Aerosmith's New Patriots 'Anthem'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Just listened to it - I thought the lyrics were a little corny and had a little higher expectations for it.

“The muskets roar, another score, that’s how we get it done/Raise your fist and shout it out, the Pats are number one.”

Maybe it'll grow on me :confused:

Aerosmith - Pepsi NFL Anthems

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I thought that was a pretty neat tune.
Nice job, guys.:rocker:

Just listened to it - I thought the lyrics were a little corny and had a little higher expectations for it.

“The muskets roar, another score, that’s how we get it done/Raise your fist and shout it out, the Pats are number one.”

As a stand alone song, I thought it was great. The music was solid and the lyrics interesting and inventive. especially the 2 forays into near curse words.

I have 2 problems with it.

1. Its an anthem and anthems are basically sing alongs, and I can't see Gillette rocking to "Legendary Child"

2. The title "Legendary Child". The Patriots are the most team-centric team in the NFL. You can't have an anthem that seems to worship and individual.

Bottom line - A great song, just not a fitting Patriots anthem. Back to the drawing board.

I'm with you, Ian. Not feeling it at all.

The intro sounds like a bad rip off of Sonic the Hedgehog style guitar licks.

I always liked Aerosmith but that is awful I think. I don't like it and its even worse as an anthem.

ne_3.jpg

I like the sentiment, but just retire and go away already... they look utterly ridiculous.

Last edited:
Verse riff is decent. Doesn't exactly make me want to run through a wall, but not the complete abomination I was expecting.

VIP on Swole should be the Pats' anthem

Last edited:
Huge Aerosmith fan.. but this song does little for this fan.

Aerosmith was great in the 70's, had some forgivable crap in the 80's and 90's, but the last 15 or so years have just been a vile, unforgivable parody of music.

Is this going to replace "This Is Our House" when we score a touchdown? Because I f'ing love that song as our anthem.

EDIT: And I just listened to it and it sucks balls. Come on guys, I really enjoy some classic Aerosmith but please just knock it off already.

Last edited:
I like it. The fact the download is free is even better!

that is terrible...'Smith hasn't been any good since they put down the razor blade and mirror....

"heads I win tails you lose love is such a crime....nowhere to draw the line"

Embarrassing. Not exactly the raiders theme or even the corny eagles fight song... T least those have authentic feel. This crap belongs out in that gawdy shopping center outside Gillette. I hate this side of the patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes