PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFCE news .... Bills rumored to be pursuing trade for Sam Bradford

If Bradford could just repeat his 2013 level of play and stay healthy, Buffalo would be the clear #2 team in the AFCE preseason rankings, a significant playoff candidate, and a legitimate threat in its games against the Patriots.

A decent option, certainly better upside than Manuel. I really believe that Rex needs a veteran QB though, someone who already knows what he's doing and needs minimal attention. A young QB isn't going to develop and improve with a head coach who can't even be bothered to know what the offense is doing.

I could see someone taking a flier on Bradford if the price tag is low and he would rework his contract.

Not sure as is Bradford has any trade value with the current contract # based on his injury history and his resume. He hasn't been good when he has played mostly because he hasn't shown NFL caliber accuracy.

They would be better of pursuing Sanchize

Lots of ifs. When he's been healthy he's been "decent" not elite. He's missed almost 40% of his games, and is coming off an ACL. Hard to know what he'll be like since he's missed most of the last 2 years. It should also be noted that he'd be moving from being a dome QB his entire career to the wild weather of Buffalo.

Certainly he'd be better than Manuel, who looks more and more like a wasted first round pick, but whether he'd be that much better than Orton or even Fitzpatrick is still up for debate. And THEN there is the near impossible task of putting together a reasonable trade scenario without a #1 pick and only six selections this year.

It's an interesting thought but has the same kind of likelihood as Harvin to the Pats. ;)

Bradford started off like a house afire then burnt out even disregarding injury. Teams needing a QB could do lots worse than trying a rehab. Better have a good OC & QB coach though. Throw him to the wolves and he fails.

EDIT: I'd take him over Orton or Fitz as we've seen their upsides & it ain't pretty.

Bradford should change his name to Mash has he slipped on a banana peal yet?? Don't do it Rex the guy cannot stay on the football field.

They would be better of pursuing Sanchize

Bradford, when healthy, has been a much better QB than has Sanchez, and he's a year younger, as well. The problem is the bolded portion of my first sentence*.

*Well, that and the fact that "Better than Sanchez" isn't a very high bar to clear.

Bradford should change his name to Mash has he slipped on a banana peal yet?? Don't do it Rex the guy cannot stay on the football field.
Have to agree. This guys is not the answer in Buffalo, but I guess if they want to take a flyer on him I won't complain, as he'll be off the field for at least 50% of the year and they'll have to use their lousy back-up, whoever that might be.

Buffalo could offer a 2015 4th rounder plus a 2016 draft choice conditional on how much Bradford plays and conditional on Buffalo wins.

The Bills will take a step backward this year.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I'm quoting Rex, who in his head is telling everyone they're going to the Super Bowl.

And his head is about to explode......

Good - I hope they trade their 2nd & 3rd rounders for Bradford and no picks until round 5...then Bradford can play his customary 8 or 9 games, get hurt, then we'll see the Pats play Buffalo with Alex Van Pelt at QB....

Of course, the media around here will salivate at this trade as they HOPE that SOMEONE challenges the Pats....

Is Bradford on the final year of his rookie deal now? I think it's for a pretty decent chunk of change also. Buffalo could conceivably be trading for Bradford for one year while he rehabs, has a decent year, then walks the next year for a bigger payday in a better city.

For the record, reports out of both Buffalo and St. Louis are denying the existence of any trade talks.

It gets so cold up in Buffalo that I would be worried that Bradford would shatter into a thousand pieces on his first hit in a home game in late October.

For the record, reports out of both Buffalo and St. Louis are denying the existence of any trade talks.

They're too busy with their Fitzgerald trade talks.

It gets so cold up in Buffalo that I would be worried that Bradford would shatter into a thousand pieces on his first hit in a home game in late October.

Awesome. I haven't seen that since it happened to the Colts defense in the AFCCG

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back