PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Special Teamer of the Week: Brandon Tate

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcsully

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Congrats to Brandon Tate.. Hope he can build on it..

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: AFC Special Teamer of the Week

Well, um, good for him. Seeing the punt return for a TD was the perfect ending to an awesome day Sunday. :mad:

With all the talk over the D and O Sunday, special teams issues have gone under the radar a bit. I'm concerned about Patriots special teams in general, and this isn't a "we should never have cut Tate" point. It just seems weak all around: Can't get past the 20 on KRs unless the kicker pulls a Kasay and puts it out of bounds; punt returns are fair at best; and every opposing kick return looks thisclose to going for 6. Gost had a rough day Sunday (miss, whiff) and I still can't say I'm brimming with confidence when he goes for field goals. Mesko's doing well. Good special teams play has always been a hallmark of BB teams, so I hope this area gets "cleaned up" as well.

I just saw this......hilarious

what next?

6 INTS for bodden wherever he winds up?

well thank god he was good at that, because he sucked at wr...

Our ST are pretty bad as well. It always seems like the runners Welker or Woodhead or whoever...run right into the tacklers at exactly the 20 yard line..frustrating

Every aspect of the team seems to be horrible after a loss, especially one that so many seem to have mistakenly presumed would be a cakewalk. Special teams is no exception.

The Patriots starting field position for drives this year is the 29 yard line, 10th best in the NFL. Perhaps the change in the kickoff rule is causing the perception that they are performing terribly in this area, but the numbers tell a different story.

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2011 DRIVE STATS

Well before Edelman started groping females I didn't see a problem with our PR situation.

We could use a KR though, we haven't had one big return all year. Then again, Tate didn't really have great success after the Dolphin game last year. So maybe he wouldn't have helped our KR game maybe our ST's just sucks.

Devin's brother scored on a blocked punt vs the Colts.

Well before Edelman started groping females I didn't see a problem with our PR situation.

We could use a KR though, we haven't had one big return all year. Then again, Tate didn't really have great success after the Dolphin game last year. So maybe he wouldn't have helped our KR game maybe our ST's just sucks.

Vereen is suppose to be a Dynamic KR

why hasn't he been used at allin this role?

I thought he has been in 2 games or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back