PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC North Shake Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayoclinic

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, what a shake up in the AFC North today.

The Ravens found a way to self-destruct again. I'm sure we'll be hearing a lot more from Ray Lewis and company about the horrible penalties called by those biased NFL refs who unfairly "target" the Ravens and won't let them just play.

Cincinnati has a legitimate defense, holding the Ravens to 14 points (as did the Patriots, with the other 7 points coming on a defensive score by the Ravens), and well under 300 total yards. After scoring 30+ and averaging over 400 YPG against soft defenses, the Ravens offense has come down to earth. 2 Flacco INTs as well. And who would have every predicted that Cedric Benson of all people would be the first back to rush for over 100 yards in almost 3 years.

Meanwhile the Steelers barely hung on against Detroit despite giving up almost 400 total yards to the Lions (392 for Detroit vs. 359 for Pitt). That can't bode very well for the famed Pitt defense.

So Cincy currently sits atop the AFC North at 4-1, a Denver miracle from being 5-0, with essentially a 1.5 game lead having beaten both 3-2 Pittsburgh and 3-2 Baltimore (on the road). The Ravens look like they are nowhere near mentally tough enough to play up to their talent, and the Pittsburgh defense has looked atrocious in the last 6 quarters.

Wow.

Ravens fan comment. they are imploding in Bmore.....
Game Thread Bengals at Ravens 10/11 - Page 83 - Baltimore Sun talk forum

"
I hope every referee in the nfl dies in a car crash today. I mean, heads sliced off, metal pipes through their chest, several ribs poking out of their stomach, blood all over the seats. Each and every one of them. Oh, and I want that to happen to the announcer who keeps saying "I AGREE WITH EVERY CALL!" "THE NO CALL ON OCHO CINCO WAS GOOD BECAUSE HE WAS TRYING TO PREVENT AN INTERCEPTION! BECAUSE IF HE IS TRYING TO PREVENT AN INTERCEPTION IT ISN'T A PENALTY IN THAT CASE" I want his head to be sliced in half. I also want the same to happen to Tom Brady.

Oh, and add goodell to that list. Oh, and Hines Ward. Well, I want hines ward to become paralyzed for life after a blindside block on Ray Lewis goes horribly wrong."

Ravens fan comment. they are imploding in Bmore.....
Game Thread Bengals at Ravens 10/11 - Page 83 - Baltimore Sun talk forum

"
I hope every referee in the nfl dies in a car crash today. I mean, heads sliced off, metal pipes through their chest, several ribs poking out of their stomach, blood all over the seats. Each and every one of them. Oh, and I want that to happen to the announcer who keeps saying "I AGREE WITH EVERY CALL!" "THE NO CALL ON OCHO CINCO WAS GOOD BECAUSE HE WAS TRYING TO PREVENT AN INTERCEPTION! BECAUSE IF HE IS TRYING TO PREVENT AN INTERCEPTION IT ISN'T A PENALTY IN THAT CASE" I want his head to be sliced in half. I also want the same to happen to Tom Brady.

Oh, and add goodell to that list. Oh, and Hines Ward. Well, I want hines ward to become paralyzed for life after a blindside block on Ray Lewis goes horribly wrong."

Poor schmucks. They never seem to realize that as long as they are more focused on whining than winning and take responsibility for their mistakes, they will never become an elite team, no matter how talented they are. The FO and coaches seem just as clueless about this as the mediots and the fans.

"

Are you sure that wasn't a post game interview with Suggs? :)

I really can't believe what the Bengals have done so far this year.

I still see the Steelers winning that division.

Bengals do look really good. But the Steelers really outplayed them in the first game and blew it on a few big plays. They are better IMO.

Ravens are a talented team, but a bunch of losers.

Poor schmucks. They never seem to realize that as long as they are more focused on whining than winning and take responsibility for their mistakes, they will never become an elite team, no matter how talented they are. The FO and coaches seem just as clueless about this as the mediots and the fans.

No kidding- more than a few of us predicted, in the wake of last week, that this would happen. There's a reason why good coaches don't let their teams use officiating as a crutch. They're all about moving on to the next game- what happened happened.

No kidding- more than a few of us predicted, in the wake of last week, that this would happen. There's a reason why good coaches don't let their teams use officiating as a crutch. They're all about moving on to the next game- what happened happened.

I laughed this morning when I saw the following preview of the game from Adam Duerson on CNNSI:

"Three Things You Should Care About

1. Mental toughness: One of these teams has it.
And it ain't the one from the Queen City."

Cincinnati Bengals-Baltimore Ravens is NFL Game of Week - Adam Duerson - SI.com

The Ravens being lauded for "mental toughness". What a joke. That's like lauding the Chargers for classiness. :singing:

The Ravens have as much talent on both sides of the ball as anyone (sounds like the Chargers circa 2006-2008), but until they take responsibility for their stupid mistakes and clean up their act they won't be a threat to anyone over the long haul.

That was a cheap shot by Lewis, but we have come to expect this.. and the subsequent whining tommorrow about how unfair the officials are...

That was a cheap shot by Lewis, but we have come to expect this.. and the subsequent whining tommorrow about how unfair the officials are...

Of course....and they will always be that way....

Of course the media will take Ray's side and deplore how the rules have stopped letting football players play football.

The Ravens want one set of rules to apply to themselves, and another for the opposing team. Pathetic crybabies.

In some other interesting results, Atlanta's put up 35 points and 340 yards offense against the supposedly top 10 SF defense (2nd in scoring, I believe, coming into the game). And Jacksonville is getting crushed, looking to go 1-4 ... good for out extra 2nd round pick.

Of course the media will take Ray's side and deplore how the rules have stopped letting football players play football.

The Ravens want one set of rules to apply to themselves, and another for the opposing team. Pathetic crybabies.

That team needs a f..ing bytch slap... particularly Lewis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back