PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Advice for a Pennsylvanian who is thinking about NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in N.C. and got the NFL package 4 years ago. Watched every game ever since. Last year was kind of a rip off because about 10-12 games were locally broadcast so I would have been able to watch them anyway. Oh well I can't risk not being able to see the game and I get to see any other game I want. It's worth it to me. They have only raised it like 30 bucks since I first signed up so it hasn't been a huge increase.

The signal is rarely disrupted. Tornadoes or extremely heavy thinderstorms may do it but that's about it.

I even get games on my iPhone now!

Ditto, two years ago they were running a sign-up special, sign up early and get Superfan for free. I called up and said that I get it automatically renewed every years, so do I qqalify for the free Superfan? She said, sure, and got it for free!!!!

Really?!?! Wow, I'm calling today!

It's absolutely worth the money, especially if you have DVR. Haven't missed a single Pats game since I got Sunday Ticket. I couldn't imagine not having it now.

I live in NC and I've had NFL Sunday Ticket for about 13 years and no complaints. Of Course, I don't tell my wife about the 2007 season where about 4-5 games weren't nationally televised (so it ended up costing about 50 dollars per game), but it's like insurance.

I know I'm going to get every game. A side benefit is that you also get the NFL Network as well (atleast I do) so you'll get their 6 games + programs as well.

Last edited:
I live in NC and I've had NFL Sunday Ticket for about 13 years and no complaints. Of Course, I don't tell my wife about the 2007 season where about 4-5 games weren't nationally televised (so it ended up costing about 50 dollars per game), but it's like insurance.

I know I'm going to get every game. A side benefit is that you also get the NFL Network as well (atleast I do) so you'll get their 6 games + programs as well.

Haha. Same thing last year maybe even worse. Every week I would check the tv maps of what games I would be getting and it seemed like almost every week they had the Pats on. I think I ended up actually paying for 4 games. Greensboro area.

I might end up jumping from Comcast to DirecTV by this fall once they get their Sunday Ticket promotion running. I don't know how many Pats games will be on here in Minny outside of:

- The Thanksgiving Detroit game
- The Indy game which I'm 100% certain will be an NBC Sunday night game
- The Vikes visit to Gillette at whatever point in the season

I live in Hawaii and had the Ticket. It was awesome, on Sunday's I would have friends bring over TVs and watch 3-4 games at a time, it was great. I liked the DVR and other channels much more than cable too. I would absolutely do it.

Do you mean that you missed 4 - 5 games?

Do you mean that you missed 4 - 5 games?

What he means is that if he didn't have the NFL package he would have been able to watch 11 - 12 games free locally anyway. So basically the package is for those 4 - 5 games. At $250 or more for the package thats a lot per game. That's the problem I had last year. A ton of Patriot games were aired locally so I was paying like $50 a game to watch the Pats. Granted you do get every game plus the NFL network so if you're getting it just for Patriot games don't be bummed when they locally broadcast the Pats game because it will happen.

Like he said it's like insurance. The game will be on Sunday no matter what and that's a comforting feeling for me.

What he means is that if he didn't have the NFL package he would have been able to watch 11 - 12 games free locally anyway. So basically the package is for those 4 - 5 games. At $250 or more for the package thats a lot per game. That's the problem I had last year. A ton of Patriot games were aired locally so I was paying like $50 a game to watch the Pats. Granted you do get every game plus the NFL network so if you're getting it just for Patriot games don't be bummed when they locally broadcast the Pats game because it will happen.

Like he said it's like insurance. The game will be on Sunday no matter what and that's a comforting feeling for me.

If you watch the 1:00 Pats game, either locally or not, isn't it true that the only choice you can make after that is the 4:00 game?

What Larry said.

Plus, with the NFL Network + local broadcasts (and Sunday Ticket), you can watch any and all games in a season. in addition, the NFL network will rebroadcast 4 games Tuesday/Wednesday will all the chatter and most replays taken out. You can watch a whole game in 1.5 hours (I believe, it might be 2, but I'm fairly certain it's 1.5).

If you watch the 1:00 Pats game, either locally or not, isn't it true that the only choice you can make after that is the 4:00 game?

That's true. It was one of the things I was thinking about last year. Seems like there was always like 8 games on at 1pm and only 3 or 4 at 4. I love the Pats at 1 on Sunday but the times they are not, which is at least 3 or 4 times a year you get to flip through all the games and that is pretty cool. I guess it's just a matter of where you want to spend your money. I don't go to the movies or buy music so I spend my entertainment dollar on the NFL package to ensure I'll be able to see the Pats every week.

It's expensive compared to the baseball package which is about half and you get 10 times as many games but I need to see that 11 minutes of actual Pats football action every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back