Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

AFC East team most likely to turn QB position over (without injury reason)

• Tebow takes over for Sanchez

Votes: 22 41.5%
  • Moore or Tannehill takes over for Garrard

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • Young takes over for Fitzpatrick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No changes at QB for any of them

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The Patriots are by far the only team in the AFC East that has no chance of a QB starter conspiracy on their team. (only if Brady was injured then Hoyer and Mallett would factor)

The other 3 teams could very well switch over to another QB for starting position during the season

Of the 3 other teams in the division...other than the excuse of injury,which team do you feel most likely is going to have a different starter from game 1 to the final game of the season?

As off now,most media starting QB projections in the East are ....Fitzpatrick,Brady,Garrard and Sanchez

Last edited:
Barring injury I would say that Young replacing Fitzpatrick is by far the least likely. Of course that may be a mighty big if considering how poorly the Bills OL protected Fitz last year.

Miami looks like a team where all three quarterbacks could end up getting multiple starts by the end of the season.

The Jets? I think it would make more sense for them to stick with Sanchez, but who knows how Rex will react to fan and media pressure. They have a tough schedule at the start of the year and the decision may be taken out of his hands and come from their owner if they get off to a slow start.

Wouldn't it be turnover if Garrard won the job since he wasn't the starter last year?

Wouldn't it be turnover if Garrard won the job since he wasn't the starter last year?

Its all about projected starting QBs by the majority of the media and reports of Garrard showing impressive practices over the other two....Garrard was not a Dolphin in 2011 anyway.

Personally I think Moore is the best QB of the 3 but give Tannehill a chance,he could be a good pro.

Voted Tebow for Sachize narrowly over Tannehill/Moore for Garrard... although I can easily see the latter transpiring over the former as IIRC the QB competition in Dolphins training camp/preseason games will be more fluid than in New York

Guess I just want to see the Jets season implode early on and for them to desperately shift philosophies on offense by putting their faith (no pun intended) into Tebow Time. :D

Last edited:
Tannehill starts by week 8. Not that he's ready, or the other suck. Just that the team sucks and desperation takes hold.

Easily dolphins.

The jest and bills have their starters. Sanchez could lose it if he has a string of bad games and the jest lose.

Aren't you forgetting one of the teams?

The mediots are now racing each other to predict that Tebow will be #1 for the Jests. So we know that won't happen.

I think it's absolutely inevitable that Tebow will take over for Sanchez.. That messed up group of players and coaches is just waiting to implode (and we get to watch :D). Garrard Probably won't start every game but if he's healthy, he should... Garrard is a pretty darn good QB. But I voted for Tebow taking over for Sanchez because it will be way more fun to watch!

Barring injury I would say that Young replacing Fitzpatrick is by far the least likely. Of course that may be a mighty big if considering how poorly the Bills OL protected Fitz last year.

Miami looks like a team where all three quarterbacks could end up getting multiple starts by the end of the season.

The Jets? I think it would make more sense for them to stick with Sanchez, but who knows how Rex will react to fan and media pressure. They have a tough schedule at the start of the year and the decision may be taken out of his hands and come from their owner if they get off to a slow start.

You do realize the bill OL gave up the least amount of sacks in the nfl last season, right? That must mean they protected pretty well.

Its all about projected starting QBs by the majority of the media and reports of Garrard showing impressive practices over the other two....Garrard was not a Dolphin in 2011 anyway.

Personally I think Moore is the best QB of the 3 but give Tannehill a chance,he could be a good pro.

I think Tannehill is going to completely suck.
If it werent for QB desperation across the league, he should have been a 5th round pick.
He is going to end up like Kyle Boller, Joey Harrington, JP Losman, Vince Young, Russell, Leinhart as guys who were overdrafted because a team needed a QB and convinced themselves a guy who can't play at this level maybe could, and ended up disappointed.

The fact that two of the three competitors in the AFC East have the potential for Quarterback controversies shows how great the New England situation is.

Tannehill can compete now:

A league source told Florio on Saturday evening that the Dolphins and Tannehill have agreed to terms on a contract. The four-year deal will include a club option for a fifth, as is the case with all first-round contracts. Per Florio’s source, the Dolphins made some concessions, but ultimately Tannehill was unwilling to miss a significant amount of practice time. The Tannehill camp did not get offset language fully removed from the deal.

Source: Dolphins get Ryan Tannehill under contract | ProFootballTalk

Guess I just want to see the Jets season implode early on and for them to desperately shift philosophies on offense by putting their faith (no pun intended) into Tebow Time. :D

Personally, I cannot imagine a Jets season not imploding, with or without Tebow on the roster.
But WITH Tebow...the Jets are a lit cigarette flicking contest into huge barrel of gasoline.
I just can't friggin' wait for the fireworks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes