PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Wild Card Playoffs Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping that Tenn & the Steelers win, but I'm thinking that Jax & SD win.

The Jaguars will beat the Steelers.

Without Aaron Smith (who Belichick raves about) and Willie Parker, the Pittsburgh will be without two of their best players for the playoffs.

The Chargers will beat the Titans

Unless Philip Rivers implodes, which is highly probable this season.

The next big game the Jags will be their first. I have been waiting for them to step up and challenge Indy for a couple of years, but they ALWAYS lose the key games. On the other hand, Pittsburgh (and Roethlisberger in particular) are mentally tough and playing at home. I know the Jags are the trendy pick, but I expect the Steelers to win this one.

I think San Diego wins the other game, but Tennessee might make it closer than some people expect.

The next big game the Jags will be their first. I have been waiting for them to step up and challenge Indy for a couple of years, but they ALWAYS lose the key games. On the other hand, Pittsburgh (and Roethlisberger in particular) are mentally tough and playing at home. I know the Jags are the trendy pick, but I expect the Steelers to win this one.

I think San Diego wins the other game, but Tennessee might make it closer than some people expect.

I agree on both counts. The Steelers can win this one. The Chargers should win but they are the Chargers. I actually want the Chargers to win, fly to Indy and beat the Colts then go home and fly here and play outside.

Why is everyone so quick to dismiss TN beating SD, I mean they played just three weeks ago and TN was leading by 14 with 5 mins. left to play and if it wasn't for a Young INT TN would have won. The Titans held Philip Rivers to 37 yards passing through three quarters, sacked him five times, also on 4&10 Chambers dropped a pass that the officials ruled a catch but only had one view on the replay even though you could clearly see he dropped it and that drive is what sent the game into overtime. Don't forget this was the game where LT got up and walked away from Rivers. The Chargers haven't exactly played anyone good except TN in there win streak(Ravens, KC, TN, Detroit, Denver, and Oakland not exactly Murderer's Row if you know what I mean).

Did you see the Titans play against the Colts 2nd and 3rd stringers Sunday night? That team has some real problems. Their team MVP is their kicker! You talk about VY's INT in that game in TN as if it was a rarity. VY isn't a good QB and the Chargers D at home is fearsome, the way they can bring pressure. Replacing VY, if he's out, with Collins is a downgrade and the result will be even worse.

big ben has a way of dragging himself out of bed, splashing water in his face and winning big games. i'm going with the steelers.

Yep. The Steelers have a veteran team that knows how to play a big game at home. Rothlisberger is a dangerous QB. It only takes a few "scramble around and hit a bomb downfield" plays to rack up a lot of points.

The Jags have yet to prove they can win a big game. They are still in the big pep rallies for stinking wildcard games mode. They'll be too amped up.

I like the Steelers at home in a close game.

The Titans have no prayer in San Diego. You can't win playoff games in this era without an offense.

I agree on both counts. The Steelers can win this one. The Chargers should win but they are the Chargers. I actually want the Chargers to win, fly to Indy and beat the Colts then go home and fly here and play outside.

Yeh. I'd love to spank the Chargers in the AFC championship game. Nothing like watching Rivers and Tomlinson whine!

SD and Pitt.

But if Tenn wins, I will be a very happy man.

I actually want the Chargers to win, fly to Indy and beat the Colts then go home and fly here and play outside.

The exact reverse trip of what the Pats did last year. And we know how exhausting that was.

Pittsburgh is completely being forgotten here. Sure Jville is the toast of the pundits right now, most improved blah blah blah but it's not like they beat any real competition this season except San Diego and Pitt barely. We'll see how balanced this team is when they fall 14 points behind in one of these upcoming games.

I see Pitt as having a very good chance this weekend as long as Pitt o-line is up to the challenge. Could go either way but I don't see the Jaguars as world beater by any stretch of the imagination. Especially from a team that has only beat 3 or 4 teams with records over .500. They have to prove alot more to me then what they've shown so far.

Did you see the Titans play against the Colts 2nd and 3rd stringers Sunday night? That team has some real problems. Their team MVP is their kicker! You talk about VY's INT in that game in TN as if it was a rarity. VY isn't a good QB and the Chargers D at home is fearsome, the way they can bring pressure. Replacing VY, if he's out, with Collins is a downgrade and the result will be even worse.

You ask me if I watched that game(which is a yes) but did you watch the game I mentioned because as bad as the Titans looked against the Colts(which probably would have been different if White and Brown don't fumble) the Chargers looked just as bad. Like I said who have the Chargers beaten this year?:confused: If Haynesworth is anywhere near 100% I'd give them a pretty good shot of beating the Chargers.

Last edited:
Pittsburgh is completely being forgotten here. Sure Jville is the toast of the pundits right now, most improved blah blah blah but it's not like they beat any real competition this season except San Diego and Pitt barely. We'll see how balanced this team is when they fall 14 points behind in one of these upcoming games.

I see Pitt as having a very good chance this weekend as long as Pitt o-line is up to the challenge. Could go either way but I don't see the Jaguars as world beater by any stretch of the imagination. Especially from a team that has only beat 3 or 4 teams with records over .500. They have to prove alot more to me then what they've shown so far.

Just announced, Starks done for the year, Pittsburgh, 1 and done !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back