Welcome to PatsFans.com

Adult Halloween Party ideas...

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by mcgraw_wv, Oct 20, 2008.

1. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I'm looking for unique ideas for a Adult Halloween Party... This will be the 3rd year we're throwing the bash, we already go all out wiht decorations and lighting everything looks really creepy... and we are expecting 1/3 more people this year.

The previous 2 years we had a solid good time with drinks, costume contests, music and trivia ( bar format )... I'm looking to add another something that will illicit laughs and good times.

Since there could be up to 40 people, I'm looking for something that would involve many people, which is why trivia is a huge hit, as everyone breaks into teams, and there isn't much need for quite or listening accept when the question is asked...

Any Ideas?
  2. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I don't know. Games sounds boring to me. Best to just give people plenty of room to socialize. A friend of mine was renting a big old mansion in Newburyport MA and he had probably the best Halloween party I ever went to at that house. It had small rooms and large rooms and huge porch along that back with 12 foot ceiling. It had several fireplaces that you could almost stand up in. In some he had fires going and an outdoor fire in the back yard by the guest house. In the largest room he had non stop music you could dance to and everyone had a great time.

No,I'm not suggesting you need a big old house but, it's best that people feel they can mingle around. Try and have different seating areas. Open areas in the kitchen to stand. Some music if you have the room. If the party starts to wind down to a smaller group you may then consider a game.
  3. dalero

dalero PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Bobbing For Clam Fritters is a very challenging but yet entertaining game.
  4. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Jello shots are cheap and tasty. You could do orange jello with vodka - yummy!

One thing that's always a hit at my parties is Drink Ball - a college game no doubt and you may not enjoy it at your party ...

Two teams of two. They stand across a table with an unopened beer in front of each person - one person at each corner. They throw the ball across the table aiming for the other persons can. If the ball hits the can then both team members open their beers and begin to drink it quickly. If they miss, then the next person goes. First team to finish both beers wins the game!

We one time had close to 40 people all enjoying this game, everyone crowded around and rooted for certain teams. We even came up with team names and a breakdown of who beat who - with a league champion :p

Another hit - take a watermelon and cut a hole in it. Take Malibu rum and turn it upside down into the watermelon - open of course. The alcohol will seep into the watermelon -everyone who takes a bite will certainly have a good time.

What is ALWAYS good - dress up as a happy looking scarecrow and sit on your front porch with a candle bowel on your lap - a sign saying "free candy". Try to make your costume as innocent as possible. When someone comes to take candy quickly jump up. Record this or have people watching on a CRT inside - f***ing hilarious!

Glow in the dark stuff with strobe lights in certain corners are great decorations. Also, open a glow stick and mix it with baking powder. SLIME BABY! Just don't eat.

A bit cornier - literally - take a picture of each guest as they arrive and print it out. Paste candy corn around it as a frame. give it out as a party gift.

Need anymore let me know - I throw lots of parties. :)

[​IMG]
  5. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

We do the drinking games at other parties... And Although drinking games are fun, they are common place and really don't make a memorable party on a special event.

It's just a drinking game and people have fun...

Games, I know sounds wack, but people love the Bar formatted Trivia becuase it is very social, and it gives the large groups a purpose to socialize... which is why I like the trivia and it's a huge hit.

I found out what my extra part to the party will be...

It's called the Winking Murder Game...

The premise is, when you enter the party you draw from a hat, on the slip of paper is instructions on how you will die if the murderer winks at you... One one of the slips is instructyions on how to be the murderer.

The person who performs their death the best... wins a prize, and the murder must be sly with their winks, if they are found out, they lose their prize...

This game is a non-active game, and will make for lots of spontaneous laughter... Plus some mystery as people who catch the murderer, wins a prize as well... So people will be on the look out for people that are winking...

The cool trick is, once the murderer winks at you, you have 3 minutes to perform your death...
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  6. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

two words: Key Party.
  7. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +899 / 17 / -24

No Jersey Selected

Stripper poles with hot zombie strippers to dance on them.
  8. Scouse Patriot

Scouse Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Does this mean a party with whips, strippers and orgies or a party for older people....

If it's the former can I come?
  9. randt

randt Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We went to a party a couple of years back which was all adult....loads of fun. everyone dressed up ....the host/hostess made everyone aware of their intentions as this was not going to be a kids party....guests were for-warned, knowing if anyone felt uncomfortabe they could decline the invite. needless to say everyone was dressed up and the ladies all had sexxy or scantily clad costumes. amazing how many people let down their guard and inhibitions. it was our first party like that and we had a ball as did everyone else. the hosts had prizes for best costume; games were played...just a fun evening if you know what i mean.

food for thought. ;)
  10. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

What age bracket will the crowd be?
  11. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +899 / 17 / -24

No Jersey Selected

I have a better idea than the one I presented earlier. Make it a lemonparty.

(for those of you who have no idea what that is, Google image search "lemonparty")
  12. fourthandmiles

fourthandmiles Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Get some good prizes for costumes. It is nice to see people make the effort instead of being too cool. ALcohol maybe? Start off with nips for consolation prizes bottle of wine for second and third place and a Big ass bottle of Jack for the winner. Encourge them to share after winning. :D
  13. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0

You scarred me for life.
  14. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Sounds like our party...
    Girls all have their "Legs Avenue" costumes on, and the title of our invite says "ADULTS ONLY"...
  15. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Thats EXACTLY what we do... we hae a grab bag for the lesser prizes which are filled with ****ty halloween nick nacks and little shots of liqour... the main prize is a huge bottle, which typically gets opened up on the spot...

I think the best addition to our party tonight will be the winking murder game. Everyone who comes in draws a "death", and it must be acted out when a hidden secret murder winks at you... someone randomly gets selected to be the murderer. Then all night we watch spontaneous stupid acts of death like "Air Guitair to Death" and "Dance to Death" and who ever has the best death scene wins a prize...

Imagine talking with a friend, perhaps a girl your trying to hook up with, and you glance at someone winking at you, you then have 3 minutes to "SWORD FIGHT WITH THE PERSON CLOSEST TO YOU TO DEATH"... the girl is really into you, and all of a sudden you have to pretend sword fight with her...

Funny ass spontaneous comedy... If the murderer can remain hidden and kill everyone by the end of the night, they win aprize all to themselves... if the murder is found out, all remaining alive people share the prize...
  16. Keegs

Keegs Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

try a party with hookers. cheap Northern European ones.
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  17. randt

randt Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Did you have your party yet this year? Are you guys in it? :D
  18. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Party was a hit, everyone had a blast... bought about 300 worth of beer and liqour and we went through everything accept 3 12 packs...

It was a blast, and eVERYONE loved the winking murder game... people were dropping left and right and taking everyone by surprise and it was halarious.
  19. randt

randt Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

winking muder game? never heard of it
  20. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I talk about the game just 4 posts prior to yours... it was hilarious!