PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

After scoring the TD with 1 second left...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorkshire Patriot

On the Roster
Reaction score
Did anyone else want us to go for the 2 pt conversion? I wonder if Belichick and McDaniels even considered it. BB certainly sounded gloomier than normal in the after game press conference on patriots.com.

EDIT Sorry for repeating an old thread guys, didnt see the one before - my apologies

Last edited:
in such an important game i dont think you can i think u play for overtime and hope for the best. since the two point convo was reinstated something like 45 percent conversion rate... got a better chance with the coin flip

we should make a poll and ask people if they would go for 2...oh wait.

Ah, I just hate how so much is based on a coin flip. I think you go for 2. We had all the momentum and were 2 yards away from winning.

This has been covered already. And no.

I dunno why don't you check the THREAD RIGHT BELOW YOU

Can someone flip a coin for me?

Tails I read this thread on going for 2. Heads I read the other one.

Last edited:
After scoring the TD with 1 second left, they promptly proceeded to RIP MY HEART out, for the third time this year (Indy game & the big one of course - SB)!!!

Oh how I long for the long-begone days of the first half of this decade.....

Man, we need another SB win before this decade ends.....

After scoring the TD with 1 second left, they promptly proceeded to RIP MY HEART out, for the third time this year (Indy game & the big one of course - SB)!!!

Oh how I long for the long-begone days of the first half of this decade.....

Man, we need another SB win before this decade ends.....
We've become spoiled 'sand. Remember the days of yesteryear when we hung on every play if it meant going 8-8 or even if we dared dream the playoffs. Wow if we could make the playoffs that would be special. Now we all expect to make the playoffs. And if we don't win a SB its a lost season for many.

We've become spoiled 'sand. Remember the days of yesteryear when we hung on every play if it meant going 8-8 or even if we dared dream the playoffs. Wow if we could make the playoffs that would be special. Now we all expect to make the playoffs. And if we don't win a SB its a lost season for many.

yep...
even now the playoffs aren't enough. It's superbowl or bust..
but hey, they are a great franchise that we have come to expect great things from.

Go Pats!

Ah, I just hate how so much is based on a coin flip. I think you go for 2. We had all the momentum and were 2 yards away from winning.
Having Kris Jenkins in the middle makes that 2 yards a hell of a lot longer normal

BB said on weei that they talked about going for two but they had already used their best two point play and the choice was to run it again (not likely to work twice) or run a play they were'nt as confident in.
Not stopping them on 3 and 15 in OT was the killer. They had them right where they wanted them.

They had already used their best 2-point play? How many do they have? 2? That tells me that they need to think of more 2-point plays.

Here's one: it's the play Brady used - but not as a 2-pointer - against Jax in the POs last season. Fake the direct-snap to Faulk; QB flails one of his arms, drifts to the side; then finds the TE or TE-eligible just inside the EZ, or Moss in the back of it.

The NEP positively, absolutely should have gone for the game-ending (for better or worse) 2-pointer. I would rather trust Cassel & Co. to gain 2 yards than this old, exhausted defense - with no quality depth, or competant DC - to make 2 3-and-outs in a row. You play...to win...the game. Hello?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back