PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

After this season can we finnally end the debate on who is the better QB?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Is the debate over?

• Absolutely, Eli is head and shoulders better than Peyton.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Too early to tell Peyton still has time to redeem himself.

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
After each being in the league four years:

Peyton managed to lead his team to the post season twice going one and done, each time. Post season record 0-2

Eli on the other hand lead his team to the post season three time, winning the super bowl on the third time with a post season record of 4-2.

Also after four years Peyton leds Eli in ints 81 to 64.

umm...

as a Patriots fan, the Colts annoy me.

But you can't deny that Eli Manning benefitted from having better teammates and that Peyton is the second best QB in the league after Tom Brady.

Eli's postseason might be the beginning of a great career, or it might be a fluke ala Ben Rothlessberger. Too early to say...

Might be a fluke a la Roethlisberger? Huh?

Roethlisberger had an excellent year this year (and is younger than Manning, if you'll remember), after a disappointing year in '06 which can be explained by many fators. He's a clear step behind Brady and Manning, but there aren't many more QBs in the league you'd rather build a team around.

Last edited:
umm...

as a Patriots fan, the Colts annoy me.

But you can't deny that Eli Manning benefitted from having better teammates and that Peyton is the second best QB in the league after Tom Brady.

Eli's postseason might be the beginning of a great career, or it might be a fluke ala Ben Rothlessberger. Too early to say...

Where do you get that from?

Winning is a team effort... Once Peyton got a Defense he had success... If the Giants Defense doesn't play lights out on Sunday they don't have a chance...

To even suggest that Eli is in Peyton's league as of now is absurd...

Where do you get that from?

The first post was only focused on the postseason. Eli had a defense playing monstrously well in the postseason, and a great O-line, Manning had neither by the end of the year, despit the defense's rating they were a fraud without Freeny.

Peyton does have a historical tendency to choke like a dog in the playoffs, and I love pointing this out as a Patriots fans. he needs like 31 straight playoff wins or something to match Brady's playoff winning percentage, and 15 or so TDs with no INTs top match TB's playoff TD/INT ratio.

I'm not ready to annoit a QB as the second coming who in the regular season puts up a 73 QB rating for the year, with 23 TDs and 20 INTs.

He got hot in the playoffs. He may be coming out, but he may have just produced over his head for awhile.

Last edited:
Funny, I really want to hate Eli. He's a Manning and his little draft day stunt sucks, but I have to give it up for the kid. I didn't know he had it in him. He did something his brother has never done, won the big one without the help of the refs, rule changes etc.....he didn't choke, Peyton always does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes