PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFL 50th Anniversary info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those Bronco uniforms have to be among the ugliest in the history of sports.

Those Bronco uniforms have to be among the ugliest in the history of sports.

I wonder if they're going to include the infamous vertically-striped socks? :D

Seriously though, I can't see why the Broncos wouldn't go with their mid-'60s outfit instead (like they wore for the '94 throwback games). Those were ugly too but not near as ugly as the ones they're going to use this time. Ugh.

coaches_group_090321_SWIDE.jpg

R Michael Zilz / National Football League
Whats that Cutler plays for the Browns now I must have missed that trade :D

Last edited:
I don't think I've seen that Raiders logo before. It'll be weird seeing the Chiefs with that Texas sticker on the helmet as well.

I don't think I've seen that Raiders logo before. It'll be weird seeing the Chiefs with that Texas sticker on the helmet as well.

Yeah, they only wore that in '63, the first year Al Davis was there. It was his idea to have them put a logo on the helmet in the first place; before that they just had blank helmets. They modified it for '64 and have worn that one ever since, which is why they pretty much have to wear the '63 whenever they do throwbacks (like in '94), their unis haven't changed since 1964.

Whats that Cutler plays for the Browns now I must have missed that trade :D

I like the picture.

I would have titled it: A Billionaire and a bunch of other dudes.

it will be nice to see also the old Houston Oilers uniforms/helmet

I find it funny how all the people are coaches, but then u see Robert Kraft on the end. lol

Pffft, look at Skeletor, even when holding up a jersey he shows no emotion.

So are the Patriots only wearing those white uniforms? Or is there a red one also?

i did not remembered either that Oakland logo on the helmet and also those Denver throwbacks

I find it funny how all the people are coaches, but then u see Robert Kraft on the end. lol
It makes the most sense of any of them though - Bob was there at the beginning, dreaming of owning the team. Bill was helping Navy breakdown film.

Anyone know when these will be on sale? Hopefully they make them authenic style as well as replica. I can't find any autheninc throwback red jerseys anywhere!

I see that Houston Antwine isn't dead. Might be nice to invite the All time AFL team, including Buoniconti and Antwine.

Might be nicer to induct Antwine into the Patriots Hall of Fame while he's alive. Just saying.

So are the Patriots only wearing those white uniforms? Or is there a red one also?

Possibly. The NFL.com article doesn't have a definite answer. If you look at the table where it shows which legacy uniforms the teams are wearing, under the Pats it only says, "White helmet featuring the original Patriots logo." Nothing is said about the jerseys like how there is for other teams. And if you look at Tennessee and Denver in the picture, the coaches are holding up white away jerseys but the descriptions at the bottom of the article talk about completely different jerseys.

I see that Houston Antwine isn't dead. Might be nice to invite the All time AFL team, including Buoniconti and Antwine.

Might be nicer to induct Antwine into the Patriots Hall of Fame while he's alive. Just saying.

I remember the "twine" along with Bob Dee and the late great Jim Lee Hunt as awesome DL's, especially during that first Fenway season on 1963. That was the year they beat Buffalo at Fenway to force a playoff the next week in Buffalo to see would face SD. Patriots won the playoff, but lost to a great Sid Gillman coached San Diego team.

I believe NFL Films came out with a 30 minute highlight film of that season entitled "Champions without a Crown" which was later released on VHS (as soon as VHS technology was invented in the mid '70's that is).

I remember the "twine" along with Bob Dee and the late great Jim Lee Hunt as awesome DL's, especially during that first Fenway season on 1963. That was the year they beat Buffalo at Fenway to force a playoff the next week in Buffalo to see would face SD. Patriots won the playoff, but lost to a great Sid Gillman coached San Diego team.

I believe NFL Films came out with a 30 minute highlight film of that season entitled "Champions without a Crown" which was later released on VHS (as soon as VHS technology was invented in the mid '70's that is).

Really? That's intersting (the tape). Don't forget Larry Eisenhauer, they had a great four man line.

I don't know if they were competitive with the other great four man lines in the NFL, but they were certainly a top one in the AFL. that was the day of the great 4 man lines, with Deacon Jones and Grier and Olsen, the fearsome foursome of the Rams, the Purple People eaters with Page Eller and Marshall and more.

What sucks about Antwines situation is two of his linemates are in the Pats hall and even have their numbers retired. He was the best one. He was voted the all time MVP by fans in 1971 and is the starting tackle on the all time AFL team.

Of well, I'd still like to see them rectify the mistake while he's alive. I understand their wasn't a lot of thought given to the original Hall that got passed on to Kraft, due to team turmoil.

It makes the most sense of any of them though - Bob was there at the beginning, dreaming of owning the team. Bill was helping Navy breakdown film.

...and Bill has better things to do as he was probably still breaking down film when that photo was shot. Not Navy film....but draft day film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes