PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC East awful ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

RI Patriots fan

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Yes, yes, yes....I know it's the pre-season but 1-10? Take out the Patriots 1-2 record and the rest of the AFC East is 0-8.

The Dolphins are 0-3 and have lost their games by a combined score of 66-30.

The Bills are 0-3 and lost their games by a combined score of 81-27.

The Jets are 0-2 and lost their games by a combined score of 43-9 and they haven't scored a TD yet.

Out of the 8 games our AFC East rivals have played, only twice have they scored more then 10 points (17,14).

If this is any indication of the talent level of this division, I feel pretty confident that our Patriots will be wearing the Division Crown at the end of the season.

Jets and dolphins are worst in division...no talent really...at all

See: Detroit Lions, 2008.

4-0 Preseason, 0-16 Regular Season.

NY Jets awful ........ YES!

2012-13 NY Jets 6-10!

Money Baby!

Let's wait and see, but it is possibly the case.1. AFC North 2. AFC West 3. AFC East 4. AFC South. Watching the Bills though, they play like a team who think they are better than they actually are. The Pats are the only team that I wasn't able to guage during the preseason. In addition, I have no clue who will win the AFC North. I was leaning Steelers then Baltimore now I don't know.....

Last edited:
Why does everyone say, I know it's preseason, but... . It makes me think that while they claim they know it's preseason, they don't really know it's preseason.

Why does everyone say, I know it's preseason, but... . It makes me think that while they claim they know it's preseason, they don't really know it's preseason.

Because it's like VR sex. It looks real. But, it isn't.

it's because inside, their personal C. Little is bawking to get out and scream to the sky...

Just go sleep it of mate.

Actually, it is the off season*. He is bored and does not want to start thread 3,128 about if we will trade Welker, or if Russ Ventrone make the 53, or what somebody somewhere said that can be viewed as stupid, or what some player somewhere did that is stupid.

I'm not saying those threads are stupid. Heck, I've posted in them because I'm bored too.

*Oh, TC and pre-season are off season if you ask me. There is when it is on and when it is off - gray does not exist.:) (Neither do black and white - it is orange and blue - but I digress.)

Yup.

In the end, it's still just a game. Oh, I know... we're all junkies here, jonesing for more football fixes, and that's fine. But when it comes right down to it, these guys get paid an awful lot to play a game, and regardless of who wins or loses, the sun will still come up tomorrow morning, we'll still go to work, pay taxes, and raise our families.

Perspective is a good thing. It's what got me over our last two Superbowl games. Well, perspective and bourbon. :cool:

What are the records of all of the other divisions?

I think the Bills still have a chance to be a Wild Card, but the AFC East may end up being the worst division in the AFC. I think both the South and West have a chance of getting better overall and the North should take a step back, but still be the best division in the conference.

That about sums it up.

it's because inside, their personal C. Little is bawking to get out and scream to the sky...

But, in the immortal words of Richard M. Nixon, somewhere, deep-inside, they know "that would be wrong."

Yup.

In the end, it's still just a game. Oh, I know... we're all junkies here, jonesing for more football fixes, and that's fine. But when it comes right down to it, these guys get paid an awful lot to play a game, and regardless of who wins or loses, the sun will still come up tomorrow morning, we'll still go to work, pay taxes, and raise our families.

Perspective is a good thing. It's what got me over our last two Superbowl games. Well, perspective and bourbon. :cool:

Before the "bourbon" reference, I was going to nominate that for "Most Cliche-ridden Post of the Year," but I'm partial to Bourbon.

Still, go light on the "it's just a game," "get paid a lot to play a game," "regardless of who wins or loses," "the sun will come up tomorrow,"...well, you get the idea. :singing:

Two more weeks.

Two more weeks.

Two more weeks.

Two more weeks.

Two more weeks.

Two more weeks.

Teams shouldn't play the preseason to win. At least, I'm pretty sure the Pats don't do it. The Bills are better than what you're seeing (9-7 maybe?), but I have no idea about the Dolphins or Jest. They're probably headed for 6-win seasons.

What are the records of all of the other divisions?

1-10 I think.

Teams shouldn't play the preseason to win. At least, I'm pretty sure the Pats don't do it. ...

Agreed. As I was watching the other night, it felt like Tampa WAS playing to win (to an extent; at least they stopped throwing to VJax after a bit). Pats had a "working on some things" feel. (Sometimes I even wonder if BB likes it when the team struggles a bit in pre-season games, so players get a firmer grasp of the importance of game-planning, coaching and "do your job.").

And to add to the meaningless-preseason-records note: 2010 Colts, 0-4. Hardly a sign that only their institutional cowardice would keep them from going 16-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down