PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC East Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
5-11, that's just laughable. What have the Bills done to make you think they are better than the Dolphins? How does the Dolphins' defense get no recognition from you guys when they were 4th in the NFL last year, single handedly won 6 football games and added Joey Porter?

Who is the Dolphins' QB? A gimpy Culpepper? That kid from BYU? Cleo Lemon? That is a huge question about the Dolphins and that is a big issue.

5-11, that's just laughable. What have the Bills done to make you think they are better than the Dolphins? How does the Dolphins' defense get no recognition from you guys when they were 4th in the NFL last year, single handedly won 6 football games and added Joey Porter?

and all those defensive studs got another year older.

You also have no nose guard except for a rookie and an old man and you lost one of your starting D-lineman. Your secondary and OL are still an absolute joke.

You mean in front of him.

No. Maroney was still the #1 here, however he had Dillon breathing down his neck. Maroney wasn't able the guy because of Dillon's presence. In Buffalo they have Anthony Thomas as the #2 RB, who despite being about four years younger than Dillon, is nowhere near as good.

No. Maroney was still the #1 here, however he had Dillon breathing down his neck. Maroney wasn't able the guy because of Dillon's presence. In Buffalo they have Anthony Thomas as the #2 RB, who despite being about four years younger than Dillon, is nowhere near as good.

Maroney was not the number one. Maroney did not start a single game and had 24 less carries than Dillon. How does that equal being the number one back?

Okay, first of all, I will break my own "rule" and say 13-3 but that's pushing it. I am always most comfortable saying 12-4 is the max you can ever predict. In fact, make that my prediction, 12-4. It's just hubris to predict higher than that. Too many intangibles.

Secondly, everyone knows this is Miami's division to lose, just like last y...

Oh never mind.

PFnV

Secondly, everyone knows this is Miami's division to lose, just like last y...

Oh never mind.

PFnV

Hey, they did go 9-7 not too long ago.

Maroney was not the number one. Maroney did not start a single game and had 24 less carries than Dillon. How does that equal being the number one back?

Maroney was our #1 for 2/3rds of the season. Eight out of the first eleven weeks Maroney had the same amount or more carries than Dillon. Maroney was our 80 yard RB for the most part, while Dillon got more of the carries inside the EZ. Also Dillon tended to figure more into the later stages of the games. Maroney hit the rookie wall and Dillon then started seeing more overall carries.

Pats 14-2
Jets 10-6
Miami 7-9
Bills 5-11

As of right now I would say it is the Pats and then everyone else missing the playoffs.

The NFC East and AFC North replace the laughable NFC North and the one deep AFC South as opponents for the AFC East this year. That is going to put a dent into the win totals of the other 3 teams in the division.

Personally I'd go for a 4-12 for the Fins. 7-9 seems right for the Bills.

The reason? The Fins just keep going downhill. A new coach again. A terrible draft. While I think the Bills had a solid draft and will improve. Sorry Aqua but your team blows. Oooh....Joey Porter fantastic. Just a little news, your offense is horrible and w/out points you dont win regardless of if your defense is in the top 5.

Last edited:
I'm begining to think you don't watch much football or really know what you're talking about.
Dont tell anyone that after your "legit reason that the dolphins will the east!" thread.

i think given the schedule:

pats 14-2
dolphins 10-6 at best if they figure out the qb situation, given their easy schedule, reminds you of the 06 jets schedule
jets 6-10 they have a tough schedule, and even though they look better, they also had an easy ass schedule
bills 5-11 tougher schedule and the key losses outweigh the key gains i think

If the Pats can stay healthy, they could win 15.
But 13 and 3 seems more accurate.

Pats 13-3
Jets 10-6
Dolphins 9-7
Bills 8-8

Crush them 21-0 at the end of last year? Actually have a decent QB who's developing nicely? Make good draft picks?

I think the Bills challenge for a playoff spot this winter.

Funny you mention a 21-0 score late in the season involving the Dolphins. ;)

I think beating the Patriots 21-0 is more impressive than beating the Dolphins 21-0.

Personally I'd go for a 4-12 for the Fins. 7-9 seems right for the Bills.

The reason? The Fins just keep going downhill. A new coach again. A terrible draft. While I think the Bills had a solid draft and will improve. Sorry Aqua but your team blows. Oooh....Joey Porter fantastic. Just a little news, your offense is horrible and w/out points you dont win regardless of if your defense is in the top 5.

Yep, such a terrible draft that they landed the #2 WR, #2 QB and #2 center in the entire pool. Such a bad draft that they got their QB of the future and an absolute game breaker.
Dont tell anyone that after your "legit reason that the dolphins will the east!" thread.

Yes because I wrote that article. You do realize that wasn't my writting right? And I'm also aware that I'm the ONLY person in the world that thought the Dolphins would win. Big deal, I thought MY TEAM would be good, wow, what a shock! All the Jets and Bills fans think they're going to the playoffs this year too.

Yep, such a terrible draft that they landed the #2 WR, #2 QB and #2 center in the entire pool. Such a bad draft that they got their QB of the future and an absolute game breaker.

Yes because I wrote that article. You do realize that wasn't my writting right? And I'm also aware that I'm the ONLY person in the world that thought the Dolphins would win. Big deal, I thought MY TEAM would be good, wow, what a shock! All the Jets and Bills fans think they're going to the playoffs this year too.

Why bother, they thinkt their team is the best every year...but whens the last time the won the SB?? Who cares how many games they win, the idea is to win the SB and they can't seem to do that anymore, just call the the Atlanta Braves. Except now all that character they preached for the last 6 years is out the window when they sign Meriweather and Moss....couple of class acts there, let them live in their fanatasy world eventually every team comes back to the pack and that's what their doing. Let them live the fantasy just a little longer, it's due to end, it always does.:D

What have you been smoking? What draft board have you read that had Beck ranked #2. He was graded out as the 7th or 8th QB in the entire draft.
Ginn is pretty much a punt returner, even your coach introduced him as such. Well he is a punter returner when he gets the protective boot off:eek:

Why bother, they thinkt their team is the best every year...but whens the last time the won the SB?? Who cares how many games they win, the idea is to win the SB and they can't seem to do that anymore, just call the the Atlanta Braves. Except now all that character they preached for the last 6 years is out the window when they sign Meriweather and Moss....couple of class acts there, let them live in their fanatasy world eventually every team comes back to the pack and that's what their doing. Let them live the fantasy just a little longer, it's due to end, it always does.:D

Post of the year!!:bricks: Just got some numbers for you.....

1974....33 YEARS AGO

That is classic.....

What have you been smoking? What draft board have you read that had Beck ranked #2.

Come on, it makes perfect sense that Beck was the #2 QB in the draft.

After all, he was the 4th QB picked. The QBs that went 2nd and 3rd had teams trade up to get them. They didn't trade up for Beck though. A team that needed a QB and would select the #5 QB overall had Beck sitting there for the taking. They chose to trade back.

What about that doesn't make it clear to you he was the #2 QB in the draft?

What do you trust - the actual results and choices teams needing QBs made in the draft or the standard predictable "We can't believe he was there.....blah, blah, blah" that every team says about guys it drafts?

Last edited:
Predicting 14 wins is silly. It can definitely happen, but between division games, SD, and Indy they'd have to go 6-2 and then go 8-0 in the rest. Not likely.

Of course, I don't really see how they can lose more than 4 games. How about we split the difference at 13-3? God we're spoiled.

As for other teams, I don't see how the Jets don't take a step back this year. Last year the Jets snuck up on everyone, played a last place schedule, and Chad was healthy all year.

This year teams will be gunning for them as a playoff team and they'll face a 2nd place schedule (and a more difficult NFC division). Chad's health is a wildcard which does not work in their favor.

I figure 8-8 will be a successful year for the Jets. The sad thing is that the NY media and the fans will be killing them if that happens, even though it would be a step towards perennial contention (how quickly they forget 4-12). I can't even pencil them in for 8-8, I'd figure them 7-9.

As for Miami and Buffalo, I don't know. I know I have more faith in Buffalo's QB, but not enough to think he can compensate for how many losses that team has suffered. I know that I respect Miami's defense, but they have nothing at QB (how sad is it to say "if they only had Losman they'd be a good team").

Something tells me Buffalo is looking at a 5-11 season. Then again, a team that looks bad in April surprises everyone each year and maybe it's them.

I'll give Miami 9-7 based off of a great defense and a last place schedule (they could and should go 3-0 against Houston, Oakland, and Cleveland who they'll play within the first 6 weeks before the latter two have experience under their rookie QB's belts). Wow, Miami could easily be 4-2 when they host NE in week 7 (Ws: Houston, Oakland, Cleveland, Washington Ls: NYJ, Dallas).

So in summary:

NE: 13-3
Miami: 9-7
NY: 7-9
Buffalo: 5-11

And I am just as bad at predicting records as everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes