PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Advice for going to my 1st game @ Gillette

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamBam

Rookie
Reaction score
Hi everyone, 1st time poster here. Going to see my 1st game @ Gillette stadium and figured this would be a good place to get advice.

2 questions:

What time should we head out (from Boston) for both tailgating and non-tailgating?

What are the best tailgating places?

Please feel free to add your advice on food and the likes!

BamBam said:
Hi everyone, 1st time poster here. Going to see my 1st game @ Gillette stadium and figured this would be a good place to get advice.

2 questions:

What time should we head out (from Boston) for both tailgating and non-tailgating?

dont park inside the stadium parking lot
i like to go right around the enterprise car place

I like the train, don't do much tailgaiting, too many impaired folks on the way out... $10.00 round trip is a pretty good deal.

BamBam said:

2 questions:

Tailgating -- leave at 9-9:30 at the latest. Otherwise, 10:30-11.

Look for a private lot about a mile from the stadium. A bit of a walk, but you'll be able to zip into traffic right away after the game.

Don't forget the beer. And your tickets.

Leave Boston around 9:30...certainly no later than 10:00.

you can tailgate in all lots. Have fun!

try to get to the stadium lots @9:30 to 10:00. if you wan't to taigate.
if you leave boston @10:00 by the time you get parked it could be11:00 to11:30 whitch won't leave you much time to tailgate.:rocker:

Tunescribe said:
Tailgating -- leave at 9-9:30 at the latest. Otherwise, 10:30-11.

Look for a private lot about a mile from the stadium. A bit of a walk, but you'll be able to zip into traffic right away after the game.
Yep, that's my MO. And park on the side of rt. 1 where you will NOT have to cross traffic to drive home. I guess that's the stadium side for you. It's the opposite side for me.

Make sure you save some food and cold drinks for AFTER the game, just in case you are stuck in traffic or the parking lot!

Don't forget to put on the sunscreen. All you have to is get the back of your neck burnt once in these September games and you'll never forget it again.

parking lots open 4 hours before kickoff (9:00am). plan on getting there at 9:00 am. right when the gates open. Bring lots of food and beer for before and after the game. After the game go ahead and fire up the grill again and plan on hanging out for a while, there are always people hanging around afterwards watching the 2nd game of the day that will start at 4:00 pm. There is always a tailgating neighbor with a TV. Your commute home will be a pleasure with no traffic. error on the side of too much food & beer because you can never have enough of either.

Thanks for the tips.
I'm coming down from Maine and I intended on just parking in one of the Gillette parking lots. I'm having second thoughts due to the talk about traffic.
Where should I park?

Are there other (non-Gillette) lots that give better access to the escape route?

Can you park on the side of Rt.1?

This is my first at Gillette...since Sullivan Stadium!

It's myself and four other guys-any tips would be appreciated.

If you plan on tailgating after don't worry about the stadium lots. If your there for an hour or two after the game they are pretty much empied out. You cannot park on the road itself if that's what your asking. All the lots are right off it though. If your sitting on the Pats side of the stadium make sure you jave sun glasses otherwise you'll be blinded the whole game. If on the visitors side you may need them for the first half or so but then it's fine later on. Also make sure you have your ticket ready when you go down/up the aisle to your seat. In the old days they cared less but now they check most off the time for most of the game, that includes going to get food/beer during the game.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Some really good stuff in here. I think I've got an idea of what to do now.

PatsRI said:
If you plan on tailgating after don't worry about the stadium lots. If your there for an hour or two after the game they are pretty much empied out. You cannot park on the road itself if that's what your asking. All the lots are right off it though. If your sitting on the Pats side of the stadium make sure you jave sun glasses otherwise you'll be blinded the whole game. If on the visitors side you may need them for the first half or so but then it's fine later on. Also make sure you have your ticket ready when you go down/up the aisle to your seat. In the old days they cared less but now they check most off the time for most of the game, that includes going to get food/beer during the game.

Thanks for the info

Parking is $35 to $40, ($35 in the stadium lots). I use the stadium lots (P8) and plan to get there no later than 9:30 because of construction. Traffic is guaranteed to be a mess if they reroute traffic like they did in the preseason. See the note below from the Pats. You may want to park before you get close to Gillette:

"Those attending Sunday's game will notice some changes have been made to the Gillette Stadium parking lots and pedestrian walkways to improve traffic flow for vehicles and pedestrians.

* From the North, the P5 gate has been closed. All general traffic should enter gates P2 and P10 North (P10N). Patrons with disabilities should enter either P2 or P4 to ensure easier access to Gillette Stadium.

* From the South, the P9 gate has been closed. All general traffic should enter gates P6, P8 or P10 South (P10S). Patrons with disabilities should enter P6 to ensure easier access to Gillette Stadium.

* From the North and South, the P10 parking lots have been expanded in size to ensure sufficient parking for all patrons.

* Bus parking is now located in P10.

* Recreational vehicle (RV) parking will continue to be located in P10.

* A new pedestrian crossway on Route 1 has been added in front of the P10 lot.

Traffic advisory signage along Route 1 will assist in directing fans to parking lots with space available. As always, the Patriots encourage fans to be safe and allow ample time to arrive, park and enter the stadium for the 1 p.m. kickoff".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots