PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Pro Bowler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sfpat

In the Starting Line-Up
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
NFL network is revealing the Pro Bowl teams. It appears the Pats will have 8 pro bowlers, including Matt Slater, with 7 starters (Brady, Welker, Gronk, 2 OL, Carter, Vince)

Last edited:
2012 Pro Bowl rosters

Hernandez is stiff to be overtaken by Antonio Gates. Pleased Slater made it. He's proven to be invaluable on Special Teams.

** Ray Lewis making the Pro Bowl is pathetic.

Last edited:
Arrington snubbed IMO for bigger names (Revis obviously deserves it). He's been our best CB all year and played well, 7 INTs, bad QBR/comp % against, sure tackler, oh well.

Victor Cruz as well, but he had very stiff competition in the NFC.

Last edited:
8 according to Mike Reiss, all are starters:

QB - T. Brady
WR - W. Welker
TE - R. Gronkowski
LG - L. Mankins
RG - B. Waters
DE - A. Carter
DT/NT - V. Wilfork
ST - M. Slater

Hernandez was edged out by Gates, total snub IMO.
Gates - 59 catches for 672 yards (11.4 avg, long of 27) and 6 TDs
Hernandez - 72 catches for 772 yards (10.7 avg, long of 46) and 6 TDs

This is called getting in by reputation and/or being overshadowed by a beast named Rob Gronkowski.

Arrington was edged out by Bailey, Revis, and Joseph.

According to Reiss, Arrington has allowed the second lowest QB rating in the entire NFL when QB's threw at him (Revis was #1) and he is currently tied for 1st in interceptions.

Can't argue with 8 being valued as the best at their positions in the AFC, but I believe it should have been 10.

Edit: 8 on Roster, 7 are "starters" as STers aren't counted as starters.

Last edited:
Kyle Arrington deserved a trip to Hawaii

Without him as the best player by far in a bad secondary and a guy who has stayed nearly injury free and also those key INTs....where would we be?

gates got in on name

ok how in the **** did rivers make the pro bowl?

what universe am i living in where that happened?

the players like him that much?

i love the guy, but his season was ****

Funny how going into this offseason RG and DE were 2 of our biggest needs, and now we have pro bowlers at both positions :) Good offseason for BB aside from the DB situation

Great to see a couple of Bill's scrap heap reclamation projects get the nod. Couldn't hardly find two more deserving guys. Perhaps he hasn't lost his touch... Next order of business to to insure no Patriots actually attend the event.

Aaron Hernandez getting some love from NFLN as a snub. . . . and GRONK will be appearing a little later on the show.

Last edited:
It's too bad Hernandez didn't make it, but I'm really happy for Slater! Other than that, I was right on :cool:

Look at the AFC QBs :D Rivers reputation I guess was better than giving it to Dalton or Matt Moore, which is understandable.

Surprised Jerod Mayo is not on the list. He is one of the best 3 inside linebackers in the league IMO, which should put him at one of the pro bowl slots. Once again a few players made the pro bowl purely off name recognition while they were hurt for big portions of the year.

Dalton is top alternate, which means he's in. Brady will kindly decline his invite if he isn't playing in the SB. There aren't TOO many games in very late jan/early feb he wants to play in.

They dislike/resent the Tebow hype more... But don't be surprised to see him invited as an injury or SB replacement and ratings and ticket sales draw.

Surprised Jerod Mayo is not on the list. He is one of the best 3 inside linebackers in the league IMO, which should put him at one of the pro bowl slots. Once again a few players made the pro bowl purely off name recognition while they were hurt for big portions of the year.

Pro Bowl runs a 43 defense, which means ILB's get snubbed a lot easier. I would not be surprised if he's the top alternate. Ray Lewis will still be getting into the probowl even after he retires because of his name.

Kinda surprised GB only has 6 (4 starters) for all their hype and being 14-1.

bleh.. Arrington not making it is beyond me..

Last edited:
I think Hernandez was very unlucky!!!

Arrington and Mayo are perhaps unlucky... Arrington for a good season, and Mayo for being an elite ILB....

Can't have it both ways!

Interesting point by Lombardi:

"I'm not sure a fullback is still a full-time position worthy of a Pro Bowl slot. I would rather have the H-back here and would give it to Aaron Hernandez of the Pats."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back