PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adrian Gonzalez, Crawford, Beckett & Punto Trade Talk to Dodgers

I loved Boomer ... those were the days we needed to hit at least 3 HR's to win a game. I remember a few times we hit 5 and still lost.

I really liked him too, had an unbelievable glove. But after he left it was over, and Cooper was awesome. That trade ranks right up at the top with brain farts made by the Sox (that is quite a statement).

If Beckett thought he got booed before, then he hasn't heard anything if he does not sign off on this trade. Why in the world wouldn't he want a chance for a 4th ring?

If Beckett thought he got booed before, then he hasn't heard anything if he does not sign off on this trade. Why in the world wouldn't he want a chance for a 4th ring?
4th ring? hes got one from 2003[marlins] and one from 2007[redsox].

Last edited:
082412_new_payroll_last.jpg

very nice.....would be nice to have Rizzo about now.

and Bogaerts hit another ******* home run....:rocker:

So what does management do with Ortiz? Will they overpay again for the aging DH? They paid $6 mill more than market and got a great 3.5 months and then his achilles flared. No way I go two years. But management may feel he is the only marquis player and a draw. The 2013 salary list is crazy....how few contracts go past '12. Amazing.

Your right. But still, 3 freakin rings beats 2.
do you really think by adding agon and beckett the dodgers are going to win the world series? i dont see it. beckett should do a little better against nl lineups maybe. but he clearly is out of shape and has no heart and hes due for another injury. plus he has kids now so he cant be counted on[insert sarcasm]crawford is down for the year. that leaves agon. hes not pushing any team over the top. i think this is a huge mistake for them. just like it was for the sox when we gave up the farm to get him. fingers crossed this trade happens. any player who cant handle some media guy is mentally weak imo.

Last edited:
So what does management do with Ortiz? Will they overpay again for the aging DH? They paid $6 mill more than market and got a great 3.5 months and then his achilles flared. No way I go two years. But management may feel he is the only marquis player and a draw. The 2013 salary list is crazy....how few contracts go past '12. Amazing.

They will go year by year with him IMO unless he jumps ship. He doesn't fit the mold of the team Valentine would like to have but Valentine respects his bat and needs him. Red Sox had '0' home runs from the DH position while Ortiz was out.

does anybody else think that the players missing jp funeral was the straw that broke the camels back? i do. i think that really pissed ownership off. the history of the boston redsox and the legacy of the team is very important to them. jp was a huge part of it and the players not going was like taking a collective piss all over the entire redsox franchise. i think that opened there eyes finally.

do you really think by adding agon and beckett the dodgers are going to win the world series? i dont see it. beckett should do a little better against nl lineups maybe. but he clearly is out of shape and has no heart and hes due for another injury. plus he has kids now so he cant be counted on[insert sarcasm]crawford is down for the year. that leaves agon. hes not pushing any team over the top. i think this is a huge mistake for them. just like it was for the sox when we gave up the farm to get him. fingers crossed this trade happens. any player who cant handle some media guy is mentally weak imo.

It wasnt a mistake when the Sox did it, they won the 07 world series, thats what you play for. The mistake was Theo resigning him for 5 years.
Theres more reasons for the Dodgers making this trade, this guy makes some of the points, they could and probably will make enough money from the buzz that this trade will pay for itself, the fans are going ape**** over there they're so excited about this

Red Sox Hit Reboot, Dodgers Pick Up Pieces | FanGraphs Baseball

Last edited:
does anybody else think that the players missing jp funeral was the straw that broke the camels back? i do. i think that really pissed ownership off. the history of the boston redsox and the legacy of the team is very important to them. jp was a huge part of it and the players not going was like taking a collective piss all over the entire redsox franchise. i think that opened there eyes finally.

This is too big a deal to have been thrown together in the last couple of days, the groundwork has been in the process of being laid for some time. The sox were basically painted in a corner with the new payroll luxury cap, Theo must have projected it to be higher when he made these deals, either that or he knew he was leaving and didnt care, either way this gives Ben a reboot and now he can get back to basics, field a team with young and home grown talent and fill the holes with free agents, they can field a championship team for a fraction of the bloated under performing pig they've had.
Now that they have flexibility lets see if they spend wisely. They can resign Ellsbury.
DeLaRosa has a chance to be an ace but they may have something else up their sleeve. You need at least one true ace to win a world series, something they've been lacking.

It wasnt a mistake when the Sox did it, they won the 07 world series, thats what you play for. The mistake was Theo resigning him for 5 years.
Theres more reasons for the Dodgers making this trade, this guy makes some of the points, they could and probably will make enough money from the buzz that this trade will pay for itself, the fans are going ape**** over there they're so excited about this

Red Sox Hit Reboot, Dodgers Pick Up Pieces | FanGraphs Baseball

i wasn't talking about the beckett trade. i was referring to the agone trade and i hope he is gone soon. yes there are good reason for the dodgers to make the trade other than trying to win a ws. for there sake i hope so. basically all the dodgers are getting back is one good player. beckett will never be the beckett of 07. they will never get anything close to a full year out of him. crawfords best days are behind him to. if the sox pull this off its nothing short of amazing. to dump all that salary and get some blue chip prospects back is a bonus.

Last edited:
What I do not like about this trade is what you gave up..

Kelly and Rizzo for Gonsalves...

Now Gonsalves, Beckett, Crawford and Punto for a bunch of unheralded players..

So essentially you lost Kelly, Rizzo, Gonsalves, Beckett, Crawford and Punto for these guys...

Know you are not supposed to look at it this way, but you gave up a lot and there are no chips left to deal...

Best Salary dump ever.

Make it happen Ben...

I'd have taken a bag of balls for that amount off the payroll.

That Kid De Larosa looks to be very very good.

no downside on this for the team.

Id even DFA Lackey now.

Let the bastard rot.
send a message. Players do not run this organisation.

Pedroia wants to open his mouth again. Theres the door pal.

I love this move.

Last edited:
Haven't tuned into Boston media in awhile, is it true Adrian Gonzalez has been trashed to the point where fans actually want him gone? Unbelievable if true. The only reason the Dodgers would accept horrible Beckett and Crawford contracts are because Gonzalez is that good on offense and defense. His contract is also great value compared to what Prince and Howard are making.

Haven't tuned into Boston media in awhile, is it true Adrian Gonzalez has been trashed to the point where fans actually want him gone? Unbelievable if true. The only reason the Dodgers would accept horrible Beckett and Crawford contracts are because Gonzalez is that good on offense and defense. His contract is also great value compared to what Prince and Howard are making.

looks like Gonzalez was the spoon full of sugar to help the medicine go down.

Take Crawford and Beckett and we'll give you our star 1b.

It had to be done.
Sure he'll be missed. But this had to happen.

Seriously? It's not what I think, it is what Beckett thinks. I bet his mentality is different then what you posted. I do not care if the Dodgers get hosed or are making a bad decision. Trade him and add a case of beer and a KFC certificate.

Seriously? It's not what I think, it is what Beckett thinks. I bet his mentality is different then what you posted. I do not care if the Dodgers get hosed or are making a bad decision. Trade him and add a case of beer and a KFC certificate.
the only thing beckett is thinking about is what hes going to do on his next day off.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back