PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC West: Interesting scheduling fact related to HFA for playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosslost

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Now that we have head to head over Houston and Pitt with a lead I started looking at schedule stuff. One thing that I found very encouraging is that Denver, Oakland, and KC, have not yet played each other, at all, so far this season. All three teams have only played SD inside their division. Obviously only one team from that division (the winner) can ultimately challenge us for HFA, but each has some definite losses already consider they all have to play each other twice still.

EDIT: I was actually wrong about this. Oakland played the Cheifs once already

Last edited:
Now that we have head to head over Houston and Pitt with a lead I started looking at schedule stuff. One thing that I found very encouraging is that Denver, Oakland, and KC, have not yet played each other, at all, so far this season. All three teams have only played SD inside their division. Obviously only one team from that division (the winner) can ultimately challenge us for HFA, but each has some definite losses already consider they all have to play each other twice still.
PS. For everyone that says it is too early to talk HFA, I give you, if you are a SB aspiring team, it is never too early. In fact you can look around week one and hope the right teams lose and of course you win. Every single win or loss matters so every week of the season matters.

PS. For everyone that says it is too early to talk HFA, I give you, if you are a SB aspiring team, it is never too early. In fact you can look around week one and hope the right teams lose and of course you win. Every single win or loss matters so every week of the season matters.
Exactly, never understood why fans here root against division teams when they take on contenders like Denver. We're playing for homefield.

Exactly, never understood why fans here root against division teams when they take on contenders like Denver. We're playing for homefield.
yes. if you want HFA every week all the games matter. three of our four losses last year were kind of pathetic, even the Denver loss we coughed up and had looked like we were rolling but that was in Denver so... We lost HFA on a tie, so every single game matters.

Even in the 162 baseball season it matters, which is kind of nuts. Everyone always says "it's a long season" but every year a team misses the wild card by just a couple games. So basically every game matters in that sport too. In Hockey and basketball it is less relevant because so many teams make it, and just sneaking in in those sports does not tend to matter you aren't likely to do anything.

beat denver and the bills, and things get relatively easy

beat denver and the bills, and things get relatively easy

I would throw in Seattle as well. Beat two of the following: Denver, Bills and Seattle....I think HFA is real possibility. Obviously if I had to choose to lose one of those games it would be seattle.

I would throw in Seattle as well. Beat two of the following: Denver, Bills and Seattle....I think HFA is real possibility. Obviously if I had to choose to lose one of those games it would be seattle.

from a relative standpoint, seattle does not matter as much as either other game.....beating denver basically moves you 2 games up on them for HFA.....beating denver is much more important

besdies, the way they're playing, I'm not worried about Seattle at home

Just a possibility if they beat those THREE? I would think that would guarantee it. I think if they beat Buffalo next week they almost have it locked up. There is a pretty good chance they won't need to win the Denver game the way things are shaking out. Denver has TWO games each with KC and Oakland. They are going to have more losses than us and they may not win that division.

EDIT: I see that you said 2 out of 3 sorry

The AFC West beating up on each other is nothing but good for us. For Denver specifically I see them splitting with Oakland and KC, so that's two more losses for them right there.

Denver may not be that division winner

true, but as someone mentioned, that division is going to go through beating each other up which will weed some of them out

Oakland - defense is bad and their offense shrivels against a decent team
KC - offense is bad and their defense shrivels against a decent team

the only thing that gives me any pause out of that division is the Denver defense, but their offense has been in steady decline since the start of the season.......they have become the kubiak texans

Denver has a cake schedule. They will eviscerate Houston tonite and be "back on track" according to the sports pundits. Hope that KC or Oakland can play hard for 4 quarter to give them another (2) losses. The Pats actually winning in Denver is obviously huge too. So at best 11-5 for them. Can the Pats do better?

Denver has a cake schedule. They will eviscerate Houston tonite and be "back on track" according to the sports pundits. Hope that KC or Oakland can play hard for 4 quarter to give them another (2) losses. The Pats actually winning in Denver is obviously huge too. So at best 11-5 for them. Can the Pats do better?
I think Pats will be at least 13-3 and that is if they lose the Denver game.

true, but as someone mentioned, that division is going to go through beating each other up which will weed some of them out

Oakland - defense is bad and their offense shrivels against a decent team
Oaklands offense has only had one bad game against KC. It still played well in their other loss to Atlanta. So I'm not sure that's fact yet.

To me Oakland is like a lite version of Pittsburgh. We're more than good to go against them as long as Brady and the O dominate, but they'll be able to put up some points.

Another loss I can see for Denver: At New Orleans in a couple weeks isn't the best matchup for them.

Another loss I can see for Denver: At New Orleans in a couple weeks isn't the best matchup for them.
I can definitely see Denver losing @ New Orleans too for some reason! Hell they might lose tonight! The Texans are just too wishy washy for me to flat out pick them for an upset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back