PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adrian Peterson Says Teddy Bridgewater reminds him of Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep.

I do think Peterson hasn't seen and cannot comprehend the level of precision, intelligence and decision making TB12 has.

I think his statements are born from ignorance as opposed to hate and jeliously.
Oh, no doubt. If anything, that augments what I'm saying, though I can clearly see why you would say it's heavily slanted toward the "hate and jealousy" aspect. I don't think everyone criticizing the GREAT is out of hate or jealousy. Some of them are also ignorant to the other aspects of the QB position, especially in an offense as complex as the one NE employs. So yeah, I agree.

I don't think he was intending to be at all critical of Brady. I think he was trying to be complimentary. Just used the wrong adjective. Not that anyone around here has ever been guilty of that...

So he's comparing him to a cheater that destroys evidence and the integrity of the game, according to the opinions of 90% of the country?

I take more issue with the second part of the statement where he said that Brady needs his guys to be at a specific spot. TFB throws guys open better than anyone.

Why would you take issue with something that we all know, talk about, and admire?

The Brady/Patriots offense requires high precision passing to receivers who are in exactly the spot they're supposed to be.

Why would you take issue with something that we all know, talk about, and admire?

The Brady/Patriots offense requires high precision passing to receivers who are in exactly the spot they're supposed to be.
Because Brady still excels even when they're not in exactly the spot they're supposed to be, or when the coverage is tight. When Bridgewater can, for example, consistently throw low into a two foot window between two defenders so only his receiver can get it, AP might make a little more sense.

He takes the snap and throws the ball, so, yeah, he's kind of like Tom Brady.

1) Like most posters have said, he used the wrong adjective for what he was trying to say.... Tom is the best and most consistent at "average/easy" passes.
2) What he was trying to say is completely naive.... There's nothing average/easy about throwing short and intermediate option routes to tiny WR with ridiculous agility. It would be very easy to rack up a boatload of int's just by missing on throws by a foot in front/behind/high of the receiver.

Because Brady still excels even when they're not in exactly the spot they're supposed to be, or when the coverage is tight. When Bridgewater can, for example, consistently throw low into a two foot window between two defenders so only his receiver can get it, AP might make a little more sense.

Peterson's point was obvious. It's the same point that the Patriots and Patriots players, the media, and posters here, have been making for years.

Some of you may need to re-read (or read for the first time) the WSJ article:

Brady proceeded to deliver his signature pinpoint passes to Gonzalez. But in between throws, Brady grew more and more frustrated if his pass missed its target by even an inch.

After one pass hit Gonzalez squarely in the chest, Brady chided himself for not getting the ball a little further in front of his target. Gonzalez was confused—the pass was perfect. But Brady explained that if the ball had been a foot and a half in front of the receiver’s body, it would mean an extra three yards gained after the catch. (To be clear, this was in the dead of summer, with no defenders around and months before any meaningful games.)

When the Patriots signed Danny Amendola, Brady called him for a workout in California. Amendola quickly realized that Brady was determined to correct his splits—the distance between the quarterback and receiver—by a matter of inches. Around the same time, Amendola realized that Brady’s “catches” were not normal. “He’s looking at inches, making sure that you are lined up in your splits, getting your depth on routes, the speed coming in out of your breaks, he tries to emulate a game at all times,” Amendola said of their first game of catch. “We weren’t even going against any defenders and it was that detail-oriented.”

Peterson's point was obvious. It's the same point that the Patriots and Patriots players, the media, and posters here, have been making for years.

Some of you may need to re-read (or read for the first time) the WSJ article:
Sure thing.

To AP, there is the the long pass, the screen pass, and of course, the mediocre pass.
He just meant midrange. I think we just need to learn to understand his way of thinking and speaking.
Just like when he took the switch to his son's rear end: it was fatherly love performing the discipline needed so his son would grow up a slightly scarred but better man. WTF.

I really like Teddy and despite AP's terrible grammar we all know what he means and its true Teddy my bridge over troubled water has that passing skill set of an early Brady, obviously its very very very unlikely Teddy comes close to where tom has been but there is nothing wrong with what Peterson said.

Someone should take a switch to that Peterson guy. Here's one here...

Louisville Slugger.jpg

2 pages because the guy obviously mixed up the 'mid-ranged' and 'mediocre'?

The most Patsfans of threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back