PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

After McCourty, Who Gets The Reps At Safety?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what if bill just does safety by commission? split the snaps up depending on the gameplan? if you are facing a run heavy attack, you play someone like Chung. if more pass heavy, play someone like Ryan or arrington

I concur with BradyFTW: ABC (anyone but Chung).

This team only has one safety, and he's a converted cornerback. Does anyone have Don Davis' number? They might as well pair off with a converted linebacker.

buc80.jpg

If we are right that nobody has emerged from the pack at S2, then maybe they will continue a rotation until somebody does. Bill hinted as much when queried about the OL this morning.

"We don't have anyone who can play safety (aside from McCourty), so we'll use all of them." o_O

"We don't have anyone who can play safety (aside from McCourty), so we'll use all of them." o_O
Technically, just because they are all similar doesn't mean they are all bad (though I Deus would point out that with Chung as an anchor they are indeed all bad). It is possible that Bill has selected Arrington as the regular S2, and we just haven't figure it out. One of the reasons the opening game is so interesting.

No, it's because they are all bad that they are all bad.
If you can remember, I had S2 as my top need going into the draft, as I showed with my love fest over Pryor and Bucannon. This is the reason why. That's why I think they'll have to move a corner there sooner or later. Whether that's Ryan (my pick when Browner gets back) or Arrington is up for debate.

If you can remember, I had S2 as my top need going into the draft, as I showed with my love fest over Pryor and Bucannon. This is the reason why. That's why I think they'll have to move a corner there sooner or later. Whether that's Ryan (my pick when Browner gets back) or Arrington is up for debate.

I never disagreed about the need, though I didn't see Pryor or Bucannon as being as good as Easley. Rumors were that the Pats were very high on Bucannon, and it's possible they had him rated up with Easley at the top of their board, but we'll never know for sure.

Cody Prewitt or Shaq Thompson would be nice additions in 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes