• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWickedPissah

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
OK, I'm a biased homer in that the choices, unless you pick the last and opt out, all have the Pats taking the AFCE again.

I see the Jets slightly improved and with a 2nd season of coaching by the same staff as the contenders. They may fill remaining holes at Guard from Pats cuts. I predict a bit of a QB controversy, but at least a Pennington injury won't be as devastating to the fans as in past years.

Buffalo in 3rd place as they too are benefiting from a 2nd year of the same coaching staff. QB Loserman is showing continued signs of improvement as his coaches make him play more disciplined. Just too many losses to FA to contend for the AFCE championship; the D isn't what it used to be.

Miami with another new HC and staff and ensuing chaos will still have a strong, but aging D. The QB situation continues to be a mess. Early indications are that passing on Quinn might be a big mistake. Their Top Ten pick Ginn has failed to come along rapidly as expected of a high pick, and has lost out on KR duties.

Last edited:
I pick the first I think Buff. will be better than Mia. The situation in Mia. is more in flux. And of course the Jets are ahead of both,but I think they may take a step back this year.

Last edited:
I think Buffalo wins 4 games this yr, Miami 6-10, Jets 8-8... Pats should be no lower than 12-4 , Im going with the homer bet of 14-2. Loses to at Miami and at Baltimore..

I put the Bills at 2, just for fun. But also because Losman showed a lot of growing up last year. If that trend line continues, and if McGahee was the problem with McGahee (at least in part,) they have a shot.

PFnV

Pats, Jets, Fish, Buffalo

The Bills will be lucky to win 2 of their first 11 games - that schedule is unforgiving.

The Bills will be lucky to win 2 of their first 11 games - that schedule is unforgiving.

You know it's a toughie when Pitt and the Jets are the weakest teams you face untill MIA in week 10 (but followed by the Pats again!). Buffalo has really pissed off the Football Gods.

For anyone even thinking of picking that last choice in this poll remember something before you click on the spot...

we know where you live :eek:

Two questions, and I mean this seriously...

1. Guys picking Buff 2nd...I can maybe see it but how do you rationalize 2nd given Buffalo's brutal initial schedule? Think they'll hang tough? Jets fold?

2. Folks picking Miami 2nd...This is the tough one for me to understand. You really think the D can carry an offense in chaos?

1. Guys picking Buff 2nd...I can maybe see it but how do you rationalize 2nd given Buffalo's brutal initial schedule? Think they'll hang tough? Jets fold?

2. Folks picking Miami 2nd...This is the tough one for me to understand. You really think the D can carry an offense in chaos?

Picking Buffalo for 2nd is ridiculous IMO considering the loss of several very key defensive players on that team..Buffalo will be lucky to win 6 games this year - In the offseason the only team that took a harder hit than Buffalo in losing quality players was Indy...but Indy is still a very solid team,Buffalo is not.

Miami has a very legit shot at 2nd place ,I think the gap between the Jets and Miami is not very far apart as you think...
Trent Green albeit up in age is still a very accurate and good passer and Chambers is very dangerous and of course the D keeps them going,If Miami finishes 2nd I would not be the least bit surprised

I picked Miami 2nd. I think the jets will not be as good as people think and that the phins won't be as bad. Could be a game difference, either way - just felt like picking Miami.

I put the Bills at 2, just for fun. But also because Losman showed a lot of growing up last year. If that trend line continues, and if McGahee was the problem with McGahee (at least in part,) they have a shot.

PFnV
I might have thought that more likely before the Bills met Tennessee last week, their D needs to gel more before they can challenge the Jets for #2.

Let me guess ...

HMM....

Logic says it has to be 1 of 2 posters who voted for the bottom selection on the poll saying the pats are done.

Its Either Aqua4ever04 or He Ban Me

Any other suspects?

Let me guess ...

HMM....

Logic says it has to be 1 of 2 posters who voted for the bottom selection on the poll saying the pats are done.

Its Either Aqua4ever04 or He Ban Me

Any other suspects?

You can see who voted for who in public polls and this is a public poll. Click on one of the bolded blue-font numbers.

You can see who voted for who in public polls and this is a public poll. Click on one of the bolded blue-font numbers.

Its WARREN94!!

Why Warren94 - Why?

I picked Buffalo to place second because even though it looks like they have a tough initial schedule, that remains to be seen. Plus, teams are still trying to get things wrinkled out in the beginning of the season which leads to the possibility of more "upsets".

I also think that Losman has grown into a pretty good QB, better than Penny and better than what the Dolphins have. I believe the Jets will take a step back, the Dolphins will be last giving Buffalo the second seed in the division. I know they have lost a lot on D but I think their coaches are good enough to hide any major weaknesses on D. Their O will be a lot better this year and the D will be decent. JMO.

I must say, I really don't care unless one of the rest has a chance at the playoffs, which seems more doubtful each week. We are a 1-6 favorite to win the division.

I have:

Patriots - Cream of the crop
Bills - Losman (?!) will have a breakout year and Lynch will be a stud.
Jets - Offensive line is a joke and they can't stop the run
Dolphins - Already on the clock.

Really I dont understand everyones reasoning in Buffalo having such a hard sch......The Pats play INDY opposed to Jax and SD opposed to Den......the Jetsies play Ten opposed to Jax (I'll take Jax bc of young) and KC over DEN (KC pretty bad)

Picking Buffalo for 2nd is ridiculous IMO considering the loss of several very key defensive players on that team..Buffalo will be lucky to win 6 games this year - In the offseason the only team that took a harder hit than Buffalo in losing quality players was Indy...but Indy is still a very solid team,Buffalo is not.

Miami has a very legit shot at 2nd place ,I think the gap between the Jets and Miami is not very far apart as you think...
Trent Green albeit up in age is still a very accurate and good passer and Chambers is very dangerous and of course the D keeps them going,If Miami finishes 2nd I would not be the least bit surprised

Sounds like someone has been watching too much ESPN.....stop drinking the koolaid the only factor to the Buffalo D lost was Nate the Great who imo SF overpaid for If you knew football you would understand Fletcher and McGAYEE are two of the most overrated players

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes