PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC playoff picture W/remaining games.

I don't know how its all going to play out, but I have a feeling we'll be seeing

Patriots-Giants III

Wouldn't that be something. But I couldn't watch, I couldn't take another loss in the SB either.

Wow. And the owners want to expand the play-offs? The #3 team should have to play a man down just to make it fair.

We'll get the 2 seed, that I'm fairly confident of. This week represents to me our only real chance to lose--Baltimore on the road is the only other game that makes me remotely nervous and I think we're starting to get to the point where we will click on O. If there are no more catastrophic injuries on D, I see 12-4 as the floor.

After watching the Giants twice and Baltimore last year, I'm less concerned with seeding and more concerned with peaking in January. I'd love the bye because it's one less chance to lose, but that's about it.

Houston concerns me too.They are bound to win one soon .

Houston concerns me too.They are bound to win one soon .

They are all somewhat concerning. I think as fans we tend to obsess a little too much about past records trying to predict future results. If that were the case so easily, we'd all be rich from betting on the games every week.

The fact remains that HOU certainly has weapons on both sides of the ball, have absolutely nothing to lose, are at home, and are still pissed about losing so badly to us last year. Andre Johnson, DeAndre Hopkins, Tate, Garrett Graham, etc can all put up points on our defense; especially considering that lesser talented teams have done the same.

CLE has a pretty tough defense, it's always tough trying to win for anyone down in BAL, and we still have 2 divisional games remaining with MIA and BUF. I'm not sure about you, but I haven't seen one divisional game out of our first four that has gone "easily" by ANY stretch of imagination.

If we lose vs DEN this Sunday, I think winning 4/5 games is realistic enough to try and still make a push for the #2 seed (with help from other teams). There will be those screaming and yelling that we're "sure" to win out vs the rest of the 5 opponents, but I just don't see it that way myself.

That team has no heart.

Agreed. They may not have heart, but they do have Andre Johnson who is one of the best WR's in the entire league vs our depleted secondary. On top of that, they have a capable enough running game vs our clear weakness in that regard, and TE Garrett Graham has come on lately down the middle of the field--which is another weakness that we've sucked at the past several yrs. JJ Watt and their defense is still one of the better defenses in the entire NFL at least statistically vs the pass, so we'll have that factor to deal with too.

I'd have to like our chances especially if it's coming off of a 2 game losing streak, but there will likely be a ton of pressure on us (particularly if DEN wins) and they have absolutely nothing at all to lose. That can sometimes make an average to poor team a bit better, especially if it's at their home field. I'm not counting on any game being a "sure thing" from here on out this season.

I'm not smart enough to figure out what two or three other teams are going to do on six different Mondays/Thursdays/Sundays against multiple opponents over the next two months, when I'm not even confident that I know what the team I follow closely will end up doing.

I do know that the Pats have to start protecting Brady a lot better and put an end to most of the dropped passes, fumbles, breakdowns in the secondary, untimely penalties and lack of discipline (Talib) they displayed on Sunday night, if they're going to be playing at the end of January.

So, for now, I'm just sticking with my pre-season prediction of Pats @ 11--5. That should be enough to get them the third seed and might even get them a Bye if enough "stuff happens" to Indy.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back