PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

After Brady who is second on your list of a player who must stay healthy & play well

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Behind Brady who is the player who must stay healthy and play well

• Ellis Hobbs

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Matt Light

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Lawrence Maroney

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Chris Hanson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steven Gostkowski

• Any of the rookies (mention who)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adalius Thomas

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Logan Mankins

• Randy Moss

Votes: 25 35.7%
  • Other player (mention who)

Votes: 24 34.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: After Brady who is second on your list of a player who must stay healthy & play w

Wilfork, not a lot of depth behind him and IMHO he makes the D line.

Re: After Brady who is second on your list of a player who must stay healthy & play w

Most definitely Wilfork. After Brady, the FO should pay him his market value when his contract is up. If he was to go down then we would see this defense exposed like never before. He is the cork in the middle of the field and allows the linebackers to be more flexible in mid-field coverage.

I chose Seymour because he is a key part to the d-line, he has been down the last couple of years from injury, and he can really help the CB's if healthy by putting pressure on the opposing teams QB

8 specific players are mentioned. Two are Hanson and Gostowski. None are Wilfork. What is wrong with this?

8 specific players are mentioned. Two are Hanson and Gostowski. None are Wilfork. What is wrong with this?

Not enough sleep before posting the poll :eek:

I chose Seymour because he is a key part to the d-line, he has been down the last couple of years from injury, and he can really help the CB's if healthy by putting pressure on the opposing teams QB

Agreed......RS is crucial.

Matt Light

Can't believe you didn't include Wilfork by name in the poll. He is number 2 behind Brady and no one else is close. He goes down for an extended period, the linebackers get abused, the run defense goes to poop, and the team is looking at 10 wins instead of 14, maybe worse.

Can't believe you didn't include Wilfork by name in the poll. He is number 2 behind Brady and no one else is close. He goes down for an extended period, the linebackers get abused, the run defense goes to poop, and the team is looking at 10 wins instead of 14, maybe worse.

Well it was not exactly the same team as it is now but in 2006 Vince was out for the final 3 regular season games and NE won all 3

Not saying that means anything but NE did win those games without the big man -
Can they do that again this year if Vince was hurt? - Probably not but just an FYI

Vince Wilfork. You need a perennial pro-bowler at nose tackle to have a good 3-4 defense. What do all the good 3-4 systems in the league have? A good nose tackle. And the bad ones? Well, they don't have one. It makes a big difference because the NT opens everything up for the rest of the front seven.

I hate to sound redundant but I gotta cast my vote for Wilfork as well. I once saw a great quote about Wilfork on another Patriots site: "If Wilfork goes down, the defense will fold up like a cheap suitcase." Very true.

The loss of any of these will have a significant impact, Wilfork, Bruschi, Vrabel, Seymour, Light, Koppen, Mankins... to say one if one would be loss is more significant is difficult.

c'mon...Randy Moss...jeezus

moss for sure, not only is he tom bradys best target but he stretches the field and makes life easier for the other WRs.

I didn't mean that as any shot at the other vital Patriots players, but let's be honest...Randy Moss with his head screwed on straight is THE best WR in the NFL and MADE TB's job a helluva lot easier than it's ever been...I'd put Welker 2nd in that equation and I'd even go as far as to say the BIGGEST injury, offensively last season was Sammy Morris...remember, if Bugeyes makes that candy catch against Indy, the Pats play in the Bowl against Seattle.

Football is so team orientated it's difficult. For me Welker springs to mind to keep the offence ticking with or without Brady, getting those short yardage plays but also Wes tends to sip on the YAC. Then again would Welker get so open without some dude, Moss I think his name is, who also has a tendancy to be one of the best recievers ever. The O'Line, would Brady be as comfortable without the likes of Koppen, Light or Mankins. Then you look at lineman on the D and you look at the impact Wilfork and Warren have, big Sey hasn't been himself for a while now but when he's on song he's also one of the best and also versatile ends in football.

Very, very difficult question so I'm enjoying the fence :D

Other: Wilfork.

He's the main cog in that line the last couple years, and we're going to NEED to control the LOS to stay effective on D.

Lot of choices, I voted for Moss, only for the simple fact teams will not respect the other WR, and that includes welker who will be double teamed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back