PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

After recent SB win, will any veterans chasing a ring give us a discount like Rodney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupofjoe1962

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I loved when Rodney Harrison joined the Patriots after becoming a cap casualty in San Diego.

Rodney & home grown Bruschi were never known for chasing every last dime.

Guys who did leave, like Ty Law regret leaving.

The Patriots have a team that has a great chance to get back to the Super Bowl next year, and I am wondering if we can get a veteran or two to give us a discount in their chase for a ring.

A guy like Andre Johnson may be a cap casualty. Not sure if he would give us a discount, but I would not be surprised to see us get a veteran or two on a cap friendly deal.

It's very possible and certainly happens, we actually lost out on a good vet chasing a ring last year, Kevin Williams.

GB, SEA, and NE will probably see a few older guys take a little less than they're probably worth this season in hopes of getting their ring.

Did Ty ever actually say that? I know he made bank elsewhere but good chance he could have gotten us one more. He still owned Peyton with the Chiefs in 06, maybe it would have been enough to beat the Colts.

Hopefully someone does, it would be nice but I have a hard time seeing it

if your talking a bout a 32 year old pass rusher who could still get 9 million or so on the market no but if we are talking a bout a guy coming off a subpar year who only has 2 or 3 teams looking at him anyways yes

if your talking a bout a 32 year old pass rusher who could still get 9 million or so on the market no but if we are talking a bout a guy coming off a subpar year who only has 2 or 3 teams looking at him anyways yes

Since Rodney, who did it was more than a role player on arrival (e.g. Seau)? Revis for sure. But who else?

Ochocinco tried to be an example, but it didn't quite work out.

Did Ty ever actually say that? I know he made bank elsewhere but good chance he could have gotten us one more. He still owned Peyton with the Chiefs in 06, maybe it would have been enough to beat the Colts.

He came pretty damn close.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england...64/ty-law-on-what-hed-do-different-as-patriot

"But you know, and I think I've said this early in my career, I would have loved to start and finish my career with the Patriots. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. But if I had to do it all over again, I would have made more effort to stay a Patriot."

The talk today in Phoenix was that many here believe Fitzgerald is gonna sign with the Pats. That could be pretty epic.

In todays NFL..i have a hard time seeing it

Eli Manning as Jimmy G's back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back