PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC East Top 25, per Erik Frenz of the Boston Globe

On a side note, congrats to Frenz for landing his new gig at the Globe.

And being smart enough to start his Top 25 list with a Patriots to hook in readers.

Quite a coincidence! :cool:

Ferguson higher than Mankins and Wake higher than Gronk/Wilfork are both terrible rankings, IMO.

I know i'm a homer here, but Spiller at 6 is nuts. Spiller is top 10 in the NFL, at worst. One of the most electric and dynamic players in the league.

Spiller's not a top 10 player in the NFL, or even just the AFC.

Following up on the Spiller post (2:34 pm):

AFCN - Joe Thomas, Ngata, Rice, A.J. Green, Geno Atkins, Roethlisberger, M. Pouncey, Polamalu

I tried taking only players that are clearly better than Spiller, and Spiller doesn't even make the top 10 of the AFCE and AFCN combined, falling no higher than 14. Even arguing some of them, though, he'd need to climb over 4 of those listed above and in the article just to get into the top 10 players of half the AFC.

JPP?
Ray Rice?
Suh?
Foster?
Freaking Suggs?

If we are talking about right now, Spiller is far superior to any of those players. It's not close. The guy is top 10 talent.

Yep, I'm pretty sure the real list would go like:

1)Tom Brady

2) Vince Wilfork

3) Danny Amendola

4) Aaron Rodgers

5) Shane Vereen

6) CJ Spiller

Spiller's not a top 10 player in the NFL, or even just the AFC.

Lolz good one. Spiller is elite. You don't need to go to pro football reference dot com to understand this. You just need to watch the guy play one game. It's not complicated.

Lolz good one. Spiller is elite. You don't need to go to pro football reference dot com to understand this. You just need to watch the guy play one game. It's not complicated.

I've watched him play a lot more than one game. He's not top 10 in the AFC, nevermind in the NFL. That's not an insult, for crying out loud. It's the reality of a league with talent.

Following up on the Spiller post (2:34 pm):

AFCN - Joe Thomas, Ngata, Rice, A.J. Green, Geno Atkins, Roethlisberger, M. Pouncey, Polamalu

I tried taking only players that are clearly better than Spiller, and Spiller doesn't even make the top 10 of the AFCE and AFCN combined, falling no higher than 14. Even arguing some of them, though, he'd need to climb over 4 of those listed above and in the article just to get into the top 10 players of half the AFC.

Rothlisberger? Polamalu? Rice? /grasp

I've watched him play a lot more than one game. He's not top 10 in the AFC, nevermind in the NFL.

Well, we all know what opinions are like. :)

Dude you listed Polamalu as being better than Spiller in a previous post. Nothing more to say.

Well, we all know what opinions are like. :)

Dude you listed Polamalu as being better than Spiller in a previous post. Nothing more to say.

The fact that you pulled the "gasp" about Roethlisberger and Rice just shows how far you're in the bag. On the other hand, you'll fit in fine with a lot of posters here, as far as that level of insane homerism goes.

You're allowing your Buffalo prejudice to cloud your judgement. You have had multiple posters compile different lists that clearly demonstrate why Spiller isn't a top 10 player in the NFL just yet. Furthermore, you're allowing your judgement to be tainted that you refuse to acknowledge where people have said Spiller has the potential to be a top 10 player once the production level increases.

If you're not going to take on board reasonable opinion from multiple posters then I suggest a very simple go away. Overt Pats homerism is bad enough let alone homerism from a team I care little for.

The fact that you pulled the "gasp" about Roethlisberger and Rice just shows how far you're in the bag. On the other hand, you'll fit in fine with a lot of posters here, as far as that level of insane homerism goes.

Hey man, if u think Rice is better than Spiller, prove it with 2012 numbers. I'll be waiting.

Rothlisberger? Polamalu? Rice? /grasp

Roethlisberger is a 2 time SB winning QB. Spiller has 1 season with more than 600 rushing yards.
Rice has had consecutive 1000 yard seasons as the focal point of the offense.
Polamalu certainly was better but shouldn't be on the list.
In any event, Spiller is not a top 10 player in the NFL. Here is a simple list.
QB
Brady
Rodgers
Manning
Manning
Rothlisberger
RG III
Brees

RB
Peterson
Charles
Foster
Lynch

Thats 11 just at QB and RB.

We could easily add another 5 OL, 5 DL, 5 LB, 5 DBs, 5 WRs and at least a few TEs.

Perhaps Spiller can move up that list with more than 1 good season, but time will tell.

Hey man, if u think Rice is better than Spiller, prove it with 2012 numbers. I'll be waiting.

Didn't I see you state a little while ago that you aren't considering stats?

So much fail.

I understand, easy way out. If you really believe Rice is better, prove it.

Don't let an offhanded comment by me stop you.

Or are my comments the criteria by which players are measured these days?

Prove Ray Rice is better, man.

I understand, easy way out. If you really believe Rice is better, prove it.

Don't let an offhanded comment by me stop you.

Or are my comments the criteria by which players are measured these days?

Prove Ray Rice is better, man.

How is my pointing out your amazing hypocricy an easy way out?

How is my pointing out your amazing hypocricy an easy way out?

I readily admit my comments about stats were hypocritical.

Can you readily admit you are wrong about not only Ray Rice, but freaking Polamalu?

All I'm asking for is for you to back up your claim. Can you do that?

I readily admit my comments about stats were hypocritical.

Can you readily admit you are wrong about not only Ray Rice, but freaking Polamalu?

I'm not wrong about either of them, so why would I make such an admission?

All I'm asking for is for you to back up you claim. Can you do that?

Sure, but asking for one year of numbers when that year's over and players have entire careers to look at is either amazingly naive or deliberately framing the question on your part, particularly when you were the one showing disdain for numbers just a few posts earlier.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back