PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Advice Needed: Redskins Game (at Fedex Field) Online Ticket Strategies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Living here in Maryland, looking to take my son to the Pats-Redskins game in a week and a half. I've been checking out Stubhub and the TicketNetwork/IQ Ticket thing on Boston.com.

Does it make sense to wait until the week of the game and hope the ticket prices fall as we get nearer to the game? Also, how confident can I be with Ebay, Ticketnetwork or Stubhub that the tickets will be real?

Any words of wisdom are appreciated.

I used stub hub for celtics playoffs and finals tickets. Also went to the pats-jets game last year in NY..got those on stubhub..all legit..you will pay more but i have never had an issue

Living here in Maryland, looking to take my son to the Pats-Redskins game in a week and a half. I've been checking out Stubhub and the TicketNetwork/IQ Ticket thing on Boston.com.

Does it make sense to wait until the week of the game and hope the ticket prices fall as we get nearer to the game? Also, how confident can I be with Ebay, Ticketnetwork or Stubhub that the tickets will be real?

You can't go wrong with Stubhub or ticketmaster ticket exchange. I've never had a problem with Ebay either, but I guess there is some risk there. However Ebay owns Stubhub, so you can now view both ebay auctions and stubhub tickets on ebay. Just bought Guns N Roses tickets off of stubhub and had no problem with it.

I planned on going to that game as I live in Stafford, VA. But my son's AYF team made the AYF national championships down at Disneyland and I won't be back until the Saturday before the game. And I don't think I'll be up for going to the game after the long drive home.

Last edited:

I'm going to the Pats-Skins game and got my tix about three months ago on eBay. You might have your best luck there price-wise. You have a good degree of protection paying with Paypal.

hey...Shmess....here

New England Patriots Tickets, 2011 New England Patriots Schedule - Ace Ticket.com

used any/all known for the four major spoirts in Beantown...ACE never fails me...call them...tell them when, how much you'll pay, latest call back etc....I use them for the Sox games all summer...consistently lower than the other guys...

Thanks everyone - - you guys are giving great insight as I knew I would get here.

Thanks, Joker, but when I click on that Aceticket website, the stadium map shows no tickets available - - all they show is a travel package from Boston for $599/person for that Redskins game. Since I'm already down here, I'm just looking for tickets. I'm finding good stuff in the meantime on the Stubhub site and am just debating right now whether to wait a few more days if the prices go down closer to game day.

Last edited:
yeah...that's normal SOP...call them during the day....I called for a Yanks game that was listed sold out on their site...the guy called me back an hour after I asked him to find what he could...had seats everywhere in all price ranges.

BTW, if price isn't a major concern, I suggest you look for seats in the 100's...you'll need telephoto binocs if you sit in the 300's

wait...major misunderstanding here...the game is IN Washington???

Yup...E-Bay or Stub Hub...ACE won't have that ticket

Last edited:
I've always done well on ebay.

So it sounds like there will be a few of us there for that game. Im flying in for it, and my Dad and brother are flyin in from Boston too.

yeah...that's normal SOP...call them during the day....I called for a Yanks game that was listed sold out on their site...the guy called me back an hour after I asked him to find what he could...had seats everywhere in all price ranges.

BTW, if price isn't a major concern, I suggest you look for seats in the 100's...you'll need telephoto binocs if you sit in the 300's

wait...major misunderstanding here...the game is IN Washington???

Yup...E-Bay or Stub Hub...ACE won't have that ticket

Thanks for trying, man. Yeah, the game is down here and Stubhub and that Boston.com link to Ticketnetwork/IQ seem to be giving me good options. I've been looking for anything in sections 120-123 (behind the Pats bench as close to the field as possible) and am just trying to get the best price for the lowest row. I'm guessing the field level boxes just below (the double digit sections) would probably pose a sightline problem for my son.

Edit again...

I just realized you were asking about the Redskins game in Washington. :)

Last edited:
Heres 2 tickets, 35 yard line 2nd level for $157.00 Not bad. Buy Sports, Music and Theater Tickets at Washington Post Id rather be sitting up a bit to see the whole field.

Ive bought tickets from Ebay and Stubhub and even out of classifieds in newspapers without any problems. If possible, I always create a paper trail paying with a certified bank check, emails back and forth and the sellers phone number/address.

I Already got my tickets (upper deck) to the game and I was wondering how many folks from Pats Fans will be at the game. This is my wife's first NFL game and my first game since a Monday night game in Denver when Bledsoe, Martin and Glenn were on the team.

Do any of you have advice regarding the fans, traffic, tailgating or anything else that crosses your mind at Fedex?

Last edited:
I Already got my tickets (upper deck) to the game and I was wondering how many folks from Pats Fans will be at the game. This is my wife's first NFL game and my first game since a Monday night game in Denver when Bledsoe, Martin and Glenn were on the team.

Do any of you have advice regarding the fans, traffic, tailgating or anything else that crosses your mind at Fedex?

I bought my tickets back in August. Two tickets in the 3XX section was $193 total. Some outfit in Chicago.

Hey Shmes

The Redskins don't put individual game tickets on sale until the week or week before the game. I learned this in August.

I would check there first.

Having bought tickets from various sites, the price variances are immaterial.

I would have imagined with their season, prices should have fallen alot.

My tickets for the game were 3XX section/ $193 total/ purchased in August.

OK the one and only way I get away tix every year ,I go to atleast 1 away is put a WANTED on craigslist away city obvy. I always specify first 10 rows on pats side and have not been let down yet I also post my price like,last week I posted 400 for the pair wanted for philly got row 6 visitors for 375 for the pair.I also put my phone number in ad as well then wait for the calls ,it's easy to tell if their for real, then ask them to send a request for payment via paypal good luck
BTW last year got row 1 in cleveland for 200 the pair and the year b4
I got bills 1st row for 65 each unbelievable compared to what my lowers cost here 169 each

I don't know if the Redskins are like the Pats in that they have their own resail section that is only open to season tickets waiting list folks. But if they do you might want to join the waiting list and then use that. Once the season is over you can quit the waiting list and get your deposit back.

I have a friend who a Dolphins fan who is on the Patriots season tickets waiting list. Doesn't want to be a season ticket holder, but figures there is no risk of that happening as long as Brady is on the team. Just put himself on the list to buy tickets thru the resale section once a year.

You guys are the best. Thanks so much for all the info/advice. It's much appreciated! Not completed yet, but I think I have a good beat on some tix at this point.

Last edited:

I am going to that game!! The Patriots are giving me tickets. Im not sure where the seats are, but the package I won, I got 2 tickets round trip airfare, 2 nights hotel stay at the Madison Hotel, I find out next week about the tickets for the seating at fedex AND I got an authentic Patriots jersey(Brady). I cant wait for next week!! It will be nice to drop my son at the inlaws and take my fiance to see them beat the hell out of the redskins!!:rocker:

I am going to that game!! The Patriots are giving me tickets. Im not sure where the seats are, but the package I won, I got 2 tickets round trip airfare, 2 nights hotel stay at the Madison Hotel, I find out next week about the tickets for the seating at fedex AND I got an authentic Patriots jersey(Brady). I cant wait for next week!! It will be nice to drop my son at the inlaws and take my fiance to see them beat the hell out of the redskins!!:rocker:

Fiance vs wife explains the son being dropped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes