PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

After one series, play the scrubs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I see no reason to risk injury. The team is ready. Perhaps guys like Mills and Thomas can get some reps, but the starters and key backups shouldn't be out there.

To look at it another way. There is only ONE thing I want to see in the last pre-season game, NO INJURIES!

There are roster decisions to be made, but the 4th preseason game won't make much difference.

I'm 99% sure that the starters don't play at all in the 4th game. Maybe the rookies will see time. I'd put money on it that Brady, Seymour, Harrison, Dillon and many others never leave the sidelines.

I think that that last year theer were about 20 guys who didn't even dress for the game. They just stood and watched from the sideline with their jerseys over their street clothes.

I would expect the same this year.

I'm not sure that none of the starters won't play.

I remember BB saying the last couple of years, because of the Thursday opener, they essentially had 3 preseason games. This year, they'll have 4.

Last edited:
I would say play Brady none at all, Cassell two series, and let whichever Bramlett is on our roster take the rest of the snaps. I can't believe that outside of a couple of kneeldowns, neither Bramlett nor Mortenson played in 2/3 exhibition games.

pats1 said:
I'm not sure that none of the starters won't play.

I remember BB saying the last couple of years, because of the Thursday opener, they essentially had 3 preseason games. This year, they'll have 4.

Yep. I've read/heard this, as well. Belichick has differentiated between this year's slate of games and those of the last few years. This year the 4th pre-season game is a bit more meaningful. The fact that it's really early - a Thursday game - only increases the odds that the starters will not sit out the whole game.

That said, I agree that they shouldn't play much and that coming out of the game with NO INJURIES is the most important thing.

Matt tends to take a licking when he's in there
and we don't want our only backup hurt.
But he has the special factor of such scanty game experience.

So i expect to see him even begin the second half - for one series.
Thereafter make it a Bramlet audition.

Well, I think it could depend. If something happens with a new reciever added to the mix, then Tom would stay out a series or two.

Otherwise, rest Tom, give Seymour and Harrison a couple of series, give Jr a quarter, then sit the ones and let the 2 and threes fight for a roster spots.

dryheat44 said:
let whichever Bramlett is on our roster take the rest of the snaps.

:) I lose track of them too.

I have a sneaking suspicion that we'll all be screaming at the tv as Brady and Co. head onto the field at the start of the 2nd quarter. Hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back