Welcome to PatsFans.com

AFC East to become AFC Beast

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by T-ShirtDynasty, Jan 17, 2006.

1. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Rooters News Service:

As the league continues to hack and prune away at the fabled Belichick Coaching Tree, the most recent limb to be severed was first year Defensive Coordinator, Eric Mangini, who leaves to share a stadium with the New York Giants as the Head Coach and Sacrificial Lamb of the Jets.

Known throughout the league as a young defensive mastermind, Mangini has his work cut out for him, not only with the giant mess left behind the wake of the Herm Edwards debacle, and being handcuffed with a noodle-arm quarterback under a heavy contract, but also because he lands his first Head Coaching position in a Division which pits him against his former mentor and boss, Bill Belichick and fellow Belichick protégé Nick Saban with the Dolphins.

That leaves only Buffalo. The rumors are that the Bills heavy interest in their piece of 'The Tree' leads them to have Belichick disciples Kirk Ferentz, Pat Hill and Josh McDaniels high on their shopping list. Followed closely by Arman "Dandy" Trudeau, first year equipment manager for the Patriots.

If one of those four potential pieces were to fall into the Buffalo puzzle, word is that the league would be petitioned to officially add a "B" to the name AFC East, to honor the legendary Belichick, thereby becoming the AFC Beast.

(No animals were harmed in the fabrication of this story, brain cells perhaps, but no animals.)

2. maxhagen

maxhagen Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

hahahahaha. AFC Beast... thats a good one...

3. groundgame

groundgame Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

4. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +194 / 2 / -3

As I said in another thread, this is why the Jets view Mangini as the best candidate

Others might have more HC or football experience but job #1 for the Jets is being able to win some games in the division. As such, a HC with knowledge of the Patriots and other teams within the division - as well as an outsider's perspective on the Jets own weaknesses - is much more valuable than a veteran HC.

5. NovaScotiaPatsFan

NovaScotiaPatsFan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

The Bills just called me asking if I wanted the job because they heard I yelled at a guy that sort of looked like Bill Belichick in a parking lot one time.

6. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +458 / 4 / -1

#75 Jersey

7. Bronco Freak

Bronco Freak Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

lmao at the afc BEast, it's the lEast, and will stay that way for long time.

8. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +458 / 4 / -1

#75 Jersey

Bronco Freak is still hanging here? I can't see what he's saying but I would have thought he would have moved over to the Steelers board.

I do hope that the Steelers *****-slap the Bronco's this Sunday. Then I hope that some real Bronco's fan finds Bronco Freak, in the basement of his mommy's crack house, and *****-slaps him for impersonating a football fan.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2006
  9. Bill's Girl

Bill's Girl Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0