Welcome to PatsFans.com

Advertisers drop Michael Savage

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Jan 23, 2008.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Advertisers drop Michael Savage.

[​IMG]

Less than a week after Brave New Films launched a campaign against hate-radio host Michael Savage, four advertisers have pulled their ads from his radio show. The United Service Organizations (USO), however, is refusing to drop Savage and has demanded that Brave New Films “take the necessary steps to remove USO from [its] website entirely.”

enjoy the film... i did...

what a moron this guy is...
  2. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

he is a zionist tool terrorist...
  3. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

He's no moron. A big percentage of the people who participate right here in this sub-forum follow his words lock stock and barrel.

I know this because EEI is almost constantly going to commercial. If I'm driving and one of EEI's 2 hour commercial breaks comes up I switch, first to WBZ, then over to 96.9 FM. What Savage is Hitlering on and on about at 2pm shows up here at Patsfans by 8pm almost every day.
  4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

lol.... sure is... especially from our favorite senior citizen...
  5. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You really have a problem with discernment, don't you?

If the facts hit you between the eyes, you wouldn't realize it.

Why bother even trying to wake up the herd?

They don't care about being bamboozled.

They don't care about anything except their small social insecurity (biggest ponzi scheme ever) check every month.

I could keep on ranting for hours on how pathetic they sound...

but I have better things to do.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  6. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

The Michael Savage show is great. He is a great entertainer.
    He also has a lot of liberal views. In fact, it's hard to tell he is a conservative. He despises Bush - thinks he is a moron. Hates how we spend money, hates illegal immigration, hates everyone in congress, hates hannity, hates limbaugh, hates clinton, hates rudy, hates romney, hates everyone. That's prolly why he is the owner of the best show on the radio.
  7. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

It's really just best to ignore it. I don't get all the anti Jew stuff that is often thrown around from both sides of the aisle :confused:
  8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

based on what? where is it reported he's the "best show on the radio?" just your opinion? i mean, that's fine... if kill-'em-all hate-speech is your thing...

consider, however, that among 125 stations, my area doesn't even pick his pathetic show up...
  9. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Its my opinion.. and the "kill'em'all hate speech" is all taken WAY out of context. If you actually sit down and listen to his show a few times you definitely see an entirely different person then what he's made out to look like. Most of his shows are stories he tells about his life anyway, he hardly does politics anymore.
  10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

please don't insult the forum's intelligence by sugarcoating his format... i heard his pap every day when i lived in Florida... NOTHING is taken out of context... nothing...

did you go to the site in the original post? ... you don't take "shove it up your ass, Muslims" out of context.... he's a biggoted, intolerant ass-hat of the highest order...
  11. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Yes, I watched that... and I also heard it when it came on the radio (live, although I received it at 9whatever pm). He has also said "They can fast till they starve to death."

Now that by itself looks way to harsh. That's what got him in trouble in the first place. But now if you put it in context:
    "It is like a father telling a child 'You won't eat your peas? Fine, don't eat them. Starve to death.' If they want to be stubborn and fast fine, they can fast till they starve to death. It's like talking to a child."

Also when you put it into the context and listen to how it was said, it was very obviously sarcastic. The video you have there is a segment of his show (Which btw he is suing that website because they have illegally taken his copyrighted material to use to slander him) that he was being pretty cruel, yeah, I'll give it that. Not much you can argue against what he said in that video clip - except that if you heard the entire thing it would offer a bit different perspective.

I often joke with my friends and say "I'm going to kill you." Am I really going to kill them? No. It's joking and understood between the two of us it's a joke. If you took that "I am going to kill you." without any of the context around it then yeah, it sounds like I should prolly' have my head checked.

And besides, most of the stuff he says is on par with most of the stuff everyone else says anyway - as far as hate speech goes. Just listen to obamas preacher :bricks:
  12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

Do you think he could portray the same outrage and attract the same audience if he went by his Brooklyn birth name, Michael Weiner?? Some how that does not carry the same weight or cache as Michael Savage..
  13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

ah yes... how could i forget?...

i usually refer to him as 'Weiner' when i blog...

he certainly is a d*ck... that's clear...
  14. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Why the obsession with Savage? Is he still on the radio?

Keep drumming up righteous indignation and you'll keep him fresh in people's minds. If you want people like him to go away then treat him like most people treat Air America.

Air who?
  15. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 5 / -2

I think I flew them on my way to Florida this past weekend. That's a discount airline.

As for Savage, if you don't like him, don't listen. I probably catch about 10-20 minutes a month if I'm in my car at night and happen to switch stations. I'm not even sure what station he's on, or at what time. At any rate, he's like an Archie Bunker, Harry Boy type of the airwaves. He's over the top as are most hosts, but I think he's funny is a grouchy grandpa sort of way. I like when he reads news stories and inserts his sarcastic commontary. I haven't heard that part in a year. I just never really listen.
  16. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

Savage, like Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Howie Carr, etc., is part of the angry white man syndrome. The angry white man is he who feels he has lost his place of privilege, first to blacks, then to women, now to Latinos. People like Savage are part of the lasp gasp of white male privilege. Yes, I think the phenomenon of these unattractive losers on radio has to do with race and gender.
  17. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +496 / 2 / -9

The Nasty Hateful Left Wing Solution:
    If you can'r compete with them, Censor Them, Shut Them Up, Destroy Them.

The Nasty Hateful Left Wing Philosophy:
    We are the truth and the way, we know what is best for you, we are always right, we are the saviors of humanity, if you don't believe in us You Are Wrong.

My Reply:
    Kiss My White A$s. :singing:
  18. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 5 / -2

Kill Whitey! It's the white man's fault dammit! The funny part about all this is that it tends to be the appologist crowd that hates talk radio. Why? Maybe because the public hates appologist policies, and talk show hosts talk nonappologism. So for people like Patters, the sooner these people are silenced the better. That's why you saw all the talk about the Fairness Doctrine after the debacle that was the Amnesty Bill. See, it was talk radio that fueled it's demise. Were it not for the people, the working man, that travesty of suitcase nuke would've been passed with no hearings. Patters views talk radio as the demise of the white man, while talk radio's continued success simply proves how out of touch, or partisan, people like he, can be. When Appologism America opened on the airwaves, the mesage was so well accepted by the public that it went bancrupt. We all know how that game works right? In a free market, when your message & platform go bancrupt, despite the financial backing of millbillionaire's, the next best step is a Fairness Doctrine. Afterall, it's all about free speech. The freedom of one group to restrict and mandate that of another. :rolleyes: I know though, Patters wants debate and discussion. He wants everyone to be able to freely express their point of view. It's part of being (in)tolerant of differing views. :bricks:
  19. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I would agree there's a little of that, but honestly I think it's unfair to lump all those people together. Maybe Limbaugh and Howie (though I enjoy Howie and don't like Limbaugh at all), but Savage is a whole nother animal (no pun intended). He is a very angry guy, and WAYYYY too much of a fatalist. But he does make me laugh sometimes. Other times I shut the radio off in disgust. O'Reilly, believe it or not, is not just a schill for the Republican party. I know people like to assume that, but he's really not. I used to watch his show regularly and I do catch part of his radio show everyday. He reguarly disagrees with conservatives and liberals alike, though he definitely leans conservative (which he calls "traditionalist"). He's also pompous and over the top sometimes, but I really do think he strives to get all opinions on his show. (Despite the fact that he tends to try and be a verbal bully at times.)

As for Savage delivering "hate speech" what politcal radio show host doesn't? Franken hates lots of things.
  20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +496 / 2 / -9

Liberals don't believe that Liberals are capable of "hate speech"