Welcome to PatsFans.com

Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Leave No Doubt, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Fighting is expected to increase as winter closes in. No idea what ever happened to the supposed peace treaty announced by the media a few weeks ago but apparently it's defunct.

People say this isn't another Viet Nam? This war will never be won and not because our military isn't capable or because it doesn't have enough funding. It will continue because of profit and it will continue for oil; the war on terror is another unwinnable but ever fundable war, and until we can gain official access into Pakistan (which I believe we're already a smidge into) Afganistan will continue to drain us both in terms of money and lives with no forseeable result.

I wish we'd defend our own borders as well as these.
  2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

did anyone see the very impressive 60 Minutes piece in Afghannie? pretty hot blonde reporter on the ground with a group of soldiers... .in the middle or a fire fight... really good stuff...
  3. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Just FYI the History Channel's running the show "Targeted" at 2 pm (my DVR's set:D), which traces the Bin Laden/AQ saga back to his roots, through his involvement with Reagan and Clinton,Tora Bora, then all the way up to today. Should be worth a watch.
  4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

any moment, Fog will be around to chime in with some dumb fable and irrelevant tangent, attempting to Fog the issue by taking focus off the fact that his Rethuglican heroes have been in bed with the enemy for some 20 years...
  5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

great find... thanks for the 411.... i'll be watching....

the entire forum should, also...
  6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Very disappointing.... Actually... 30 minutes in, and a enormous elephant is left in the room and unaddressed: The fact that the Pentagon was asked for troops to block UBL in at Tora Bora and refused. All they said was UBL "escaped."

It didn't even discuss the underlying causes of 9/11.

It's clearly told from a "military channel" perspective. A "don't make waves" assessment that adheres to the official story we all know has long since been debunked.
  7. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Been watching it...

I am AMAZED at the retaredness of the current Adminstration...

the HISTORY of Afganistan and Russia is EXACTLY what we are doing... Russia went in with 40,000 troops ( less than needed ), set up a pro ( Communist ) government that the people didn't believe in. And so much more...

The Parallels between Russia's campaign and ours is amazing, and we choose not to learn from it at all...