PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

After Listening To Bill Belichick on WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets say the Browns lose a few more and Romeo turns towards "building for the future." He obviously needs to get Quinn on the field.

Derek Anderson is a fringe pro-bowler. The team is built for now. Look at Vrabel and Harrison and Light and even Seymour(sorry). On the downslope of their careers. Win this year and worry about next year next year.

Of course, if this dream scenario ever played out, I am sure Polian would scream 'collusion'.

Yeah, especially since the Browns just gave Anderson $13M in guaranteed money.

Yeah, especially since the Browns just gave Anderson $13M in guaranteed money.

I actually didn't know that. Don't want to hijack this thread but why the heck would they do that? They are going to pull a Aaron Rogers with Brady Quinn?

Huard is the Chiefs' starting QB while Croyle is injured. Even if the Patriots were interested, I doubt Huard would be available.

Simms was the best option of the F A out there IMO

agree with you here sean...this kid is bright and could come in and learn the offense.....wish they would have taken a shot at him.....

Last edited:
agree with you here sean...this kid is bright and could come in and learn the offense.....wish they would have taken a shot at him.....

You may see Simms here yet. I'm thinking BB might try to get to the week 4 bye without adding a new QB. This gives him a clear view of what Cassel can do without the pressue of an experienced QB standing over his shoulder. If Cassel comes out and plays well, BB can sign a Guttierez type strictly as an emergency back-up. If Cassel doesn't play well, he goes after a more experienced QB who could assume the #1 position and would have 2 weeks to absorb the playbook.

You may see Simms here yet. I'm thinking BB might try to get to the week 4 bye without adding a new QB. This gives him a clear view of what Cassel can do without the pressue of an experienced QB standing over his shoulder. If Cassel comes out and plays well, BB can sign a Guttierez type strictly as an emergency back-up. If Cassel doesn't play well, he goes after a more experienced QB who could assume the #1 position and would have 2 weeks to absorb the playbook.

Simms has no experience except in Gruden's west coast offense (in which he struggled to even learn the terminology for a couple of seasons...) within which Chucky calls the play and you aren't paid to think....

What possesses people to assume guys who can't get a roster spot anywhere or hang on to one behind a draft bust or injury prone jag starter could be a #1 here...

On this team with this coaching staff give me a blank slate anyday over an abject failure...

Simms has no experience except in Gruden's west coast offense (in which he struggled to even learn the terminology for a couple of seasons...) within which Chucky calls the play and you aren't paid to think....

What possesses people to assume guys who can't get a roster spot anywhere or hang on to one behind a draft bust or injury prone jag starter could be a #1 here...

On this team with this coaching staff give me a blank slate anyday over an abject failure...

Mo, I agree completely. I've asked people here, a few times, why they think Simms is so good? No one seems to want to answer that. They only want to say Cassel sucks, and offer no explanation as to why they think that too :confused:

Michael Bishop!!!

[ducks and runs for cover]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes