then there is no point having a discussion.

The future looks bright, but the team is still lacking some weapons to be a threat in the AFC in 2010...

Right now we might be the 5th or 6th best team..

Baltimore, NYJ, Miami, SD and Indy, are light years better than the us, wheather you like to admit or not...

Yes we have Brady, and Belichick but there are still some questions...

OLB- is a huge question mark... , RB who is the back??? and yes WR is a issue..

Why is WR a issue - what will Randy Moss be??? how long is Welker out?? is Holt the next Gaffney or Galloway???, Edleman and Tate ,espically Tate is a huge question mark at best... Cant expect Pryce or Patten to be the awnser...

OLB starters right now are TBC, Nikovitch and Woods... Dont tell me Cunningham will be the starting OLB week 1... He is a year away yet...

As a AFC fav, its the ravens, and we have a chance in the divison, but there are too many questions and key spots to say we are a super bowl or even a playoff team right now...

DUDE - take your negativity and climb back under whatever rock you were hiding last season.. Seriously DUDE. You making that prediction is so friggin asinine.

BTW, if you're going to throw out your idiotic excuse for the win at Buffalo, why not also mention the BS call against the Pats during the Colts Game.. That's call gave the game to the Colts.. So, I could say the Pats should have been 11-5 last year. It's just as asinine as what you're saying.. Which is why I don't.

You blaming the refs, is idiotic... But Im being a realist... will i be upset that we go 14-2.. Hell no... I just see the Ravens , Jets and Dolphins.. who we all lost to once each, get better.. We stayed pretty much status quo.. I dont see this team as it stands right now on April 24th being a real super bowl contenter , which in Tom Brady and Randy Moss's prime this should be one... but I understand what direction the team is going.. The first pick of the draft was not something this 2010 team needed, Jerry Hughes or even Odrick from PSU, who I cant stand would have filled a huge need..Mccordy will fill a need maybee in 2012...

Re: After today... Still a 9-7 team...

Don't overlook the "Zoltan" factor..........................

We are a LOCK to win the AFC east again and be in the hunt for the SB!

Once again I am dismayed at not being able to rate a thread that is so bad it does not deserve the one-star minimum. The idea behind this thread is so stupid it sets a new low standard, a record that lasted only long enough for SNAKE EYES to post.

What are we going to de when June rolls around?

If you believe that Moss, Holt and Edelman in the slot is a position of question mark, then there is no point having a discussion.

What type of player or person will Moss be- 2007 or late 2009???

The Julian Edleman love is a little out of hand, he is a qb turned into a wr, who had a few bright spots, including the playoff game which he was the only who showed up... ,but I need to see more this year before im sold...

torry holt i was excited about joey galloway the same way your excited about Holt, how did that turn out... And until I see Brandon tate for more than 1 game he is not the awnser yet.. So yes WR is still a question mark...

Once again I am dismayed at not being able to rate a thread that is so bad it does not deserve the one-star minimum. The idea behind this thread is so stupid it sets a new low standard, a record that lasted only long enough for SNAKE EYES to post.

What are we going to de when June rolls around?

Sorry Im not a homer like you are, but again will I be upset at 11-5 , no, but I cant see it from this team right now...

The future looks bright, but the team is still lacking some weapons to be a threat in the AFC in 2010...

Baltimore, NYJ, Miami, SD and Indy, are light years better than the us, wheather you like to admit or not...

Why is WR a issue - what will Randy Moss be??? how long is Welker out?? is Holt the next Gaffney or Galloway???, Edleman and Tate ,espically Tate is a huge question mark at best... Cant expect Pryce or Patten to be the awnser...

OLB starters right now are TBC, Nikovitch and Woods... Dont tell me Cunningham will be the starting OLB week 1... He is a year away yet...

As a AFC fav, its the ravens, and we have a chance in the divison, but there are too many questions and key spots to say we are a super bowl or even a playoff team right now...

No doubt everyone's going to flame you as there's no more opitimistic day for many fans than the day following the draft....

But I think your point is still well taken... as of now (and there are still many trades and cuts/pickups yet to happen) we have a situation where the Patriots can be looked to as underdogs.

That's not a bad thing in helping this team get "tough" again.

But the reality is that the AFC East schedule is no longer a slam dunk 6-0 for the Pats.

Splitting those games and going 3-3 wouldn't be surprising.

Nor would going 3-4 among games against the Ravens, Bengals, Chargers, Steelers, Vikings, Colts and Packers.

So assuming the Patriots win their other very winable games against the Bears, Lions and Browns (and no one should assume anything) that would be 9-7

The fact is the Pats have a killer schedule ahead of them. As with the SB season in 2001, this season will be about peaking during the playoffs, not the regular season, with health and quality depth making the difference down the road.

I can see this team being a 9-7 team that comes together like the 2001 squad to win the SB.

No doubt everyone's going to flame you as there's no more opitimistic day for many fans than the day following the draft....

But I think your point is still well taken... as of now (and there are still many trades and cuts/pickups yet to happen) we have a situation where the Patriots can be looked to as underdogs.

That's not a bad thing in helping this team get "tough" again.

But the reality is that the AFC East schedule is no longer a slam dunk 6-0 for the Pats.

Splitting those games and going 3-3 wouldn't be surprising.

Nor would going 3-4 among games against the Ravens, Bengals, Chargers, Steelers, Vikings, Colts and Packers.

So assuming the Patriots win their other very winable games against the Bears, Lions and Browns (and no one should assume anything) that would be 9-7

The fact is the Pats have a killer schedule ahead of them. As with the SB season in 2001, this season will be about peaking during the playoffs, not the regular season, with health and quality depth making the difference down the road.

I can see this team being a 9-7 team that comes together like the 2001 squad to win the SB.

Thank you..

Re: After today... Still a 9-7 team...

Remember last year, the Saints had TOO many question marks, especially on defense(and they lost their Pro Bowl LT Jamaal Brown before the start of the year). The Cowboys had even more, especially at receiver at LB. The Giants were supposed to win the NFCE, and easily. The Niners were supposed to finally get over the hump and make noise in the playoffs.

Don't sweat it - the Pats will continue to be contenders - BTW, stay away from the television, it's the biggest mind control manipulator, EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back