PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adrian Peterson - "NFL Players Work in Modern Day Slavery"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian, while you are waiting for this little employer/employee squabble to end, I would suggest you read:

l_84f3e4922f34ebcb14aea329a3bef89f.jpg

Perhaps you won't be so casual with the word.

The players just need to keep their mouths shut, they just make their situation worse every time they talk.

And if All Day isn't happy with his work, didn't he get a full ride from Oklahoma a few years ago? He could try using his degree like normal people.

Last edited:
The players just need to keep their mouths shut, they just make their situation worse every time they talk.

And if All Day isn't happy with his work, didn't he get a full ride from Oklahoma a few years ago? He could try using his degree like normal people.
Slave quarters and working conditions were much better at Oklahoma. :cool:

OMG The players are being......

$$$$$$$$$ DISRESPECTED $$$$$$$$$$

Where have we heard this before kids???

I remember Warren Sapp made the same comment back in 2002 or so. It was an asinine comment then and it's an asinine comment now.

I wish we could get those two idiots in a time machine back to 1820 in Alabama and cry to some real slaves on a plantation about how much they can relate to each others problems.

Maybe AP should run for President so he can abolish slavery yet again. Of course he'd be risking getting shot by some irate owner while he's in a luxury box.

The ironic thing is what he is accusing the NFL of doing, he is taking money from Nike where they actually have factories that commit actual slave labor. Educating for Justice reports that between 25-50% of Nike's factories in Asia force their workers to work seven days a week for less than the region's minimum wage.

Great point.

If slaves were paid 60% of the revenue of the planatations and the owners had to pay all the expenses for seed, fertilizer, whatever else it costs to run a plantation, of course they wouldnt be slaves and before long, the owners would have been working for the slaves.

The idiocy of some of these "professional" athletes is astonishing.

only a 20 year old kid growing up in a time when we have a black President can compare geting paid millions to play a childs game to being forced to do hard labor while being beaten. i wonder what he's grandma has to say about he's stupid choice of words

Last edited:
I love it. Complete fail on Adrian's part and now he is going to come out and look like a complete buffoon while he recants his statement tomorrow.:)

If slaves were paid 60% of the revenue of the planatations and the owners had to pay all the expenses for seed, fertilizer, whatever else it costs to run a plantation, of course they wouldnt be slaves and before long, the owners would have been working for the slaves.

And if they could leave anytime they wanted to get another job in a different industry.

Not surprising... Warren Sapp said something similar a few years ago with regards to endzone celebrations being banned I believe. It's a disgusting comment that denigrates the true horror of chattel slavery that existed in the Western world. Both sides are going to resort to hyperbole to make their points I guess, but this is just offensive and moronic beyond comprehension.

Last edited:
It is these types of comments that really make me want the owners to stick it to the players moreso that I did before.

It is these types of comments that really make me want the owners to stick it to the players moreso that I did before.

Do you guys honestly think millionaires don't make similar types of comments? The world of these pampered rich guys is very different than the reality of middle-class America. I'd be willing to be that lots of players actually agreed with Peterson. Don't forget Ty Law's comments. I've heard Barkley go off over the years. Jared Allen too.

Ridiculous comment -- not just on its own but within the context of the rest of his statement.

That said, there sure seems to be a lot of animosity towards players in this thread. Why do you even watch the NFL if you hate the players as much as it sounds here?

There is a difference between hating the player and being unwilling to put up with the snobbing, arrogant, ignorant attitudes that some of these guys have.

A poorly worded attempt to point out that NFL players are one of very few employees who don't get to change their employer at the drop of a hat.

Anyway, Grant's comment is nice but also doesn't take it far enough. There are more people in slavery now than at any time in human history.

This is false. They CAN change their employer at the drop of the hat. There are 3 other Professional Football leagues he could choose to go to. The UFL, CFL or AFL. He just won't be paid as well.

He has a choice and I'm tired of people claiming that he doesn't.

And if they could leave anytime they wanted to get another job in a different industry.
If they were getting 60% of the revenue of the plantation, it wouldn't be necessary, they wouldn't want to leave. And before long, they'd become the owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back