Welcome to PatsFans.com

Adrian Wilson : When BB Calls, You Listen!

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by DaBronxPats14, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaBronxPats14

DaBronxPats14 Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

When people doubt our organization and question our motives It's really cool to see how players from other teams having respect and look not at negatives but hard work, commitment and longevity of success of "patriot Way" Great example is A Wilson basically calls it a no brainer to sign with Pats and playing for BB his first choice.

Wilson: Patriots my top choice - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston
  2. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +269 / 6 / -4

Well, this flies directly in the face of what some in this forum have been arguing the past week or so.
  3. DaBronxPats14

DaBronxPats14 Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

JB I come to find more & more how much respect other/rival team players have for us when their released or UFA. Guess their closet Pats admirers because how can you dismiss success and bein at or close to BIG dance year in & year out.
  4. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Rookie

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Another guy who didn't get the Suggs memo.
  5. Danger Zone

Danger Zone On the Roster

Ratings:
    +334 / 0 / -4

Equally impressive is what the Players who have played here say about Belichick and the Patriots after they leave.

That list includes more than a handful who are not known for being shy about speaking their minds -especially after the fact.

And does anyone think that Welker would have missed this opportunity to at least hint about Belichick if there was anything worth hinting about?
  6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +472 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

He offered a years worth of Pampers to Arrington for #24.
  7. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +877 / 16 / -24

No Jersey Selected

Sounds good to me. Just hope he's not a total liability in coverage.
  8. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -1

#95 Jersey

I can see he being sub'd when passing downs come up if he does become an issue. But should be big help on running downs
  9. Grayrider16

Grayrider16 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Keep seeing that Wilson will be a liability in coverage and I can't but chuckle as if the Patriots don' give up the most deep pass balls in the league. Maybe he is not a vintage Neon Sanders but he could be an upgrade no matter what.
  10. ausbacker

ausbacker Brady > Manning. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +255 / 3 / -2

#51 Jersey

Sign with the Patriots...

[​IMG]
  11. Joey007

Joey007 Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

#91 Jersey

I don't really expect him to put up a whole lot of production. But I've been waiting for a leader like him in the secondary since Rodney left.
  12. Coach42

Coach42 Rookie

Ratings:
    +45 / 2 / -12

#87 Jersey

People respect winning.

Side note, I remember Bart Scott on Inside the NFL on showtime picking the Ravens to beat the Pats in the Championship game because the Ravens had more, what he called "Goo Goblins". Translation really tough intimidating players. I think I actually agree with him that the Pats need more blood and guts Bryan Cox bad asses. This signing is a step in the right direction.
  13. Wotan_the_Wanderer

Wotan_the_Wanderer Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think they got it. It's just that more people in the league hate Suggs more than the Patriots.
  14. Wotan_the_Wanderer

Wotan_the_Wanderer Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Music to my ears. I actually wouldn't mind seeing questionable 15 yard penalties go against the Pats following hard hits in the first half of games so long as it means the defense plays with more swagger.
  15. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +877 / 16 / -24

No Jersey Selected

Then he'd be a useless signing as our run defense was not the issue last year.
  16. DaBronxPats14

DaBronxPats14 Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Yup UR, Goes to show how many people don't have his thinking when like I mentioned mediots go "Hate" route to Sell and opposing players aren't buying.
  17. DaBronxPats14

DaBronxPats14 Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

C42 if a player is serious about winning and puts that as Priority One then best road to a championship should start in NE. Having a chance to play with/for TB & BB will influence opposing players thinkin to want to consider being here.
  18. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +416 / 5 / -1

Wilson is a liar. He came here because of Brady, not Belichick. No one comes to New England because of Belichick. Just ask Greg Doyle.
  19. FCB02062

FCB02062 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 6 / -6

He will be 34 next season. He is reportedly "better against the run" in a passing league and on a team with a traditionally terrible pass defense. This isn't 2001, people, and we're not playing Pittsburgh who's going to run 40 times a game and pass 25 times. Might be cut in camp...would that surprise anyone, given all the aging veterans Belichick signs only to cut them in camp?
  20. patfanken

patfanken On the Roster

Ratings:
    +259 / 14 / -8

#91 Jersey

Hey Kontra, haven't you gotten the damned memo yet. We are playing in a league where EVERYONE sucks on pass defense. Haven't you heard, the worst F'en QB's complete 55% of their passes, the good ones are close to 70%. Tell me who looks good at pass protection in that environment.

Like all good "older" players Wilson has lost something off his fast ball, and has made up for some of it, with his vast experience. The key to successfully playing this type of player is not asking him to do what he can't, and taking advantage of what he can.

In my mind that means you have Wilson using those great instincts to jump patterns in the middle, especially ones in the short to mid range. That also means using him in sub packages as the coverage LB, where his speed becomes an asset not a liability. That means adding his size and physicality to a secondary that badly needs it. That means improving your overall team, by adding a consummate professional to your locker room and practice field, as a valuable mentor to a rather young secondary.

This was a great signing that made the secondary better because of reasons that go beyond his flaws.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.