Status
Not open for further replies.

braveht

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
It might happen, and it isn't too farfetched. Possible scenario:
RD 1; Pats beat Jags; Steelers(#2 WC) beat Cincy

Div Champ: Steelers beat Indy; Pats beat Denver

AFC Champ: Pats vs Pitt at Foxboro ... same as 2005 switch venue.

If Steelers lose to Indy, then
AFC Pats at Colts ... same as 2004, switch venue.

SOunds like Groundhog's Day.

id rather face the steelers then the colts personally

braveht said:
It might happen, and it isn't too farfetched. Possible scenario:
RD 1; Pats beat Jags; Steelers(#2 WC) beat Cincy

Div Champ: Steelers beat Indy; Pats beat Denver

AFC Champ: Pats vs Pitt at Foxboro ... same as 2005 switch venue.

If Steelers lose to Indy, then
AFC Pats at Colts ... same as 2004, switch venue.

SOunds like Groundhog's Day.
Um, the Colts didnt play in the AFCC last year (even most of their fans want to think they did). That was us it Pitt.

I have to say of all the years I remember this one in this conference seems more reaistic for a 6 seed to make a Conf Championship than I can remmeber.

Assuming Jville doesnt stumble, the 6th seed is going to be either:

Pitt, who is not at all far behind Cincy

Denver, KC, SD who are all very closely matched teams.

If Pitt played Cincy, or any of those 3 played each other tomorrow, reagrdless of where it was, there is no real clear edge.

We take care of the Colts, and those 4 battle it out. ANY of the 4 could easily emerge, including the 6th seed.

If that happened and we got to play a home AFCC, Id have to consider agreeing with NEM that God is a Pats fan.

AndyJohnson said:
Um, the Colts didnt play in the AFCC last year (even most of their fans want to think they did). That was us it Pitt.

Your mixing up his reference. The years he put down represent when the game was actually played not the season in which the games were played.

We beat Pitt Jan 2005
We beat Indy Jan 2004

andy... there is (almost; unless we gain 2 on the bengals) no way we can knock off the colts, then have a home AFCC... we'll need the steelers (or some #6) to knock them off... if we knocked off the colts, it means we go to cinci or denver

Last edited:
unless something gets really weird.... we need to beat JAX, then we need the steelers to beat both Cincy and Indy... then we beat Denver @ Denver...
then, we get the miracle AFCC vs steelers

I think we could be playing with fire by wishing the championship game is at home vs. PIT. You know they are due to beat us and maybe they will feel less pressure by being on the road. If I have a vote. I say let's play anyone but the Steelers in the AFC title game. Let a sleeping dog lie. Besides, JAX will probably lose one and the Steelers will be golfing anyway. Then we might go to another Super Bowl.

PATSummerallofthe80s said:
I think we could be playing with fire by wishing the championship game is at home vs. PIT. You know they are due to beat us and maybe they will feel less pressure by being on the road. If I have a vote. I say let's play anyone but the Steelers in the AFC title game. Let a sleeping dog lie. Besides, JAX will probably lose one and the Steelers will be golfing anyway. Then we might go to another Super Bowl.

i dunno abotu that. Roethlisburger is not that great of a QB, and bettis and staley are hurt (i dont know when they are coming back, so no saying anything mean about that one)... id rather take on the steelers, although i doubt it will happen.
Even tho manning chokes, and i really dont think hes a good qb... his offense is AMAZING... id like to avoid it if i can. But if not... oh well, i have faith the pats can do it.

PatsWorldChamps said:
unless something gets really weird.... we need to beat JAX, then we need the steelers to beat both Cincy and Indy... then we beat Denver @ Denver...
then, we get the miracle AFCC vs steelers

Isn't that what the original thread said?

shutup d!ckbag

RIP#40 said:
Isn't that what the original thread said?
yes, but andy said we'd take care of the colts, then have a home AFCC... i was just pointing out that cant happen

Last edited:
I want the Colts. Revenge. Just like Pittsburgh last year.

PatsWorldChamps said:
shutup d!ckbag

Why the hostility? I simply stated that PIT is the one team we would not want to play and then we might go to the Super Bowl. That really was mean spirited of you.

I think PIT is the one team we DO want to play, especially since that game would be at home, while any other 2nd round game would be on the road

fleabassist1 said:
i dunno abotu that. Roethlisburger is not that great of a QB, and bettis and staley are hurt (i dont know when they are coming back, so no saying anything mean about that one)... id rather take on the steelers, although i doubt it will happen.
Even tho manning chokes, and i really dont think hes a good qb... his offense is AMAZING... id like to avoid it if i can. But if not... oh well, i have faith the pats can do it.

I don't think Bettis is hurt-- I just saw him in a really good commercial last night. He looked to be in good shape, but that's just one man's opinion.

PatsWorldChamps said:
I think PIT is the one team we DO want to play, especially since that game would be at home, while any other 2nd round game would be on the road

I think you might be forgetting one thing. There is not a team in the AFC whose fans travel in force like the Steelers. I say we should ask Santa for any team but PIT in the AFCC. I have a bad vibe about beating them three times in a row (especially since this game is at home and not at PIT). We already know we can win there.

I think you might be forgetting one thing. There is not a team in the AFC whose fans travel in force like the Steelers. I say we should ask Santa for any team but PIT in the AFCC. I have a bad vibe about beating them three times in a row (especially since this game is at home and not at PIT). We already know we can win there.
i barely remember any steelers fans at our last home game against them... id say a lot more raiders follow their team... pit would be a cakewalk... no qb... the squealers lost to baltimore! big ben should sit out the season, instead of being selfish, so they could at least have a healthy qb

You make a good point. I couldn't have said it better myself. Bravo!

what makes you think pittsburgh will beat us? we totally dominated them on monday night football 28-7. the game was not even close. pittsburgh will not beat us. and all you Pats fans probaly know better than most that bill cowher can't win in big games and makes stupid decisions in key games. pittsburgh will not beat us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes