PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adrian Gonzalez, Crawford, Beckett & Punto Trade Talk to Dodgers

im glad crawford is gone because i think it increases the chances of keeping ellsbury. that and i dont think crawford was cut out for boston. hes to sensitive. hes a very good player but dumping his insane deal was the way to go. i did like him. to bad he cant stay healthy.

im glad crawford is gone because i think it increases the chances of keeping ellsbury. that and i dont think crawford was cut out for boston. hes to sensitive. hes a very good player but dumping his insane deal was the way to go. i did like him. to bad he cant stay healthy.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in...
tumblr_lnx7r6XRzI1qccm2fo1_400.gif

All summer I have *****ed, moaned and groaned how much I hated this effing Red Sox team. Thank God In Heaven they made this deal! $216m off the books! Holy cow I cannot believe the actually had the balls to do it! I actually put the game on after returning home. Haven't watched for some time.

I wonder if this is viewed as a final grade of the Theo regime in the Yawkey way offices?

Now...before I get too giddy...I still absolutely hate the spin the front office has done, and I suspect will do again. I hate the selling of bricks, the pandering to Pink Hats, and Sweet effing Caroline. (among other things). However, this is a step of giant proportions in the right direction. I feel I can actually watch, even if they are below .500.

No surprise that Gonzalez homered his first at-bat. Still in disbelief that somehow the Boston media tricked Red Sox fans to want a guy to leave who hit 0.338 with a 0.410 on-base percentage last year (plus the gold glove defense).

Dodgers-Yankees world series could easily happen now. The Dodgers had nasty pitching last year and now they have a lethal batting lineup too.

i'm really surprised gonzo didn't work out for the red sox after that initial season

i thought he would be alot better in the al than having to play in petco

maybe he just got old extremely fast

Bobby V is...Ipecac
When management wants to extract poisons from their team, force the team to ingest some Bobby V....and all the poisons will be vomited out. Mission accomplished.....now back to Stanford to deal with some pressing safety concerns at Town Hall.
Looking at the lineup now.....
--three bonifide MLB players...Ortiz, Pedey and Jacoby
--one potential bonafide player...Middlebrooks
--two solid roster fillers....Salty and Ross
---the rest.....JAGs and AAA....sorry Loney, Aviles

Looking forward....the Elsbury decision....I find it interesting how Elsbury spent most of 2011 off campus, in Arizona, then returns with superhuman powers never displayed before.But under Sox care in '12.....back to ordinary human tendencies. Put me in the suspicious column.

I think most fans expect Agon to play well back on the west coast and Crawford to return to form next year, wouldnt be surprised if Becket pitches well either. As long as the Sox put a good team together and wins no one will care what goes on in lala land.
You must be unfamiliar with the Bob Lobel "why can't we get players like that?" era.

Sitting here the day after the trade, everyone is calm and rational. If, 2 years from now, A-Gon is hitting .325 with 29 HRs in July, Beckett is 11-3, 2.98 and Crawford is .322 with a couple dozen stolen bases, people in this region will be very critical - despite the fact that, by all indications, those men were simply not able to compete at that level in this town.

You must be unfamiliar with the Bob Lobel "why can't we get players like that?" era.

Sitting here the day after the trade, everyone is calm and rational. If, 2 years from now, A-Gon is hitting .325 with 29 HRs in July, Beckett is 11-3, 2.98 and Crawford is .322 with a couple dozen stolen bases, people in this region will be very critical - despite the fact that, by all indications, those men were simply not able to compete at that level in this town.

Two words: Theo Epstein.

i'm really surprised gonzo didn't work out for the red sox after that initial season

i thought he would be alot better in the al than having to play in petco

maybe he just got old extremely fast
i like what Brian cashman said about the trade. great trade for the redsox unfortunately.

Im familiar with Lobel saying that, always hated when he said that. Giving up Agon was the price to pay to get rid of Becket and dump Crawfords salary. They're now going back to the business model that netted them two world series instead of the Yankee business model that Theo blamed on the monster.

Epstein ****ed us over bad. He was great at building a farm system. Couldn't manage free agency for ****.

Epstein ****ed us over bad. He was great at building a farm system. Couldn't manage free agency for ****.

I realize it's early, and I haven't had my coffee yet, but I can't refute this argument. Schilling was a trade...Nomah trade netted OC et al, I can't come up with a player or players that show the free agency is the way to go. Ortiz was a free agent, I believe. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut from time to time. Of course, Ortiz was nothing until he met Manny's pharmacist.

Of course, Ortiz was nothing until he met Manny's pharmacist.

This is a pretty ignorant comment. Ortiz has produced big time the past 4 years, he's a natural pure power hitter. Yes he did show up on that list a long time ago but don't forget that list included all kinds of supplements not just steroids, and Ortiz did point out years prior in a Globe article that many latin players are probably taking supplements that they don't know would put them at risk on the list.

This is a pretty ignorant comment. Ortiz has produced big time the past 4 years, he's a natural pure power hitter. Yes he did show up on that list a long time ago but don't forget that list included all kinds of supplements not just steroids, and Ortiz did point out years prior in a Globe article that many latin players are probably taking supplements that they don't know would put them at risk on the list.

please:rolleyes:. theres nothing ignorant with what he said. it wouldnt surprise me at all if ortiz was on the juice. it wouldnt surprise me if any player was on the juice. :rolleyes: keep waiving those pom poms

Last edited:

He was on the Mitchell report, was he not? 20 HR's and 75 RBI's was his best season in Minnesota. Look, I am not bashing the guy. I believe the #'s of guys either juicing, on HGH, or some sort of supplement are very high in MLB, and I believe the #'s are staggering in the NFL. It's quite simple, there's too much $$ involved for guys to not find some help. That's across the board, BTW, agents, players, teams, leagues, sponsors, you name it. Everyone has something to gain. If you want to believe that guys are clean, good for you. I choose to not be that naive. Call me a jaded conspiracist. I believe someone like Melky Cabrera has to really foul up in order to come up with a failed test. :hijacked:

Last edited:
i think Ortiz is doing the diluted juice now ... :rofl:

I really don't care anymore who is doing it ... I do care when we sign a juicer
and they go organic. :nono: ... we sign you as a juicer you keep juicing.

Last edited:

:Dlmao :D:rocker:

napoli is a free agent this year. hes a solid option at 1st base. i know some people think there's nobody in free agency but i think the possibilities are endless. im so much more optimistic about the sox than i was a week ago. i dont think its going to take three years either.

Last edited:

I haven't cared for years because I automatically assume some level of assistance is administered in elite sport.

I don't think Ellsbury has a lot of time left in Boston. We've already made a mistake giving someone with his skill set a massive contract. Giving one to someone over 30 is bad news.

I say try and trade him for Andrus, Profar is waiting in the wings for them at SS.

I don't think Ellsbury has a lot of time left in Boston. We've already made a mistake giving someone with his skill set a massive contract. Giving one to someone over 30 is bad news.

I say try and trade him for Andrus, Profar is waiting in the wings for them at SS.

comparing ellsbury and crawford is like comparing apples and oranges. they drafted ellsbury hes home grown talent. they know everything there is to know about the guy. who knows what kind of deal hes looking for but if they can keep the guy they should. unless someone blows them away with a trade offer.

Last edited:

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back