PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adrian Wilson signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, that makes two defensive backs named Wilson. Geno Capelletti is going to be confused. He does not approve!

Big safety, 6-3 230.
Ran 4.53 at a combine back in the 1980's sometime.

So here's the big-hitting safety.
Assume McCourty stays as the coverage safety.

Is there any role for Gregory? Although they eat $1.7mm in dead money, they save $900K by releasing him. Possible trade for a 6th/7th rounder?

This sits Wilson, which is just fine. Let him season another year.

Should be plenty of room for a corner - Talib, Asomougha, whomever.
And a RT, whether SeaBass or someone else.

Nice day.

Now she is sounding like Incarcerated Bob.

Erika Leigh ‏@_ErikaLeigh

Adrian Wilson is HUGE win for the #Patriots. Vet strong safety, inexpensive... still working to get details.

Someone mentioned that in another thread. She is Bob light.

McCourty and Wilson with Gregory as the backup is a nice upgrade. The pass rush could be better, too, with Armstead and Abraham (although I am not convinced.)

Time to add an elite corner and a sympathetic Lincoln, Nebraska judge.

Big safety, 6-3 230.
Ran 4.53 at a combine back in the 1980's sometime.

So here's the big-hitting safety.
Assume McCourty stays as the coverage safety.

Is there any role for Gregory? Although they eat $1.7mm in dead money, they save $900K by releasing him. Possible trade for a 6th/7th rounder?

This sits Wilson, which is just fine. Let him season another year.

Should be plenty of room for a corner - Talib, Asomougha, whomever.
And a RT, whether SeaBass or someone else.

Nice day.

Gregory is a good rotational safety. Didn't like him as a starter but I think I'd keep him in this role. Tavon and possibly another rookie to be developmental 2nd safety next to McCourty down the road.

hmmm supposedly a 3 year deal

Belichick must have taken him to the Ground Round.

Adrian Wilson is HUGE win for the #Patriots. Vet strong safety, inexpensive... still working to get details.

Thats all the proof I need

:)

Awesome news! Now BB lock up Talib and hopefully Sanders is too much for Steelers to retain and we can add him. Freeney/D'vill out there as well.
BB Pullin'da'trigga he's not done yet!

The naysayers observe that Wilson is a lot older than Rodney was when he came to the Pats.

Is there some countervailing factor such as injury history or something to balance that out?

Like the signing, but he wouldn't have been my first choice at safety.

I wouldn't be surprised if he signed for close to what he was slated to make for the Cardinals. Maybe a touch less since I think he got a new signing bonus last year. But 3/9 or 3/10 is a good guess.

5 safeties and only one that can cover. :bricks:

Like the signing, but he wouldn't have been my first choice at safety.

Per chance might your choice have been a certain Edward Earl Reed, Jr? ;)

How can you not be excited with this signing? Remember the SB safety tandem? He can't be any worse than Patrick Chung in coverage. 2x Wilson, McCourty, Gregory is a very solid unit. Forget about the CB play last season the Safetys were worse. Finally a vet in this secondary. Now get Talib and maybe this year the secondary could really improve.

As is the case with most of these 35 yr old vets the pats sign, he'll likely get cut in camp....john lynch anyone?

Well it looks like BB finally got that big nickle safety he has been looking for.

C'mon Bill get Talib back in and sign Abe and I will be a very happy patriot fan

Incarcerated Bobbette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back