PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFCCG replay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sivy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
man, I just turned on nfl network and caught the 4th quarter of the afc game last season. What a nightmare. has anyone seen the replay or remember the game? Our D looked like it just straight up was wipped out. I maybe wrong, and correct me if I am, but Rodney Harrison missed that game right?

Yeah. Bobby Wade knocked Harrison out of the playoffs in the last game of the regular season, although Rodney may have been able to make the SB.

man, I just turned on nfl network and caught the 4th quarter of the afc game last season. What a nightmare. has anyone seen the replay or remember the game? Our D looked like it just straight up was wipped out. I maybe wrong, and correct me if I am, but Rodney Harrison missed that game right?

Uh, yeah he did. As did Seau.

Thanks, I thought so, but I didnt wanna get my hopes up about him being a difference maker before I knew for sure.....but man, that game is hard to watch.

It was clear that LB Eric Alexander was owned in that game,His coverage was horrid in the middle

It was clear that LB Eric Alexander was owned in that game,His coverage was horrid in the middle

To be fair, Alexander had almost no experience going against a first team offense.

After this game I had a sick feeling in my stomach for about a month, absolutely devastating.

I'll never watch it again.

I remember looking at the D and thinking "this is how the D looked late in the 4th quarter in the first SB against the Rams, just exhausted"

St. Louis scored pretty easily to tie it, which is why I was glad TB didn't take a knee but pushed for the FG. The feeling during the AFCCG was similar, "the D is too tired to stop em" (not to mention who it was missing).

Last edited:
I watched it last night and had forgotten how beat up we were in that game. It seemed like half the guys playing defense were 2nd or 3rd stringers. Our offense was banged up a bit as well.

Watching that game again, as painful as it was, made me feel even better about our chances going into Sunday. The Colts are a good team and they are better than they were last year but there is a HUGE difference between the team the Pats put on the field that day and the one that will show up on Sunday. If that team can stay within 4 points of the Colts I feel pretty good about what this team can do.

Eric Alexander takes WAY too much heat for that debacle. He made a number of plays in the first half, and should never have been put in a position to cover Fletcher and Clark 30 yards down the field with no safety help.

Both teams are better - Colts mostly because Sanders is healthy and Pats because of the new WR's, Seau and Rodney (who happen to be two of our best run stuffers, very important since shutting Addai is the key to this game for our boys).

But re-watching that game makes me sick also - we were so close - but the most stomach turning part of seeing it again is the choke job by the officials. The absurd offensive pass interference call on Brown most likely took away 4 points from us and but definitely gave the Colts the chance to drive for points at the end of the half. A major swing.

Plus the interference call on Hobbs in the endzone was horrific, as has been widely admitted even by the NFL, but the lack of a interference call on the Colts when Caldwell got mugged in the endzone in 4th qrt. was equally as horrid.

I said after the game that we shouldn't cry about the refs since we had a opportunity to salt away the game with a first down but failed to reach it. But while I realize every game has some bad calls and it's up to the players to overcome them, the blown calls in that game ended up giving the Colts the tiny margin of time and points they needed to get by the Pats. The refs in that game should be ashamed of their poor performance, unless, of course, they were paid to see the game that way......

I watched that game recently, not going to again for a long time.

Time to move forward. The game is gonna be great, two if the best in the league.

Personally I am watching for how our D will hold up, esp stopping Addai...I thought he killed us last year. Offensively obviously we are gonna put up some points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes