PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Advice re watching Super Bowl in Delhi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JudyPatFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hi from India. The concierge at the hotel says it won't be on the TV stations we get, so it'll only be available on the Internet. I used atdhe.net a lot during the regular seaon, but it seems to have been "seized" and off the air. Am I understanding correctly that on NFL.com I can pay $24.99 and get the game? Also, when I watch NFL.com videos, they stop and start - does that mean the game broadcast would be interrupted in the same way? Thanks for any advice!

Advice re watching Super Bowl in Delhi?

Boil the water ;)

Seriously though, isn't justin.tv still up?

Check the schedule in the local ESPN and the other sports channels (despite what your hotel says). In the early 2000's I watched 2 superbowls in India on ESPN - they get the feed from the network that broadcasts it here in the US. I am sure Rupert Murdoch has his claws in a couple of channels in India which he may use to rebroadcast his Fox's telecast. During the SuperBowl the announcers make statements like "its being broadcast to 160 countries!!". India has gotta be in amongst those 160 countries.

ESPN in Asia (Singapore-based, I think) has shown eery NFL playoff game. They'll probably show the SB, too.

ESPN in Asia (Singapore-based, I think) has shown eery NFL playoff game. They'll probably show the SB, too.

And I thought you were going to invite him over for the game. It can't be more than a few thousand miles (2200 per Google)

ESPN Asia is based out of Hong Kong. Anyway, they'll have the game. You need to go to the CBD, find the Intercontinental, Regency, Hyatt or Hilton and they will have the game on in the bar for the expats.

I would advise watching the game from atop an elephant as this would mitigate against surprise tiger attacks while your attention is elsewhere. Also, those sneaky cobras and crocks would be thwarted as well.

I would advise watching the game from atop an elephant as this would mitigate against surprise tiger attacks while your attention is elsewhere. Also, those sneaky cobras and crocks would be thwarted as well.

Too much Indiana Jones,eh ? ;)

Seriously, I just landed in India for a vacation and desperately searching for the feed. I checked ESPN and didn't anything remotely connected to NFL there. This is a cricket nation :eek:

If anyone can help us folks, half a world away to watch superbowl, that would be great !

Too much Indiana Jones,eh ? ;)

Seriously, I just landed in India for a vacation and desperately searching for the feed. I checked ESPN and didn't anything remotely connected to NFL there. This is a cricket nation :eek:

If anyone can help us folks, half a world away to watch superbowl, that would be great !

Such 'ignorant American' comments were my forte when I was working with dozens of software guys from Indier. :D

It's got to be available in Delhi, I think your concierge is drunk or something.

I got the SB when I was on a Carribean island that 99% of people I know never heard of

There's nothing like good deli for your Super Bowl party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes